2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

Best part of all this Deshaun Watson crap is that he is now definitely either getting traded (or they could go and destroy his career aka Ford's with Sanders). But I will stick with the positive and think that now its just a matter of how much JD is going to offer with #2 overall to get him.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Best part of all this Deshaun Watson crap is that he is now definitely either getting traded (or they could go and destroy his career aka Ford's with Sanders). But I will stick with the positive and think that now its just a matter of how much JD is going to offer with #2 overall to get him.  

Probably going to increase the cost slightly since now many teams know its for real over between Texans and Watson.  So more teams will make offers.

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 2

4 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Ya this bad breakup at least provides some clarity 

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

What kind of mental gymnastics are you doing here? 

Every team already knew it was over. The only thing this potentially does is drive down the asking price. 

Did you mis-read what I wrote? This opens it up to a bidding war... Its over between the Texans and Watson for real... Now a bidding war will ensue for a top 5 QB in the league... Texans aren't going to cut him... they will just sit on his rights for the next few years. This is scorched Earth... now it will come down to the best offer.  Before there was no clarity to whether Watson would actually sit out or if Texans would trade him... Now its clear, come get him.

There is no way the price got cheaper

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Even if the Texans decided to change their stance and make him available, I doubt a trade would happen before it gets sorted out (unless its complete and utter BS). Given the environment we're in, I don't know if a team would risk all that it would take to get Deshaun if there was a chance pictures, video, or other unsavory details could get leaked. 

Personally, I think this is the case of jilted (yet powerful) fans banding together to try and tarnish Deshaun's reputation because they feel insulted by his stance, but now that it's come to light unfortunately it'll have to be investigated prior to reaching its conclusion. 

I find it unlikely that Houston was trading Deshaun either way, and the Tyrod Taylor contract structure was more a nod to the possibility that Deshaun could consider sitting out than it was an indication they would trade him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Did you mis-read what I wrote? This opens it up to a bidding war... Its over between the Texans and Watson for real... Now a bidding war will ensue for a top 5 QB in the league... Texans aren't going to cut him... they will just sit on his rights for the next few years. This is scorched Earth... now it will come down to the best offer.  Before there was no clarity to whether Watson would actually sit out or if Texans would trade him... Now its clear, come get him.

There is no way the price got cheaper

The same teams that were gunning for him before this are the same teams still gunning for him.

There was plenty of clarity before this. 

This is just an opportunity for the teams with offers in to start removing assets from their packages until the Texans freak out and budge before it gets any worse. 

Just now, football guy said:

Even if the Texans decided to change their stance and make him available, I doubt a trade would happen before it gets sorted out (unless its complete and utter BS). Given the environment we're in, I don't know if a team would risk all that it would take to get Deshaun if there was a chance pictures, video, or other unsavory details could get leaked. 

Personally, I think this is the case of jilted (yet powerful) fans banding together to try and tarnish Deshaun's reputation because they feel insulted by his stance, but now that it's come to light unfortunately it'll have to be investigated prior to reaching its conclusion. 

I find it unlikely that Houston was trading Deshaun either way, and the Tyrod Taylor contract structure was more a nod to the possibility that Deshaun could consider sitting out than it was an indication they would trade him. 

I respectfully disagree... All the teams are going to go full court press on this now. Even if it is 'true' the allegations are that he took a massage too far... Every team in the NFL can find out the legitimacy of this claim in less then 24 hours, no matter how long it goes for in court. The official trade may not happen till this goes away (and it will). (Just to be clear, I 100% think this is a convenient hit piece by a powerful attorney that feels betrayed by a player wanting out.  Furthermore I think this smells of Easterby)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

The same teams that were gunning for him before this are the same teams still gunning for him.

There was plenty of clarity before this. 

This is just an opportunity for the teams with offers in to start removing assets from their packages until the Texans freak out and budge before it gets any worse. 

I disagree.  There was no clarity in how long this fight would go on for. Now its obvious that Watson will not be a Texan. Texans and/or Watson could have easily took this into the season or more... Now its going to be over sooner than later

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

robert kraft fan GIF by Boston Celtics

He’ll be a Patriot in 2 hours.

Thats what I am afraid of. This hit piece comes after mass media talks about how patriots can still fit Watson on their books and Casserly is still close with Belichick and now the Texans fan base won't be mad if the compensation is lower then their expectations.

Very convenient 

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Thats what I am afraid of. This hit piece comes after mass media talks about how patriots can still fit Watson on their books and Casserly is still close with Belichick and now the Texans fan base won't be mad if the compensation is lower then their expectations.

This is all getting super conspiracy but trust me I’m on board and I’m drinking the kool-aid 

8 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Very convenient 

So the Patriots orchestrated a Watson-massage scandal so they could get Watson from the Texans on the cheap? And Charlie Casserly was behind the whole thing? Diabolical. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Barton said:

Doesnt seem like the Jets are even sniffing these centers or offensive tackles in free agency. I never thought Sewell would be the pick but now I'm even more sure. Jets seem content with Fant. 

I mean if they had Sewell pencilled in then they wouldn’t entertain signing a tackle.

Not that we’re getting him, we’re drafting Wilson but I don’t think our free agency says anything.

It’s concerning that we didn’t even enquire for Linsley, not sure what McGovern has done to inspire such confidence. The interior of that line isn’t getting the attention it needs. Almost guaranteed to he a major problem this season.