Bad news supposedly coming out of Washington eventually

4 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

The removal of a racist nickname won’t end Daniel Snyder’s problems.

Not long after the Washington owner announced that his team would no longer be known as the Redskins, a series of cryptic tweets from local reporters emerged, warning of an imminent bombshell set to shake the franchise to its core.

“The warped and toxic culture of the Washington Football Team is about to be exposed in a sickening fashion . . . Again,” wrote CBS’ Jason La Canfora, a former team beat reporter.

Julie Donaldson of NBC Sports Washington also wrote, “What’s coming is disappointing and sad.”

Though it remains unclear what will surface, several other reporters have also been tipped off to news that could be devastating to the team.

“There is much more going on . . . than a name change,” Scott Abraham of ABC 7 wrote. “. . . And it’s not good. I did not get specifics, but get ready people.”

JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington shared a similar tweet.

“A real busy week. And it’s not all going to be about the name and it’s not all going to be pretty.

2 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Not long after the Washington owner announced that his team would no longer be known as the Redskins, a series of cryptic tweets from local reporters emerged, warning of an imminent bombshell set to shake the franchise to its core.

“The warped and toxic culture of the Washington Football Team is about to be exposed in a sickening fashion . . . Again,” wrote CBS’ Jason La Canfora, a former team beat reporter.

Julie Donaldson of NBC Sports Washington also wrote, “What’s coming is disappointing and sad.”

Though it remains unclear what will surface, several other reporters have also been tipped off to news that could be devastating to the team.

“There is much more going on . . . than a name change,” Scott Abraham of ABC 7 wrote. “. . . And it’s not good. I did not get specifics, but get ready people.”

“A real busy week. And it’s not all going to be about the name and it’s not all going to be pretty.

This is getting to HS or Jamal Adams level childish if these media members are to be taken seriously. Just get it over with. I can picture them sitting behind their Twitter accounts ready to burst 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

This is getting to HS or Jamal Adams level childish if these media members are to be taken seriously. Just get it over with. I can picture them sitting behind their Twitter accounts ready to burst 

give them a break, there hasn't been any sports of significance to report on since March.

33 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Aren’t these guys supposed to break news? What are we waiting for let’s get it over with already!

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Yes... Absolutely.  That pertains to Woody....

And just as importantly, successful administrators know the strengths and limitations of the people in their charge.  They use their understanding of their staff to place individuals in positions that will take advantage of their strengths and limit exposure of their limitations.   

THAT one is for GASE who knows nothing about the golden rule of management.  

Good old Adam "Square Peg In Round Hole" Gase

I didn't like Gase from the beginning.  I wanted him fired during the season but even i can't deny the fact that the team never quit on him.  They finished very strong down the stretch and stayed together through a ton of ridiculous adversity.  That speaks to his leadership whether people want to believe it or not. I'm willing to give him a chance. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

I bet that dude on the left is a wicked bowler. So stocky with those forearms. I hate bowling with guys like that. I'm too long. I can never throw it as fast 

Yeah. Bowling. That's what Master Gunnery Sergeants are known for.....

BTW, who's the attractive middle aged blonde?

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Jets have not made the playoffs for a decade

there was a time that Woody cared, it's true

that time has come and gone 

at the current juncture he literally lent the team to his little brother and left the country

honest question: 

how many of us, given control of an NFL football team, would take an ambassador job to a foreign country rather than ya know, hang out and watch the team you own? 

he literally doesn't care at all 

as long as there's no big checks to sign Woody has this thing on autopilot 

Chris borrowed the car keys that doesn't mean he has the title 

Some consider an offer from the President to serve under him an honor,  no matter who the President is, and is not something you can refuse.  I wouldn't kill him on that. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Some consider an offer from the President to serve under him an honor,  no matter who the President is, and is not something you can refuse.  I wouldn't kill him on that. 

Ok but you own an NFL football team and you can't manage it anymore? 

this is like going into the priesthood and giving up sex 

like some may consider it a higher calling 

but it's not required by any means 

• WTF? 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/15/buzz-grows-of-a-looming-report-about-the-washington-franchise/

image.png.16d26dd9d2ec67fb09db204f9a95eb0c.png

Out of curiosity, how are the people on this forum getting ready?  I'm wondering if I should I work out?  Get extra sleep?  Stock up on food?  I'm thinking that if we all put our minds together, we'll have a far better chance of overcoming this.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Ok but you own an NFL football team and you can't manage it anymore? 

this is like going into the priesthood and giving up sex 

like some may consider it a higher calling 

but it's not required by any means 

When you have a sense of service to your Country, being asked by the President to serve under him is an honor and something that you don't take lightly. 

And could you imagine Woody trying to run the team from England. The best thing Woody did was let Chris come in and take control.  I'm not sure Woody would've set the mandate to get a QB (Darnold) in the 2018 draft like Chris did.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Aaron Hernandez said:

I been here since 2008. I like arguing, but you're giving me nothing to work with anymore. I feel like I'm picking on Dan Snyder 

Well I'm not a minority so picking on me will be a change for you. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Well I'm not a minority so picking on me will be a change for you. 

Again, you're not actually saying anything. You're accusing me of something with no basis cause I called you overly sensitive(over goya beans). I really think you have an issue with yourself. We're good. I'm done

23 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/15/buzz-grows-of-a-looming-report-about-the-washington-franchise/

image.png.16d26dd9d2ec67fb09db204f9a95eb0c.png

Out of curiosity, how are the people on this forum getting ready?  I'm wondering if I should I work out?  Get extra sleep?  Stock up on food?  I'm thinking that, if we all put our minds together, we'll have a far better chance of overcoming this.

How are you set for toilet paper?  Because when the sh-t start flying, that could come in handy.

• Haha 1