******Official Jets vs Pats gameday Hey Adam dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya thread***** (merged)

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Is it possible that Darnold is worse than Sanchez? 

Yes, much in the same way that some forms of diarrhea are worse than others.

The difference is you took a nasty Sam while already passed out in some back alley somewhere, but squeezed out a slightly less volatile Sanchez while interviewing for a multi-million dollar paying dream job.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, ausman said:

Not germane to this game, but no way any NFC East team should be in the playoffs.  I’d favor a rule change that requires at least a .500 record for a division champ to qualify.  Leaving 10-6 teams out and letting a 6-10 or 7-9 in is a joke.

Agreed. They should instead give the spot to the next best record in the entire league. Do recall the Seahawks once getting in at 7-9 and a few 8-8 teams too. The Jets did so losing a wildcard game to the Oilers the year Buddy Ryan popped Kevin Gilbride on the Oilers sideline at halftime. 

i always delight in jet fans having so much fun making fun of one of their players; they best part is that most of these fans spent an entire season chanting 'suck for sam'.

Yep, bad throw - it completely sucked - but it seems Sam throwing an INT makes fans happier than him throwing a TD or winning a game - sigh.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, QB1 said:

Big Sam guy but I’m ready to move on. Watching this kid is exhausting. 

Better for both parties. I wasn’t huge on Sam coming out, but once we selected him I was all in. He’s a good kid and has talent, it just didn’t work for multiple reasons. He’ll find success elsewhere. I’m still a big proponent of drafting a QB and keeping Sam for at least 1 more year. Compete, and at very worst you have a capable backup. 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Agreed. They should instead give the spot to the next best record in the entire league. Do recall the Seahawks once getting in at 7-9 and a few 8-8 teams too. The Jets did so losing a wildcard game to the Oilers the year Buddy Ryan popped Kevin Gilbride on the Oilers sideline at halftime. 

It would have to be from the same conference as the team that can't make it in, no? Or else the playoff format is a bit weird with AFC and NFC teams facing off before the Super Bowl. How would that work?