Who are your Top 4 draft offensive linemen in order?

Mine are: 

1. Wirfs - great athlete and productive college player - might be a guard long term which I'm ok with 
  2. Wills - productive in college against top competition, nasty attitude but is he a true LT?
  3. Becton - insane size and potential, I worry about level of competition & consistency 
  4. Thomas - to me, he's a safe pick - not exciting maybe not superstar potential but a Day 1 starter 

6 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Not guaranteed 

maybe not but this draft seems like it can go a number of ways.  who would of thought there might be 4 qb's going in the top 10?  and even if the jets don't land one of those top 4 linemen they should still have a good shot at lamb or jeudy.  we'll see.

• Upvote 1

Thomas - safest LT prospect, will start for a decade or more.

Wirfs - awesome athlete, who may be able to become a LT or stay as an upper-tier RT.

Becton - a mammoth LT prospect with very good movement skills. Is he too big to hold up long term? I'd be willing to take a shot.

Wills - can be a great RT or OG, also might be able to play LT. The reports from interviews and film work at the combine are a worry, though.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Wirfs

Thomas

Wills

Becton

This is my list and I have Wirfs and Thomas as 1a and 1b.

Becton is a huge gamble. He would also be a very Jetsy pick and seems to be falling right to them at 11. I think he will end up being a Jet and fans will be praying he pans out.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I really hope the jets dedicate to building a strong OL through the draft but I'm getting more concerned the true LT prospect isn't in this draft. Seems we have choice of a high floor, low ceiling guy. A guy who may end being a guard. A guy who may end up being a RT or guard and a guy who is boom or bust.

Now, all four could end up being solid LT`s but it's starting to look like we may need to keep our options open regarding that position. 

Personally I'd like to see them dedicate 3 picks to OL this draft.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1. Trent Williams for the lower 3rd.  Worth the shot for a LT.
  2. Wirfs-I don't believe he is a G.   He is a RT or LT tackle.   He has the metrics to play LT.  He will want to be a LT and will make it happen.  But if we trade for Williams and don't sign Conklin, draft Wirfs as RT future LT.
  3. Thomas-safe pick if we don't trade for Williams.  He can play LT better than Beachum for half the price.  Not the best athlete or football player available.  Don't think he is a RT, which is part of the problem.
  4. Becton, if we don't sign Conklin, even if we trade for Williams.  Worst case he is a dominant RT.   Don't be gambling on a LT at 11.
  5. Wills if we don't sign Conklin, regardless of Williams, and we are sure he can play RT.   If we don't think he can play RT pass and draft pure guards in lower rounds (Brendeson, etc.).
  6. Otherwise, one of the future Pro Bowl WRs.

Wirfs will be gone before 11.  So practically and in reality, this is either trade for Williams or draft Thomas.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, naturalscience said:

I really hope the jets dedicate to building a strong OL through the draft but I'm getting more concerned the true LT prospect isn't in this draft. Seems we have choice of a high floor, low ceiling guy. A guy who may end being a guard. A guy who may end up being a RT or guard and a guy who is boom or bust.

Now, all four could end up being solid LT`s but it's starting to look like we may need to keep our options open regarding that position. 

Personally I'd like to see them dedicate 3 picks to OL this draft.

Wirfs and Wills look like Right Tackles.  I think Wirfs is such a freak he can play LT in the pros.  I’m concerned that Wills doesn’t have the mental makeup to be a blindside protector which is why he played strictly RT in college

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Wirfs and Wills look like Right Tackles.  I think Wirfs is such a freak he can play LT in the pros.  I’m concerned that Wills doesn’t have the mental makeup to be a blindside protector which is why he played strictly RT in college

Wills was the blindside protector at Bama.....not sure what you're talking about.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

Amazing how little consensus there is about these guys. Must mean all are extremely close

they are  ?..if i had to " List " them for OUR team...

Wirfs

Thomas

Beckton

Wills

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

1 hour ago, section314 said:

What do you think of Josh Jones? Would he be in play at #11, or would that be too high, maybe lower on a trade down?

He is like a Kolton Miller or Bolles.  Starts at LT but gets picked in the 20s because he needs a bit of development .  I would be good with that. 

ALL of these guys are better than what we had last season.

They all have size. That was a major deficiency last season. If the Jets get two guys with real size, it totally transforms  the OL. It's like this: against the same defense, when the two lines clash, little OLs make no forward progress before the defense makes its penetration. BIG guys make a little forward progress before the defense makes its penetration and get blocks at the second level. I'd really like that size to be on the inside for the Jets.

But, I know I can't be choosey because we really have nothing...

...although Compton is not a shrimp.