Cimini-Jets no interest in Clowney

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Joe Douglas once stated he wanted to make Jamal Adams a "Jet for life".

You are correct, but I really do believe it was the package Seattle offered that made JD trade Jamal. I really don’t think he would have traded him without getting a 2nd first rounder.

41 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Word up. Those 2>Clowney.  He’s good but hopefully Henry Anderson bounces back and can pretty much provide equal impact. Clowney has not lived up to the hype. Save the cash for a rainy day and get a legit pass rusher.

IMO, Clowney is not a JD move. I just don't get any feeling he would be interested in bringing him in.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

IMO, Clowney is not a JD move. I just don't get any feeling he would be interested in bringing him in.

Supposedly Clowney dogs practices.  Greg Williams is very much a my way or highway guy

Just sign Logan Ryan to a one year deal

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

We’re in full rebuild mode.  They’re not trying to field a competitive team this year.  

Anyone that thinks we’re going to sign any good players is just not paying attention.

If we can get him at a good price he's going to net us good comp pick if he plays half way competent. Not suggesting we do it unless the market dries up, but Dougles knows what he's doing 

• Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I know, right?

Don't hate the messenger though, take a look at their numbers.

If we're bad enough this year to be in a position to make a move for Fields or Lawrence, that means Darnold never progressed and had a bad year.

After 50+ years of following this team, I'm not like the young guys here. I don't have 25 years of seasons left, and I don't want to waste 5 more of them watching Sam and the Jets trying to justify what we gave up to get him.

You’re confusing Darnold’s potential and ability to your ability in making impactful, accurate, sensible posts. ?

21 hours ago, Ruby2 said:

No one in the media knows one way or the other,

Could have ended the thread here. One thing about the new regime is there seems to be a lot less leaks with the current FO than past FOs. The only reports on Sea/JA were from a Seattle reporter, none of the NY guys had any real reporting leading up to the trade about Seattle being involved. Not saying the Jets will sign him or anything but I read the report as Cimini doesn't think its probable given the lack of activity thus far, not that he has a source confirming no interest. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

JetNation… We finally have a competent GM!!! JD is doing it the right way, building through the draft. Signing big name FAs never works.

Also JetNation…. We gotta sign Clowney NOW!!!!!!

Man, I love this place. You guys are the best. :thumbup:

Go blow Baker at a Cheesecake Factory 

• Haha 1

Absolutely.  Which, I believe, is why he's not signed.  However, he makes the most sense to a team that's a contender, who may see a bigger payoff on the financial risk.
What really is the risk on a one year deal? At this point who knows what players are going to opt out. If the season is played any team could end up being a contender.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

What really is the risk on a one year deal? At this point who knows what players are going to opt out. If the season is played any team could end up being a contender.

I mean, it's not your ~17 million dollars, but it is ~17 million dollars.

• 3 months later...