Michael Thomas available for trade?

19 hours ago, Paradis said:

Pass. Can’t buy our way out of this hole. Skill positions need to be drafted largely. 

thomas’s hands are his best feature, but I don’t think he’s as good as people let on. 

Omgosh every day for the last since dawn of the internet you pine on these pages for a top receiver. You may get your wish for a well placed second and a bag of potato chips. At what point will it ever be enough?

2 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Why? Because if we traded for him and he was under contract and chose not to come, he wouldn’t get paid. 

Why would we be interested in a high profile player who doesn't want to be here? 

He'll come, catch 2 or 3 passes a game for 40 yards and complain. 

We shouldn't be going after anybody like Thomas until we learn how to use the player the correct way. Just my opinion.

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Why would we be interested in a high profile player who doesn't want to be here? 

He'll come, catch 2 or 3 passes a game for 40 yards and complain. 

We shouldn't be going after anybody like Thomas until we learn how to use the player the correct way. Just my opinion.

Perhaps to see what Darnold could do when he has options outside of Braxton Berrios. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Perhaps to see what Darnold could do when he has options outside of Braxton Berrios. 

They added Perriman, they have Mims back. They have Herndon. They had Bell.

The problem more than anything is the Head Coach doesn't know how to use the talent he does have. I have no doubt Michael Thomas would be no different. He'd come here and disappear. 

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

They added Perriman, they have Mims back. They have Herndon. They had Bell.

The problem more than anything is the Head Coach doesn't know how to use the talent he does have. I have no doubt Michael Thomas would be no different. He'd come here and disappear. 

Michael Thomas is literally the only real option in New Orleans and they’re a completely different team without him. And they have a champion quarterback who is going to be a first ballot hall of famer. 

7 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Michael Thomas is literally the only real option in New Orleans and they’re a completely different team without him. And they have a champion quarterback who is going to be a first ballot hall of famer. 

Michael Thomas is awesome. Adam Gase is terrible. That's the problem. Sean Payton knows what he's doing in New Orleans. 

2 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

Bring in Latrell Spreewell to coach him up!

Choking may be a bit extreme with Covid rules in place....a nice punch or even an insulting open handed slap would still send the message while maintaining some degree of social distancing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Can Greenbay afford him? That would be one hell of a set up. 

Pretty sure that anyone can afford him this year.  His cap hit is $7M for the season, but $6 of that is prorated signing bonus already paid by the Saints.  To acquire him, a team would only take on his base salary for the rest of this season, which is a percentage of his $1M base.  You would then have him for 4 more years at about $15M per year, which is a bargain for a guy like Thomas.

This is assuming that I understand cap/salary implications of a trade, which may or may not be a safe assumption.

4 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Jimmy graham was a hall of famer with drew brees throwing the ball to him and has been not so great everywhere else he has gone...I'd be cautious with this.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Graham also had a major knee injury right after leaving the Saints, I think that's more of his issue.  He lost a lot of his speed.  He's still effective in the red zone which is why he's still in the league but his explosiveness is gone.

6 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I actually feel the opposite, granted this trade in particular is going to cost quite a bit more than I believe he has planned. I think JD is going to be trading late round picks to teams looking to shed good players on bad contracts since it will be much harder to attract them via FA. 

Thomas is the perfect type of player we should be bringing in after the season. I'd trade Sam for him straight up or Sam and a 3rd, whatever gets it done. Would also be fine with Seattle's 1st but I think NO is going to be in on the Sam sweepstakes along with Pitt and Indy.

Great post. I hope that what you say is exactly what happens. I just haven’t seen those kinds of moves yet where we part with resources to add high-quality players. If anything, the Jets have been shedding their top-tier talent via trade, not buyers.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Omgosh every day for the last since dawn of the internet you pine on these pages for a top receiver. You may get your wish for a well placed second and a bag of potato chips. At what point will it ever be enough?

When we draft the mf’er

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Pretty sure that anyone can afford him this year.  His cap hit is $7M for the season, but $6 of that is prorated signing bonus already paid by the Saints.  To acquire him, a team would only take on his base salary for the rest of this season, which is a percentage of his $1M base.  You would then have him for 4 more years at about $15M per year, which is a bargain for a guy like Thomas.

This is assuming that I understand cap/salary implications of a trade, which may or may not be a safe assumption.

Damn. Yea Greenbay could easily do that. 

Michael Thomas' Camp Trying To Get Teams To Offer Saints Trade

OCT 26, 2020 11:33 AM

Thomas_Michael_nos_180814.jpg

The camp of Michael Thomas has tried to get another team to make a trade offer to the New Orleans Saints before the Nov. 3 deadline.

Thomas has played in just one game this season.

The Saints would absorb a $20 million cap charge if Thomas is traded. Thomas signed a five-year, $100 million contract extension with the Saints in 2019.

On 10/24/2020 at 12:47 PM, CanadaSteve said:

OR....

We stop doing things this way....you know, the way that has never worked for this team.

and wait until next year to draft more receivers.

Trading for the likes of Percy Harvin and passing on prime WR draft prospects for run stuffing D-lineman and Safeties is what this team does, which has never worked. 

Trading for the best WR in the league, in his prime, while we have an extra 1st round pick is EXACTLY what this team NEVER does ?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Michael Thomas' Camp Trying To Get Teams To Offer Saints Trade

OCT 26, 2020 11:33 AM

Thomas_Michael_nos_180814.jpg

The camp of Michael Thomas has tried to get another team to make a trade offer to the New Orleans Saints before the Nov. 3 deadline.

Thomas has played in just one game this season.

The Saints would absorb a $20 million cap charge if Thomas is traded. Thomas signed a five-year, $100 million contract extension with the Saints in 2019.

I’d give up Seattle’s 1 and shelve him for the year to ensure we don’t win any games this year. Come back well rested next year and let’s see that Lawrence——->Thomas connection

• Upvote 1

On 10/25/2020 at 1:33 PM, jetstream23 said:

Great post. I hope that what you say is exactly what happens. I just haven’t seen those kinds of moves yet where we part with resources to add high-quality players. If anything, the Jets have been shedding their top-tier talent via trade, not buyers.

right,,Until Jets get Greg Roman in here and we look professional again, we need ot trade for decent players cause they aint coming via Free Agency until we are respected as a real team with Roman (hopefully)

On 10/25/2020 at 4:54 PM, Lizard King said:

Nah yo didn’t you hear Sam missed a wide open Josh Malone while he had 5 defenders draped on him in the backfield during the bulls game 

no way do the jets sign him nor should they-he is a cancer with brees and kamara what  do you think he would be like with sam or a rookie

I think JD has done a terrible job and blasted him for having no  talent on the team but thomas is not the answer-you know who would be a nice wr for the jets robby freaking anderson  and we had him here and were passive when it came time to pay him

On 10/24/2020 at 11:59 AM, Fantasy Island said:

He hasn't been out of football on a couch, therefore Bozo Joe won't even make a call.

He hasn't?  He's played like 3 quarters on week 1.  He went out with a high ankle sprain.  Despite them claiming he was week to week he didn't start practicing until like week 6.  He punched a teammate, got suspended for a game and then had a "grade 1 hamstring strain"  which will keep him out this week.  He has played less than half the snaps of Jeff Smith, basically the same as Jeff Malone. 

I would stay far away from this guy.  We are not a team looking for a piece to put us over the top.  We are looking for guys that will be here for the long haul.  It's like having to give up a draft pick for Antonio Brown and he is carrying a huge contract.

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He hasn't?  He's played like 3 quarters on week 1.  He went out with a high ankle sprain.  Despite them claiming he was week to week he didn't start practicing until like week 6.  He punched a teammate, got suspended for a game and then had a "grade 1 hamstring strain"  which will keep him out this week.  He has played less than half the snaps of Jeff Smith, basically the same as Jeff Malone. 

I would stay far away from this guy.  We are not a team looking for a piece to put us over the top.  We are looking for guys that will be here for the long haul.  It's like having to give up a draft pick for Antonio Brown and he is carrying a huge contract.

Our GM not trying to make team better.  Our HC is a liability.  The house is on fire and we are looking for matches.