Which 2020 1st round pick has been most disappointing thus far (& which player did you want)?

To me the most over hyped player heading into the draft compared to most disappointing thus far has been Isaiah Simmons (drafted 8th overall to Arizona). 

So far he's only recorded throughout 8 games 16 tackles, 2 passes defended, 1 INT, 0 sacks, 0 QB hits, 0 Fumbles Forced, 0 Fumble Recoveries and 0 tackles for loss (can't imagine Arizona's fan base being happy about his production thus far). 

I'm absolutely in love with Becton (when on the field) and I don't think that I'd trade him for the world because he's giving me hope that if we're to draft Trevor Lawrence, that Trevor Lawrence himself will already have a monster Franchise LT in Breton already in place; in order to protect his blindside for many of years to come. 

With that said the player who i wanted most heading into our draft was without question, Jerry Jeudy. 

Thus far throughout 8 games he's recorded 30 receptions for 484 receiving yards and 2 TD receptions (and coming off a 7 receptions, 125 receiving yards and 1 TD performance last week @ Atlanta). 

Just curious to see the thoughts of fellow NYJ fans here on JN on some of these 2020 draft topics of discussion (something different). 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

I liked lamb and Tee Higgins more than Jeudy believe it or not. Was not so high on Claypool...oops. 

Yes. You can already tell that Joe Burrow absolutely loves Tee Higgins.

and Ben Roethlisberger is making his duo of JuJu/Claypool into one of the most dynamic WR duo's within the league you've gotta be in absolute awe the way Clayoool uses his 6'4/238lbs frame. It's poetry in motion. 

I think Kyle Pitts @ 6'6/239lbs is the next Claypool 2.0 but on steroids I'm in awe of that kid as an NCAA TE and features all the tools and has the skills to play WR on the outside as well (I really want Seattle to fall into the 17-20 range in order to have an outside shot of pairing Lawrence with Pitts). 

I think if Jeudy/Lamb had better QB's as of right now they'd be dominating their 2020 WR class (Ruggs I never liked and never wanted and still don't). 

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Andrew Thomas and Andrew Thomas.

Yes. He looked awful early on, he looked like a trainwreck but believe it or not; he's turned his rookie campaign around over the past two games and has started to play as advertised coming out of Georgia and the SEC. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gmenhq.com/2020/11/12/ny-giants-andrew-thomas-improving/amp/

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

K'vlon chaisson has not done much.  1 sack , 9 tackles.

Thomas has been bad which flabbergasted me.

Yea I never cared for K'Lavon Chaisson coming out as an NFL prospect. Ever since Vernon Gholston I've always been leary of NCAA pass rushers who sky rocketed up the NFL draft boards due to 1 really good year @ college. 

All I know is that this kid really better work out for Jacksonville (for his sake) because they just drafted him with the same exact pick that they received in return for my FSU kid Jalen Ramsey (still only 26 years of age); big shoes to fill. 

• Upvote 1

Wanted Becton & was happy he made it to 11. Let's face it, taking Olineman isn't exciting in the draft but Dbrick/Mangold was the lead to 2009/2010. 

Thats why I'm dreaming of landing Trevor Lawrence at #1, trading Sam for a late/mid #1, drafting Creed Humphrey with our 2nd #1. 

Joe had already signed Thuney in free agency, Trevor has this line to play behind in his 1st year in the NFL- Becton-Thuney-Humphrey-McGovern-Fant. JD uses another 3rd rounder for a stud guard that falls, so we have Fant who can play RT or LT, McGovern playing RG but can play Center if needed, Clark, VR, Rookie back ups for depth! That's a damn good line. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes. You can already tell that Joe Burrow absolutely loves Tee Higgins.

and Ben Roethlisberger is making his duo of JuJu/Claypool into one of the most dynamic WR duo's within the league you've gotta be in absolute awe the way Clayoool uses his 6'4/238lbs frame. It's poetry in motion. 

I think Kyle Pitts @ 6'6/239lbs is the next Claypool 2.0 but on steroids I'm in awe of that kid as an NCAA TE and features all the tools and has the skills to play WR on the outside as well (I really want Seattle to fall into the 17-20 range in order to have an outside shot of pairing Lawrence with Pitts). 

I think if Jeudy/Lamb had better QB's as of right now they'd be dominating their 2020 WR class (Ruggs I never liked and never wanted and still don't). 

I have been checking out Kyle Pitts recently as well. As much as WR is the position most people agree that we need, I am really liking the idea of grabbing a guy like Pitts if he is available.  WR type of production in the passing game with the added bonus of adding a legit blocker. 

I didn't want Ruggs either, but we have to give him some time. He has been injured which is why his production isn't what it could be. The Raiders are folding him in nicely and he will have a solid impact. 

Still, I like the way JD has gone in his first wave of WR's. Everyone is 6'2" or above and has speed.  Finally a GM that values size at the WR position. I could see another young slot type of guy being brought in to sit behind Crowder for a season once the big body types are in place. Mims is a keeper. Perriman, probably not due to his injury history. Unless he's 3rd or 4th on the depth chart maybe. 

Kyle Pitts with Mims and Crowder would be a pretty nice start for a young QB. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Wanted Becton & was happy he made it to 11. Let's face it, taking Olineman isn't exciting in the draft but Dbrick/Mangold was the lead to 2009/2010. 

Thats why I'm dreaming of landing Trevor Lawrence at #1, trading Sam for a late/mid #1, drafting Creed Humphrey with our 2nd #1. 

Joe had already signed Thuney in free agency, Trevor has this line to play behind in his 1st year in the NFL- Becton-Thuney-Humphrey-McGovern-Fant. JD uses another 3rd rounder for a stud guard that falls, so we have Fant who can play RT or LT, McGovern playing RG but can play Center if needed, Clark, VR, Rookie back ups for depth! That's a damn good line. 

Id sign up for this. I'm beginning to dream of a dynamic TE like Pitts with that 2nd 1st but if our draft and FA fell this way, I'd be ecstatic. 

9 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

I liked lamb and Tee Higgins more than Jeudy believe it or not. Was not so high on Claypool...oops. 

I would very much like to see evidence that you were pulling for Tee Higgins above Jerry Jeudy. 

"Show me the receipts" as they say. 

8 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Andrew Thomas and Andrew Thomas.

+1. 

I try not to overrate prospects who come out of Georgia, but I can't help but think I did that with Thomas.  I guess when I watch a guy every Saturday its easy to want him more than other guys I have seen less of.  

Just now, Lith said:

+1. 

I try not to overrate prospects who come out of Georgia, but I can't help but think I did that with Thomas.  I guess when I watch a guy every Saturday its easy to want him more than other guys I have seen less of.  

Moving forward, the draft label “most pro ready” is going to be a huge red flag for me. 

• Upvote 3

I was hoping for one of the top 3 OL prospects. I didn't consider Becton to be plug and play? I thought he'd need some time to develop. I was a little surprised when Douglas took Becton at 11. However, Becton was very much plug and play and dare I say easily as impressive as all the OL taken in the last draft? Very happy with the Becton selection. A good, solid choice....

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Isaiah Simmons, in 115 snaps: 1 INT, 2 PD.

Jamal Adams, in 271 snaps: zero INTs, 1 PD.

So far you're the only person who has been correct about the person they're associated with on this forum:

You called out Jamal early on. (He hasn't been a difference maker, at least so far).

SAR praised Adam Gase (he couldn't have been more wrong).

Villain The Foe wanted Mike Glennon to be the starter (he's more of a career backup)

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Moving forward, the draft label “most pro ready” is going to be a huge red flag for me. 

Yup.  Always assumed most pro ready meant lowest ceiling.  But in Thomas' case he seems to have a low floor. 

Someone should compile a dictionary of what draft labels really mean.  "High motor guy" is usually a core special teamer.  "High football IQ" is limited athletically, a career back up. 

And if a guy labels himself "Prez" it means take the QB instead.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

+1. 

Don;t think this was a georgia bias on your part, a lot of people liked him and had him rated as the cleanest if not the best ot in the draft.