Would you trade..

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Sure, that's what it was.  

In fact no one covered JuJu.  He was left alone to run free.  All those number and through 16 games no one thought to cover him. 

The defense’s second or third CB was covering Juju man to man

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And a rookie playing on the same team with the same backup qb was more productive 

you guys act like Juju is Calvin Johnson

Oh, I know this one. This is the old, I'll say something incorrect and then overblow the other side's argument to ridiculous proportions to validate my stupidity.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And a rookie playing on the same team with the same backup qb was more productive 

you guys act like Juju is Calvin Johnson

You do realize smith played on a bad knee most of the year and had a concussion to deal with?

• Upvote 2

Is there any reason to believe that JuJu is available? Don't the Steelers want to win this year? As for the original question, I would absolutely make that trade for JuJu...I know he will want to get paid, and he should get close to Amari money. That is the price of high-end WR play in 2020.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

you're just making your point worse.  thats exactly why diontae johnson had a better year than juju.  teams doubled juju and everyone else benefited from it.  you put juju on this team with mims, perriman, crowder, bell, herndon, an upgraded OL and a good QB, it's gonna be awesome.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

No, fourth or fifth best defender.  Maybe a LB on him, every play.

Anything else I missed watching those games you watched while hallucinating 

49 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Where do I sign?  You are just teasing us now. 

Any sane person would make that trade in a nano second. An established successful player, capable of being top 10 in the league for years and that we have seen be outstanding at times vs a pair of dart throw draft choices?   Are you serious?

Exactly, no brainer of a trade.   The question is why would Pittsburgh ever make that trade now?  They would go into the season with a rookie in Claypool and James Washington - what signal would that send to Ben and the rest of the team?

Can we give the perriman too to sweeten the deal and help their WR corps in 2020?  

7 minutes ago, heymangold said:

that is true - juju only played in 13 games i believe

He only played in 12 games. 

Was injured in others.

Phil somehow missed that in the games he watched.  

At some point you have to just say, "yeah, you're right" and move on,

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

At least allow Denzel mims to fail before you trade for another WR

Why?

If Mims is what we all hope he is there isnt a place for a JuJu Smith on this team?  Cant have two number ones lined up creating mis match problems for every defense to deal with?  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Why?

If Mims is what we all hope he is there isnt a place for a JuJu Smith on this team?  Cant have two number ones lined up creating mis match problems for every defense to deal with?  

Nah, there's a limit on how good your wide receivers can be. The Jets have been the only ones abiding by that rule.

You also need to evaluate whether a player fails before you get other players. That takes an indeterminate amount of time but the sooner the better, obviously.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You do realize smith played on a bad knee most of the year and had a concussion to deal with?

Was just going to mention this.  He hurt his knee in November, missed 4 gaemes and played through injury in the Steelers last two games of the season.  Add in the loss of Roethlisberger and it is no surprise his numbers are down.  As long as the knee is good, he would be a guy I would love to add.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Young Jetty said:

2021 is going to be another deep WR draft so no. Could probably get another starter with that pick.

Yeah, probably, maybe.  

And if you have JuJu you can use that high pick on a player at another position of need

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Nah, there's a limit on how good your wide receivers can be. The Jets have been the only ones abiding by that rule.

You also need to evaluate whether a player fails before you get other players. That takes an indeterminate amount of time but the sooner the better, obviously.

Two lead WRs, who would ever think that could work.  I mean, how many balls are there, are there enough?  How do other teams do it?  Look how badly it worked for Pittsburgh with JuJu and AB, 2800 yards, 215 receptions and 22 TDs between the 2 of them.  

Yup, never works

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m really disappointed in the lack of discussion regarding trading Jamal Adams In this thread. I feel like it’s something that hasn’t been discussed yet. 

Didnt we trade him already?

• Haha 2

I meant with Ju Ju
And Crowder is one of the best slot receivers in football.
Crowder is alright but he has to step up this year for there to be an argument as one of the best. Last year he did well behind a bad offensive line and with darnold out a few games but this year hopefully there are no excuses and he has over 1k yards and 10+ touchdowns. Until then I think saying he is one of the best is over rating him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If Mims is the guy we think he is, we would have one of the best receiving corps in football, counting the TE in the equation. 

For a 2nd rounder.

People are so concentrated on a receiver that they neglect the fact that we have both inside and outside receivers and that we **may** finally have a line which may afford us the time to get them the ball. It starts and ends at the line and they dictate what receivers looks like. 

EDIT:  I misunderstood the terms.  It was the 2021 2nd and apparently the 2021 5th, since the 2020 draft is over.  Schuster is an excellent player, but isn't he is in his walk year?  I think his success has primarily come from the slot and I don't get how "he only played 12 games" is supposed to  make me want him more.  Concussion and knee injuries often linger.  I get wanting to add Schuster, but no thanks.  

Think about what this years 2nd turned into: Mims, Morgan, Clark, and the Patriots 2021 6th.  The 2021 draft is also supposed to be very receiver heavy.  For one season of JJSS. 

• Upvote 1

If the Steelers trade Juju, it’s because they expect him to leave in free agency after this season. So a new contract has to be built into this. Which I don’t see anyone talking about. What are you willing to pay Juju after trading a 2 and a 5 for him?

No idea where the idea Juju struggled last year because his quarterback couldn’t push the ball downfield is coming from. He ate from the slot early in his career and has never been a downfield guy. Average target depth of 8.4-10.3 his whole career - last year included. And 8.4 was his big 2018 season. For the Jets last year for comparison - Crowded’s average target depth was 8, Thomas’ was 9.6, and Anderson’s was 14.

Along those lines not sure why we’re so keen on pairing him with Crowder, or confident he can play outside. Juju is a big slot and a guy who is effective underneath. If anything he’s a Crowder replacement.

Also just think this has no chance of happening from a fit standpoint as I said earlier. It seems pretty clear that the Jets want outside receivers who can put pressure on defenses vertically with speed to open up the run game and underneath passing game. Frankly I expect they’ll want to replace Crowder with a more vertical slot guy if they get an opportunity too. That’s the direction this offense is going.

Curtis Samuel is the guy to target if anyone. Can play inside or outside, vertical threat, Panthers may be looking to move on, also coming off a down year but won’t be as expensive to acquire, and actually struggled because the Panthers quarterbacks couldn’t find him downfield. He’s Mims/Perriman readiness insurance outside and Crowder insurance in case of injury.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

People are so concentrated on a receiver that they neglect the fact that we have both inside and outside receivers and that we **may** finally have a line which may afford us the time to get them the ball. It starts and ends at the line and they dictate what receivers looks like. 

Oh, great, the running back argument is wearing new clothes. 

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The way people overvalue draft picks is a ****n mazing to me.

Well I am amazed how readily many are willing to give them all away for players many of whom would in no way justify the loss of draft capital. Draft picks in my opinion are incredibly valuable, more valuable than people realize because you have a chance to get a great player under the rookie salary structure. A lot of picks fail so keeping them dramtically increases the odds of getting a good player. 

I suspect that this trade is all just complete speculation.  I could see trading for him but draft picks are very very real costs that should not be taken lightly