******Official Jets vs Pats gameday Hey Adam dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya thread***** (merged)

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

At this point with Mayfield, Allen, and Jackson all on their way to the playoffs the best we can say is “At least we didn’t draft Rosen”. 

At least the Cardinals were only hitched to him for a season, then got their guy.

Just now, Larz said:

That was a fields like throw 

Even if it was, at least I don’t expect perfection and mistakes will happen, but difference for me is that there isn’t enough pros from him in a game....ever....to outweigh his cons/mistakes. 

he needs to regroup and relearn the game in another/different system like Pittsburgh before he should play again imo. If he did that he’ll probably never be an elite level QB but he could be solid imo. I’ve said this other times but Darnold upside career wise at this point is Rich Gannon imo

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So you will be fine with the next Qb being brought int to have the same oline?

Clearly it won’t be the same line. And yes, those QBs can feel the pressure and are faster. Where were all the ‘our line sucks people’ when they manhandled the top D in the league? 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Jets defense the last 2 drives has been pathetic. 

Not good, but how do you come back again and again from the QB and offense crapping themselves over and over. That has to be really disheartening. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Even if it was, at least I don’t expect perfection and mistakes will happen, but difference for me is that there isn’t enough pros from him in a game....ever....to outweigh his cons/mistakes. 

he needs to regroup and relearn the game in another/different system like Pittsburgh before he should play again imo. If he did that he’ll probably never be an elite level QB but he could be solid imo. I’ve said this other times but Darnold upside career wise at this point is Rich Gannon imo

Rich Gannon had a lot more fight in him. Darnold will be doing sideline commentary for the Pac-10 Network in three years, with $30 mil in the bank.

• Upvote 3