Mt Rushmore of QBs. Name your Top 4 NFL QBs ever.

I started watching in 83 and started watching obsessively in 85.

I'll only pick the quarterbacks I've seen and I refuse to pick a recent guy who feasts on bullsh*t rule changes. 

One game to win:

1. Joe Montana. He's the best.  Mobile enough and had pin point accuracy.  Injuries stopped him from 2-3 more rings. 

2. John Elway.  Doesn't have the flashy stats, but the guy carried weak ass teams to multiple Superbowls and just flat out won.  Stayed healthy and could really run when he had to.  If you were to build a robot quarterback with the combination of arm strength and mobility, John was the mold. 

3. Peyton Manning.  Borderline rule feaster, but he would have 5 rings if not for the cheating ****s. 

4. Brett Favre.  The guy was great.

Start a franchise with:

Same names, but a different order.  Health and longevity plays a role here:

1.  Elway

2. Favre

3. Manning

4. Montana

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

@greenwichjetfan and a few others have mentioned Mahomes, and I agree he looks like he’ll eventually be on a lot of our lists.

Im wondering what people’s thoughts are about Lamar Jackson. He’s won an MVP already in his first two years. A lot of people here bring up the fact his career could be cut short because of his running ability.

Does anyone think he could have a career similar to Mahomes?

Mahomes is already on GOAT trajectory. 

LJax is one of my favorite players to watch in the league, but a big part of his MVP season was Ingram and Roman. We saw what LJax was without them - although I understand he was a rookie that year. But what happens when those two are taken away again? I don’t think he continues to compete for MVPs.

Meanwhile, if Mahomes weren’t playing hurt for 3 or 4 games this year where he had his worst numbers of the season, I think he ends up putting together a much better fight for the MVP. As it stands, he was still 3rd in the voting last year. Oh, and SB MVP.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Stop overrating Marino, lifetime loser. Rodgers is a better pure thrower than Marino and a SB champion. 

What are you, 12?

Marino was like a hyper-overpowered Namath. Arm like Favre,  release faster than anyone, and so angry and competitive, Brady would piss his pants if anyone had ever gotten as angry at him as Marino got when his O line blew a block or a Receiver ran a wrong route. 

Threw for 5,000 yards in 1984...1984!! lol.... to a pair of midgets back when Defenses blew people up and defensive holding was barely a thing, never had a running game, and had to endure a dinosaur like Shula. 

I hated the Dolphins, and Marino is a legendary a$$hole here in SoFla, but recognize the absurd talent the guy had. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

What are you, 12?

Marino was like a hyper-overpowered Namath. Arm like Favre,  release faster than anyone, and so angry and competitive, Brady would piss his pants if anyone had ever gotten as angry at him as Marino got when his O line blew a block or a Receiver ran a wrong route. 

Threw for 5,000 yards to a pair of midgets.back when Defenses blew people up and defensive holding was barely a thing, never had a running game, and had to endure a dinosaur like Shula. 

I hated the Dolphins, and Marino is a legendary a$$hole here in SoFla, but recognize the absurd talent the guy had. 

No one is denying that he was supremely talented and a top 10 QB all time. He isn’t better than Rodgers by any measure, and for such a talented QB he surely failed to elevate his team to success playing in a terrible division.

1 hour ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Just like the thread says, name your Top 4 QBs. The way I did it was I imagined my team needing to win one game. The most important game ever, and thought who I’d want to be my QB.

Here’s my list.

1. Brady

2. Montana

3. Marino

4.Rothlisberger

Kelly?

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

No one is denying that he was supremely talented and a top 10 QB all time. He isn’t better than Rodgers by any measure, and for such a talented QB he surely failed to elevate his team to success playing in a terrible division.

As a passer, ARod isn't close to Marino. Sorry. 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

@greenwichjetfan and a few others have mentioned Mahomes, and I agree he looks like he’ll eventually be on a lot of our lists.

Im wondering what people’s thoughts are about Lamar Jackson. He’s won an MVP already in his first two years. A lot of people here bring up the fact his career could be cut short because of his running ability.

Does anyone think he could have a career similar to Mahomes?

I'd be stunned if Lamar keeps up the pace (or rough trajectory) he set last year.  I feel like he's going to be a shooting star type QB.  Mahomes, on the other hand, I could absolutely see being one of the all time greats.

15 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

What are you, 12?

Threw for 5,000 yards in 1984...1984!! lol.... to a pair of midgets back when Defenses blew people up and defensive holding was barely a thing, never had a running game, and had to endure a dinosaur like Shula. 

Marino had a better 1984 than Big Brother.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

What are you, 12?

And he could have played with Walker,Toon,Shuler, Freeman,Hector and the Sack Exchange D..

• Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Kapernick

Moon

Mcnair

Russell Wilson

I'm assuming this is a joke, but Warren Moon threw the prettiest ball.  Consistently the tightest spiral you've ever seen.

Underrated and overlooked because he just couldn't win in the postseason even though he had some very good teams in Houston and Minnesota.  He was awesome.

• Upvote 2