Jamal dealing with multiple injuries

Rhg1084

12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Are you alluding we should pursue Jamal Adams and give him a 2 year - 4 million dollar contract? If so, I’m on board. 

In all honesty, I still cannot believe the amount of picks we got for him. 

It is quite wild. Early on it seemed like at best we would get the 29th pick but now it is no worse than 24th, plus 5 picks better in the 3rd too. Teams are figuring out Wilson and who knows? Maybe they don't even make the playoffs. If Wilson were to get injured it could be a Top 5 pick.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Seattle gets multiple surgeries and we get multiple picks. 

he said he did t have range of motion on his tackles but didn’t want to use that as an excuse...by brining it up you try to use it as an excuse. 

good riddance. 

Fair. 

However they also got 12 wins and a playoff trip. We got 2 wins and a lot of self hate 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

almost like the situation Gettleman has been in.

Serious question - Who would you rather have for $18 million per year, Leo Williams or Jamal Adams?

Pretty crazy, but I think the answer might be Leo. He's not a liability due to playing out of position and was stout in all of his roles albeit unspectacular.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

I’ve always felt Seattle made this trade out  of desperation.  They also bought into the media hype that Adams was a elite player who was being held back by The Jets.  They Took a gamble and figured both firsts would be in the 29-32 range.  I know they were 12-4 this year but they honestly weren’t that impressive and are now going home early.  All of a sudden that picks is in the early 20’s and next years pick looks gloomy for them too.  Plus now they how figure out how to pay this guy they are stuck with And who clearly isnt an elite player who won’t help them get to the super bowl like they thought 

It wasn't out of desperation Carrol is a DB coach and loves safties and secondary players....they def bought into the hype tho as do most people.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

It is quite wild. Early on it seemed like at best we would get the 29th pick but now it is no worse than 24th, plus 5 picks better in the 3rd too. Teams are figuring out Wilson and who knows? Maybe they don't even make the playoffs. If Wilson were to get injured it could be a Top 5 pick.

Eh, I doubt Wilson has finally been figured out after 8-9 years in the league lol. It was just an off game by him, it happens. Luckliy, it benefited us since we have Seattle's 1st round pick upcoming. 

2 hours ago, Pac said:

He'll be the highest paid safety in the league soon..  I know you guys are excited but get real.

Very very happy with this, if they have to over pay a non  factor next year then they have to dump someone good, better chance for a better 1st next year.

5 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yeah and that's part of the reason the trade was a steal.

I won't be a steal until we see what JD does with the picks.  If he gets 2 above average starters out of the 3 picks then it's a good trade.  If he drafts a couple average players or busts then he traded a perennial all pro for an underwhelming return.

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Eh, I doubt Wilson has finally been figured out after 8-9 years in the league lol. It was just an off game by him, it happens. Luckliy, it benefited us since we have Seattle's 1st round pick upcoming. 

Seattles offense was poor about the last 6 games at least as was wilson.  I know i had him in FF

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

I won't be a steal until we see what JD does with the picks.  If he gets 2 above average starters out of the 3 picks then it's a good trade.  If he drafts a couple average players or busts then he traded a perennial all pro for an underwhelming return.

This is true....also the players he chooses to invest the money he would have spent on Adams.....in totality were talking about 5 players...I'll take my chances building that way rather then paying a safety over 20 mil.

• Sympathy 1