All Pundits Unanimous - Jets Were A Joke & Gase Is The Cause

THE BARON

The groundswell of negativity against Gase in the media and the fan base is going to get louder and louder as this season progresses to the point where ownership will be forced to listen and ultimately make a move.  Unfortunately, I don't think they will have the stones to make a move until the season is over and another year of Darnold on a rookie contract is lost.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Been listening to all the sports media pundits this morning. 

That's your first mistake.

Everyone... And I mean EVERYONE exclaiming the Jets as a total joke in every respect.

My 9 year old son could see this, not exactly a hot take.

They all agree that Darnold has regressed and is showing signs of being very badly handled.

Darnold spends more time sucking on the teet of Jordan Palmer than he does any member of the Jets coaching staff.  He's with us for 16 weeks.  He's with Jordan Palmer's Quarterback Whisper Factory 36 weeks.

7 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

ALL pundits... and I mean ALL are pointing at Gase. 

The ignorant media who only know two Jets players by name and pay as much attention to us as we do the San Diego Padres will run to the click-producing Gase narrative because it's what the media does.  If you watched yesterday's game, you'd see that the D stunk up the joint more than the O did and if you're going to crush Gase you need to crush Williams and Darnold too.

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Joe Douglas... DO YOUR JOB AND DO IT NOW... FIRE ADAM GASE

What a brilliant idea, because a) we have so many qualified candidates in Florham Park and b) so many qualified head coaches are sitting at home just begging to lead a team known as NFL HC Siberia.

And before you go there, Gregg Williams screwed up yesterday worse than Gase did.  He's not the guy.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 7

5 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

The groundswell of negativity against Gase in the media and the fan base is going to get louder and louder as this season progresses to the point where ownership will be forced to listen and ultimately make a move. 

Hopefully the days of Jets ownership listening to the idiotic Jets fanbase's voices are over.

You geniuses have never gotten it right.  In fact, your impatience and pressure has hurt this team more than any head coach ever has.  Your begging and your revolving door of coaches and quarterbacks has led nowhere, and the reputation you caused as NFL Siberia for talented college coaches and NFL coordinators means we will never get a top candidate.  

Gase and Williams is as good as it gets for you.  You did this to us.  Enjoy.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Hopefully the days of Jets ownership listening to the idiotic Jets fanbase's voices are over.

You geniuses have never gotten it right.  In fact, your impatience and pressure has hurt this team more than any head coach ever has.  Your begging and your revolving door of coaches and quarterbacks has led nowhere, and the reputation you caused as NFL Siberia for talented college coaches and NFL coordinators means we will never get a top candidate.  

SAR I

jets heading the wrong way bills heading the correct way. The bills have a good coach , the jets a terrible one. The jets have a terrible roster the bills have a good one. The Bills brought in Diggs the Jets brought in Perriman.

I know a guy we can call him cars because he is a fake rich guy that drives an is lexus you which is like a 3 series bmw.   He says the bills are not better than the Jets and even said the Bills were not a playoff team last year when they played in the playoffs. This guy cars as we like to call him was talking about playoffs this year and how Gase was such a genius because the defense led by Adams helped win a bunch of games at the end of the season last year.He also says Allen is not a good QB like Sam is. 

The best thing Douglass can do is do what the Bills are doing. I look at their roster and there is not one starter the Jets have that I would take over the bills counterpart.

The best thing fans can do is not listen to fake rich guys like Cars.. 

I heard a few minutes of Laurie Rubinson late last night on the Fan. And she was advocating firing Gase. I disagree after one game. And the Jets did win 6 of their last 8 last year. I give Gase the season but I’ll say it again. There are few or no impact players on this team. And the 3 we had last year are gone. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

jets heading the wrong way bills heading the correct way. The bills have a good coach , the jets a terrible one. The jets have a terrible roster the bills have a good one. The Bills brought in Diggs the Jets brought in Perriman.

Jets:  A bad game.  Let's see where we are after Week 4 before passing judgement on this quarterback, this coaching staff, and this roster.

Bills:  Typical eked-out win over a bad team.  A dominant playoff team wins that game by 40 points, not 10.  When they beat an actual playoff team in the course of a season, let me know, then I'll start to show them some respect.

SAR I

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Grades for yesterday:

Sam Darnold: F

Gregg Williams: F

Jet Fans (excluding SAR): F

Adam Gase: A+

Christopher Johnson: A+

2 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

What is Gase's offense ? Seriously

Any answers would be greatly apprieciated.

What is the Bills offense?  Josh Allen running around is not exactly some genius-level strategy.  Is that what you want?  Some high-risk quarterback improvisation featuring fumbles, interceptions, incompletions, and the inevitable knee injury that ends the season?  That's where McDermott is headed.

The Gase offense?  You mean the Loggains offense, correct?  I'm not sure what it is, but what we do know is that no NFL offensive coordinator is going to look competent if his a) quarterback can't hit the side of a barn, b) his OL is having trouble containing a pass rush, and c) the RB is an over-the-hill bust.  A few weeks from now when Darnold wakes the **** up, the OL is gelled, Perine is back, and Mims is back, let's talk.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, SAR I said:

You geniuses have never gotten it right.  In fact, your impatience and pressure has hurt this team more than any head coach ever has.  Your begging and your revolving door of coaches and quarterbacks has led nowhere.  

SAR I

Impatience? The team has been garbage for the last decade, and that's being generous.  How patient should the fan base be?  Should we blindly fork over our cash like mindless zombies to ownership and sit deaf mute while the team stinks year after year?  There's a revolving door of coaches and QB's because ownership has been incompetent and they have hired incompetent people to make bad decisions stacked on top of bad decisions.  Every coach, GM, and QB that has been shown the door over the last decade deserved their fate.  Good organizations are quick to recognize their mistakes and quickly move on from them.  Stability for the stake of stability and allowing bottom-feeder losers like Gase run the show for two years too long is idiotic, and this has been the Jets pattern for years.  Even a halfwit can see that Gase isn't the answer here.  He needs to go.  Now.  

I do not think Gase is a good HC. Perhaps with a veteran QB he would be a good OC, but that is not his role here. It is to make the whole team better and develop a young QB. He is failing in both regards in spades.

That said. I do feel a little bit bad for him. He took over a team so devoid of talent that it would be impossible to plug all of the holes and fix depth issues in any less time than 3 years. He lost one of those years because he was not able to get Mac fired until after the 2019 draft. I'm not sure what the Jets would look like if JD already had 2 drafts to fix the O line, but I am pretty sure he would not have drafted Quinnen Williams and instead would have traded back and selected some O lineman. But, that's the past and there is no re-writing the past.

I applaud Gase for ridding us of Mac and getting us JD. It was the best thing to happen to the Jets' management since Parcell's was hired. Unfortunately for Gase he has done little justify keeping him around as a HC as JD steadily improves the talent on the team.  So, give Gase, at most, the first 8 games to show improvement. If the team is not competitive by then, or if it appears at some point that the team has quit on him (they didn't yesterday -  well, a couple of them did), fire him, make GW the interim HC and Jim Bob Cooter the OC (I'm still confused why Jim Bob - a former QB - is the RB coach and not the QB coach).

The coaching change will merely rid us of Gase's ineptitude. It will not convert the team into a winning team. Here is the bottom line for this season. The O line is comprised of players selected in the following rounds: 1st, 4th, 5th, undrafted, and undrafted;  and all but the 1st round pick were selected by other teams and either traded on not re-signed. If they overachieve, they will become by seasons end a below average but serviceable line -- and that is mainly due to Becton. The interior of the Jets O line will remain among the worst in the NFL. Frankly, I'd start trying to work Clark in at LG once he is healthy, in the hope of making the left side above average and giving the RBs a strong side to run behind. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jets:  A bad game.  Let's see where we are after Week 4 before passing judgement on this quarterback, this coaching staff, and this roster.

Bills:  Typical eked-out win over a bad team.  A dominant playoff team wins that game by 40 points, not 10.  When they beat an actual playoff team in the course of a season, let me know, then I'll start to show them some respect.

SAR I

Face it, the Bill dominated the Jets yesterday. It wasn't pretty.

Everything that could go wrong DID go wrong yesterday. Start holding the players accountable to for God sake. 

Penalties- missed tackles- missed WRs- drops- throw a horrible pick- fumble. You name every bad thing that can happen & it happened. Even though our new punter was awesome STs missed like 3 tackles allowing nice returns. Just 2/3 catches to covert 1st downs in the 1st three series & you stunt the Bills from rolling downhill for a quarter & a half. 

The team was completely out of sync & has poor talent, or young talent, and questionable talent not out there yet (Mims- Perine). 

Lets revisit after next week. Oline will take a good 4 games to gel. Our pass rush is scary bad ( Allen had gobs of time to look around). 

Next

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You geniuses have never gotten it right.  In fact, your impatience and pressure has hurt this team more than any head coach ever has.  Your begging and your revolving door of coaches and quarterbacks has led nowhere.  

SAR I

Yes, the fans are most certainly to blame for all of the Jets shortcomings over the years. But by all means, please waste more of your life defending the owners and worst HC in football over the last 5 seasons. It's a good look. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's not up to Joe D.  Gase reports to CJ.

Have you ever spoken back to a superior ??? I have.  A V.P. that had the power to dismiss me.  I did it in order to prevent a business disasters from occuring.  As a matter of fact, I have done it several times.  

Here is how Joe Douglas has to address CJ and WJ.

I'm being paid to be your GM and to build you a winning team.  You want to keep foundering ??? Now this is my problem too.  Up until now I have been respected by my peers and in the medial for the job I did.  Now your compulsion to cut your own throat is reflecting on me.  I'm not going to watch that happen.  Get the hell out of my way or get yourself a new GM.

22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What is the Bills offense?  Josh Allen running around is not exactly some genius-level strategy.  Is that what you want?  Some high-risk quarterback improvisation featuring fumbles, interceptions, incompletions, and the inevitable knee injury that ends the season?  That's where McDermott is headed.

The Gase offense?  You mean the Loggains offense, correct?  I'm not sure what it is, but what we do know is that no NFL offensive coordinator is going to look competent if his a) quarterback can't hit the side of a barn, b) his OL is having trouble containing a pass rush, and c) the RB is an over-the-hill bust.  A few weeks from now when Darnold wakes the **** up, the OL is gelled, Perine is back, and Mims is back, let's talk.

SAR I

SAR, the only hope that i'm holding onto is that usually whomever I want as HC ends up being a letdown so i'm trying to be hopeful that Gase will turn things around despite my preference he go (opposite theory). 

That said, he has a body of work of many years at this point. The positive from last year is he kept the team together when they could have easily gave up and collapsed down the stretch. But as far as offensive efficiency, what evidence (in the years of data he compiled) can you point to and convince people he's the answer? Keep in mind QBs like peyton manning don't grow on trees and to expect Darnold to morph into him is a bit unreasonable. 

You can tell me that it's Darnold's failing, not Gase's. Ok, but if the plan is to just wait until we have a QB with Peyton's brain/arm combo that can help Gase realize his genius gameplan, we'll be waiting for another 50 years. Gase will NOT last long enough to see this. My biggest issue is his stubbornness. He will not deviate from what he believes will eventually work assuming his personnel executes it perfectly. WE DO NOT HAVE THE PERSONNEL TO EXECUTE WHAT HE WANTS TO SEE. Therefore, wouldn't a prudent HC make some adjustments?

43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How are we a bad team? Didn't you guarantee the Jets would not only blow the Bills out week 1 but that we would win the division?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I blame anyone who was a member of the Jets' Fan Advisory Board.

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Been listening to all the sports media pundits this morning. 

Everyone... And I mean EVERYONE exclaiming the Jets as a total joke in every respect.

They all agree that Darnold has regressed and is showing signs of being very badly handled.

ALL pundits... and I mean ALL are pointing at Gase.  They are are not dancing around the issue.  They are clearly pointing at Gase.

Joe Douglas... DO YOUR JOB AND DO IT NOW...

FIRE ADAM GASE

It is NOT is Douglas hands. They are equals according to our retarded ownership and each reports directly to Christopher Johnson who clearly does not understand how to run an NFL franchise. 

@SAR I

I like your point on Jordan Palmer.  The one concerning thing to me is that Josh Allen is in that same program and he seems to be developing the mental aspect of the game while Sam is not.  

The inflection of his cadence is a perfect example.  Josh Allen is picking up the small nuances and Sam is not yet they train together 9 months out of the year.  Adam shouldn't have to tell Sam to do/recognize that.  Why do you think this is happening? 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Darnold spends more time sucking on the teet of Jordan Palmer than he does any member of the Jets coaching staff.  He's with us for 16 weeks.  He's with Jordan Palmer's Quarterback Whisper Factory 36 weeks.

The ignorant media who only know two Jets players by name and pay as much attention to us as we do the San Diego Padres will run to the click-producing Gase narrative because it's what the media does.  If you watched yesterday's game, you'd see that the D stunk up the joint more than the O did and if you're going to crush Gase you need to crush Williams and Darnold too.

What a brilliant idea, because a) we have so many qualified candidates in Florham Park and b) so many qualified head coaches are sitting at home just begging to lead a team known as NFL HC Siberia.

And before you go there, Gregg Williams screwed up yesterday worse than Gase did.  He's not the guy.

SAR I

The Padres are maybe the best young team in baseball. Any baseball fan with a clue pays them a lot of attention. Funny that you missed the mark so badly in two sports in one post.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

schtick season in full effect

22 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

It is NOT is Douglas hands. They are equals according to our retarded ownership and each reports directly to Christopher Johnson who clearly does not understand how to run an NFL franchise. 

75% of NFL teams are structured this way.  The teams that have the HC reporting to the GM tend to have exceptional GM’s with 10+ years of success and world championships. 

We have a rookie GM who has not earned the right to fire or hire a head coach.  And let me remind you that Adam Gase has shown more flashes of being a strong head coach than either Darnold has as a franchise quarterback or Douglas has as a GM.  

Stay off drugs.  Marijuana destroys brain cells.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1