New York Jets: Daniel Jerimiah predicts Quinnen Williams breakout year

12 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

I think the year of experience, time in the weight and nutrition program, and just growing a year older will help. He's barely a man - a big teen playing with mature men. He'll get better, year on year.

inshallah!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I agree I expect a big year.  Look I understand that many fans are down on him because he didn’t have a monster rookie year but it’s not like he was bad. He did good things despite not getting a lot of sacks.  Was he great? No but I do think injuries had a lot to do with it.  Kid is really talented 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bungaman said:

I think the year of experience, time in the weight and nutrition program, and just growing a year older will help. He's barely a man - a big teen playing with mature men. He'll get better, year on year.

This is always the angle I disagree with the most in regards to a reason why Q will be better. 

A player of his stature coming out of THE premier division 1 college football program should be ready to make an immediate impact. That did not happen. 

Consider that Qunnien has had 

- 3 years of conditioning and Nutrion from arguably the best program in college football history. 

- 2 years of play on that pro level Alabama team. 

- 1 entire private pre draft training program and nutrition from personal trainers. 

- 1 entire training camp with an NFL team. 

- 1 entire season with an NFL team

...and he still looks liked the Stay Puft marshmallow man. 

I want him to breakout and be a beast for his entire career, but saying that's all a player of his stature needs to be great is silly. 

• Upvote 1

A 3rd overall pick in the draft is not some developmental long term project guy who slowly moves along to 5 sacks, then 8 sacks.

He has his rookie excuse year out of the way he has to be vastly better and a force on the inside that teams have to worry about or it was a fail pick.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

If he has been putting in the work this offseason, I think he can definitely make a bigger impact and with time, I think he can be better than what we got out of LW. I like him and hope to see more. Maybe he can get his old number back, doesn’t even need to change the name in the back. 

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Daniel Jeremiah is wrong.  

It was obvious QW simply wasn’t explosive enough to be a difference maker.  He may turn into a quality starting caliber run stopper but it’s unrealistic to expect anything more

What about that high ankle sprain? Wouldn’t that slow you down? Seems like one of the worst injuries these guys can get. 

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, KRL said:

At minimum I need to see:

16 Games

50+ Tackles
7+  Sacks
15+ TFL

For the #3 pick out of Alabama that's not too much to ask

Agreed. This is fair and what needs to happen for him to live up to the hype. 

DJ is right.  QW showed some great traits down the stretch last season.  He's spending this offseason getting stronger, should be healthy and playing with a year under his belt.  Big year in 2020.

• Upvote 1

The more QW improves...the better this defense will be.  Can be a legit top 5 D...if he becomes a Beast.

I'm hoping his "breakout" this season...will result in him getting 6-8 sacks, and numerous hits and pressures...while being double teamed.  It will be a huge boost to the revamped secondary's effectiveness.  As well as for GW's pass rushing schemes.  Would help versatile draftee's like Ashtyn Davis and Bryce Hall...being effective both in the secondary and in GW's blitz schemes.  And also a raw but talented edge guy like Zuniga.  Maybe help revitalize Anderson for the pass rush too.  

I'm sure GW got QW's attention...to work out his ass this offseason...to be a more significant contributor for this year's D...

EWn8-g4WoAAnoxL?format=jpg&name=small

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Drums said:

What about that high ankle sprain? Wouldn’t that slow you down? Seems like one of the worst injuries these guys can get. 

That and taking a gun to an airport. He’ll be suspended numerous games. Will give him time to ‘heal’ that ankle. JD will get rid of this Macc waste product as soon as it’s feasible.

53 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

What was Q's injury again?  High Ankle or just a "regular" ankle sprain?

It was a high ankle sprain that kept him out a couple weeks.  Williams commended his toughness saying the same injury keeps most guys out for a month or more.

We obviously saw a physically reduced version of Q who still had some good moments.  The people giving up on him or actually called for trading him are simply clueless..  to put it nicely.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Pac said:

It was a high ankle sprain that kept him out a couple weeks.  Williams commended his toughness saying the same injury keeps most guys out for a month or more.

We obviously saw a physically reduced version of Q who still had some good moments.  The people giving up on him or actually called for trading him are simply clueless..  to put it nicely.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/c-j-mosley-quinnen-williams-jets-injuries-1.36116238

Exactly! The guy sprained his ankle in the first game of the season and was in a walking boot. Kinda hard to show your speed and to anchor in the trenches with a high ankle sprain. If now fully healed and after a full year in an NFL strength program, we should finally see the beast that we drafted.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

That and taking a gun to an airport. He’ll be suspended numerous games. Will give him time to ‘heal’ that ankle. JD will get rid of this Macc waste product as soon as it’s feasible.

How many games do you predict he is suspended? It sounded bad at first but once the details came out it didn't seem as bad. Ed Oliver on the other hand.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I look forward to the QW haters getting as quiet as the Baker lovers

I wish we didn't hate our own players so much, and I think it is getting worse. Meanwhile the amount of love Brian Winters gets for playing through injuries, and sucking way more than Q ever did, is weird.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Drums said:

How many games do you predict he is suspended? It sounded bad at first but once the details came out it didn't seem as bad. Ed Oliver on the other hand.

I figure at least 2-3 games.  Just for being an imbecile. 

• Haha 1