Preferred direction of the franchise going forward?

Preferred direction of the franchise going forward?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Bring in Harbaugh, keep Darnold, build a dominant rushing attack and a good defense (1980's football)
    • Draft Fields, jettison Sam, bring in Daboll or Greg Roman as HC, shift offense towards read-option/running quarterback (embrace modernity)
    • Take a chance on Joe Brady as HC, roll with Darnold another year, prioritize receivers and offensive line in FA & the draft, and see if there's anything to salvage with with #14 (I'm talking throw 'Tannenbaum money' at Allen Robinson, Joe Thuney and draft Jamar Chase or DeVonta Smith early)
    • Other; elaborate below

3 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

If you bring in Harbaugh, that's not the way the rest of the plan looks.

That's my impression of his style of team.

That's what he did @ San Fran, and all of his Michigan teams seemed to have stout defenses, lackluster quarterback play and an offense that tried really hard to mask the latter (run heavy, trickery).

But there are plenty who know more than me on that subject and I'm willing to listen to more informed opinions. What's your view of how he builds his teams? 

Hire 1 of - Joe Brady, Arthur Smith or Daboll

Free agency- make IOL and WR a priority (Thuney/Scherff) and sign one of Golladay/Robinson or Godwin. Target a corner or edge in free agency as well. 

Draft- #2 Sewell, #27 Wyatt Davis, #33 Etienne/Harris or Freiermuth. I’m not too knowledgeable on prospects so I won’t embarrass myself by going further in the draft lol but the outcome is solid

OL-Becton Davis McGovern Scherff and Sewell

WRs- Robinson/Mims/Crowder/Berrios/late pick

rbs- Harris/Perine/Ty Johnson

If Sam can’t improve with this then he doesn’t belong anywhere near a football field. 

• Upvote 2

Not sure about coach yet but as I stated in another thread of Tomlin or Pederson shake free they immediately go to my top choice

As for QB, definitely not taking one with the 2 pick, if there is a trade back available and a qb falls then maybe if not I go with Darnold, Morgan and a guy like Winston or Dalton ( a former starter who’s not to old that has something to prove ) let them battle it out 

I’d keep adding pieces of need at the draft. Let it come to you unless you are completely in love with a certain player 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Hire 1 of - Joe Brady, Arthur Smith or Daboll

Free agency- make IOL and WR a priority (Thuney/Scherff) and sign one of Golladay/Robinson or Godwin. Target a corner or edge in free agency as well. 

Draft- #2 Sewell, #27 Wyatt Davis, #33 Etienne/Harris or Freiermuth. I’m not too knowledgeable on prospects so I won’t embarrass myself by going further in the draft lol but the outcome is solid

OL-Becton Davis McGovern Scherff and Sewell

WRs- Robinson/Mims/Crowder/Berrios/late pick

rbs- Harris/Perine/Ty Johnson

If Sam can’t improve with this then he doesn’t belong anywhere near a football field. 

Sam doesn't belong as a starter. It is proven beyond reasonable doubt. JD has already shown he has no interest in investing around Darnold. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Sam already doesn't belong as a starter. It is proven beyond reasonable doubt. JD has already shown he has no interest in investing around Darnold. 

Oh Im with ya there man I just don’t know if one of the other QBs is worth picking that high! Figuree this way if Sam sucks it up again in ‘21 we’ll have a nice Oline and WR room waiting for whoever’s next 

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

Oh Im with ya there man I just don’t know if one of the other QBs is worth picking that high! Figuree this way if Sam sucks it up again in ‘21 we’ll have a nice Oline and WR room waiting for whoever’s next 

If Jets want to dump the lemon on an unsuspecting buyer, this off season is the last chance to unload Darnold.

I would 100% rather roll with Minshew or Fitzpatrick next year. Not kidding.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Not sure about coach yet but as I stated in another thread of Tomlin or Pederson shake free they immediately go to my top choice

As for QB, definitely not taking one with the 2 pick, if there is a trade back available and a qb falls then maybe if not I go with Darnold, Morgan and a guy like Winston or Dalton ( a former starter who’s not to old that has something to prove ) let them battle it out 

I’d keep adding pieces of need at the draft. Let it come to you unless you are completely in love with a certain player 

Not a terrible idea.  This roster sucks like spoiled eggs. Giddy up the talent and then find a  prospect QB in a few years when its well rounded.  We aint winning nothing right now anyways.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

If Jets want to dump the lemon on an unsuspecting buyer, this off season is the last chance to unload Darnold.

I would 100% rather roll with Minshew or Fitzpatrick next year. Not kidding.

Yeah that’s true we won’t be able to move him after this year. Joe D is in one h ell of a tough spot if we end up drafting #2

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Yeah that’s true we won’t be able to move him after this year. Joe D is in one h ell of a tough spot if we end up drafting #2

I'll be so disappointed if Jags get #1. Not only for the implications to the Jets but also I really wanted them to draft Fields and unload Minshew and have it bite them square in the ass.

I’d prefer they fold the whole franchise, but since that won’t happen, they should just do what I suggested the other day: fully embrace who they are, and go full “Jets”.

Marvin Lewis - Head Coach 

Hue Jackson - Offensive Coordinator

Mike Nolan - Defensive Coordinator

2nd overall pick:  Justin Fields, Trey Lance, Zach Wilson, or any other QB prospect undeserving of the draft slot.

Seattle pick: Jevon Holland.  We need another Safety.

Free Agents:  Breshad Perriman and Corey Davis.  All other players took offers from somewhere else.  Mostly to Jacksonville, who was able to land Matt Campbell and Trevor Lawrence.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Yeah that’s true we won’t be able to move him(Sam) after this year. Joe D is in one h ell of a tough spot if we end up drafting #2

The bold is the most salient point of this offseason.  Another key factor is how much total control the JBros cede to JD (in JD I trust).  Go Jets!   

Do nothing.

Without Lawrence, the Jets have no upgrade at franchise quarterback and no ability to upgrade at head coach.

So we give Sam and Adam another year together, but this time with a new OC, a great OL, and a great assortment of offensive playmakers and see what that looks like.

Best case, we didn't blow the 2018 draft and found a great head coach, we are back on track, it's as if 2020 never happened.

Worst case, we have another weak season and are in position to find a better QB than Fields and attract a good head coach with another strong JD draft to show for it.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Do nothing.

Without Lawrence, the Jets have no upgrade at franchise quarterback and no ability to upgrade at head coach.

So we give Sam and Adam another year together, but this time with a new OC, a great OL, and a great assortment of offensive playmakers and see what that looks like.

Best case, we didn't blow the 2018 draft and found a great head coach, we are back on track.

Worst case, we have another weak season and are in position to find a better QB than Fields and attract a good head coach.

SAR I

Punchintheface Facepalm GIF - Punchintheface Facepalm GIFs

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Isn’t there a NASCAR race or alligator fight you’d prefer to be posting about? ;)

I can multi-task.

As I'm typing here, I'm also watching a livestream on the new underground sport that's about to take the country by storm.

"Gator Racing Fight Club"*

*official name not settled upon yet

• Haha 1