Mock with Deshaun Watson trade.

1 minute ago, JXN_JET said:

I dont see Sam Darnold being a big part of this trade. If the Texans trade for our number 2, its going to be used for a QB. We'll end up having to trade him ourselves. 

i agree.  i actually think if we trade Sam it'll get us another 2nd, which would be beneficial.  trade 2 and 23 and next years 1 for Watson, move Sam for a 2 and 5.

23 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This would be the no brainer of all no brainer.

Jeeze in this we still have a first rounder this year and next year and Watson.  Going to cost more than that, simply because many other teams can pony up that haul.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Jeeze in this we still have a first rounder this year and next year and Watson.  Going to cost more than that, simply because many other teams can pony up that haul.

Other teams don’t  have the #2 overall pick and Darnold.

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

No, but they have plenty of picks to give.  Certainly an NFC team will be in the mix.  

Just no way you get away with 2 firsts and a second.  I don't care how high the first pick is.  Jamal went for two 1st and a 3rd..

That would be amazing if they pulled off something like that - would easily be the best trade in the history of the Jets.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JXN_JET said:

I dont see Sam Darnold being a big part of this trade. If the Texans trade for our number 2, its going to be used for a QB. We'll end up having to trade him ourselves. 

Honestly I think if we give them the #2, they will trade it for even more picks. Especially if they have Darnold. They could essentially turn Watson into 6 1st Round/2nd round picks when it’s all said and done. 

it also would be very Patriots like for Caserio to do that. 

I'm not sure I like this mock after the trade. 

One of Watson's key gripes with Houston is losing all his playmakers...so we're going to convince Watson to waive his no trade clause because things will be different here....then we don't go offensive skill position until the 4th round in this mock?

54 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No because they don’t have the #2 pick. And next year’s 1st will more than likely be top 15. 

43 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No, but they have plenty of picks to give.  Certainly an NFC team will be in the mix.  

Just no way you get away with 2 firsts and a second.  I don't care how high the first pick is.  Jamal went for two 1st and a 3rd..

That would be amazing if they pulled off something like that - would easily be the best trade in the history of the Jets.

Jamal’s worth is around 1800. The #2 alone is worth 2600. That #2 alone is gold.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If they have their eye on replacing him with a QB in this draft, I don't  think they want to go with a late first round. Sam is nothing more than asset that they can trade later. I doubt they would take Sam and sign him to a new contract with the ability to take a QB. Kind of doubt we do it either. 

Finally a trade that's grounded in reality. I would get behind it since it allows us to still build through the draft with blitz boi's picks.

I swear some of these mock Deshaun trades (by Jets fans no less) have us giving up like 3 1sts, 3 2nds, Darnold, and a 4th.

Would be a complete disaster to mortgage the future like that. It goes against JD's philosophy in every way so dont think we have to worry about it. 

56 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Agreed.  Having the #2 pick means we can outbid just about anyone.  I woul dthink Miami and Atlanta would be our top competition, since they both bhave top 5 picks to offer.  If Houston's intent is to draft a QB this year, I don't see them accepting anything out of the top 5.

We also could have some leverage since it appears that Watson wants to be here.  If he is not willing to waive his no-trade for other teams, he can force his way to the Jets.  I would expect that he would be willing to wiave the no-trade for the Phins as well, who are closer to winning than we are, but who knows what he thinks of other teams.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

My criteria for a trade is that it has to hurt for the team getting the superstar in return. This scenario doesn't hurt. This would be a steal for the Jets. This deal is a non-starter without another first round pick. 

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

My criteria for a trade is that it has to hurt for the team getting the superstar in return. This scenario doesn't hurt. This would be a steal for the Jets. This deal is a non-starter without another first round pick. 

I agree but if we added another first, I think we would need to get something back besides Watson. Maybe Darren Fells. 

31 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I agree but if we added another first, I think we would need to get something back besides Watson. Maybe Darren Fells. 

Someone else brought up a good point that Jets could also get a player with a bad contract from Texans to give them some cap relief as part of any deal.

• Upvote 1

the trade seems okay if darnold is deemed to be not good enough.  the thing is saleh didn't say that at all during the presser and any comments he made about game planning don't indicate that darnold had hogan, perriman, and berrios as his primary receivers and the back field was gore, malone, ballage and perine.  plus darnold seems like he might be a good fit for the shanahan type system the jets are expected to run.  another point is once the jets start making a move for watson (or any other top flight qb) darnold's value becomes diminished.  i mean who would trade for a guy who's going to be cut or is being replaced because he's not good enough.  i get the part about the mocjk trade including darnold and this is good.

24 minutes ago, jgb said:

Someone else brought up a good point that Jets could also get a player with a bad contract from Texans to give them some cap relief as part of any deal.

JJ Watt probably wants out, and would save $17.5M if traded/cut (with no dead money involved).  I'd take him off their hands in a heartbeat.  Though I'm sure there would be outright fan mutiny if the Texans traded Watson and Watt on the same day.

Other options:  Whitney Mercilus, who turns 31 in July.  $7.5M in savings with a $4.5M dead cap hit.  David Johnson is another; he'd save them $8.8M in a trade.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

JJ Watt probably wants out, and would save $17.5M if traded/cut (with no dead money involved).  I'd take him off their hands in a heartbeat.  Though I'm sure there would be outright fan mutiny if the Texans traded Watson and Watt on the same day.

Other options:  Whitney Mercilus, who turns 31 in July.  $7.5M in savings with a $4.5M dead cap hit.  David Johnson is another; he'd save them $8.8M in a trade.

Watt and Watson for 

Darnold and a Draft pick

It makes so much sense. Things line up nicely. A lot of people are saying this is going to happen. A lot of good people are saying this. There are good people on both sides of this proposed trade.

• Haha 1