2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

The Jets have been searching for an edge rusher for 15 years. Is this the year they finally land one … or two?

Free agency begins at noon Monday when the negotiating window between teams and agents open. Jets general manager Joe Douglas is expected to target edge rusher as the team sees an opportunity with $69 million in salary cap space and a free-agent market at a position that is stronger than usual.

image.thumb.png.7c6b7fef23c3b6b14d57a9858a2ab72f.png

14 minutes ago, football guy said:

Jets have been linked to nearly every FA wide receiver and I think for good reason: the Jets are going to let the market dictate who they go for. I think the coaches and execs kind of rank these guys differently and have different preferences, so it kind of makes it hard to peg who they value much higher than someone else. For instance, Douglas is higher on JuJu whereas the coaching staff is higher on Curtis Samuel... it should be intriguing to monitor who wins out if it becomes an "either or" situation.

There are certain players (mid-to-low tier) who I think the Jets will sign no matter what, but I think their big picture FA strategy comes down to the OL and DL. They're going to go after Thuney (I'm not super confident) and likely to defer to Linsley, but they may have a few other tricks up their sleeve. They're also expected to prioritize EDGE rusher. The Eagles are talking extension with Derek Barnett and if they can work something out that eliminates him as an option. I asked if the Jets are interested in Ngakoue and I still haven't gotten a response. 

As far as edge rushers go, Carl Lawson is the guy I want the most personally

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, football guy said:

Jets have been linked to nearly every FA wide receiver and I think for good reason: the Jets are going to let the market dictate who they go for. I think the coaches and execs kind of rank these guys differently and have different preferences, so it kind of makes it hard to peg who they value much higher than someone else. For instance, Douglas is higher on JuJu whereas the coaching staff is higher on Curtis Samuel... it should be intriguing to monitor who wins out if it becomes an "either or" situation.

There are certain players (mid-to-low tier) who I think the Jets will sign no matter what, but I think their big picture FA strategy comes down to the OL and DL. They're going to go after Thuney (I'm not super confident) and likely to defer to Linsley, but they may have a few other tricks up their sleeve. They're also expected to prioritize EDGE rusher. The Eagles are talking extension with Derek Barnett and if they can work something out that eliminates him as an option. I asked if the Jets are interested in Ngakoue and I still haven't gotten a response. 

Sounds pretty concrete.  Hopefully, we know what we want.  And are aggressive to upgrade.  Golladay should be a no brainer, factoring availability only regarding. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, King P said:

As far as edge rushers go, Carl Lawson is the guy I want the most personally

I wanted Hendrickson. Then simeone talked up Lawson. Didn't know much about him. Im with you, and that poster. Let's get Lawson 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We should draft one because neither of those guys is a #1 15-18 million dollar WR.

From the two?  I'd take Juju, more productive, younger by 3 years, physical player.

I'd rather over pay for oline or pass rusher.

I agree that we need to draft a wr. But I'd like them to sign 1 of those guys as well. I think Golloday is a true #1. Juju more of a slot wr.

Interior Oline will definitely be a priority. I hope they sign thuney.

The pass rusher market scares me. I think a lot of those guys are not worth the contracts they will recieve. Judons never had double digit sacks. Yannick did it once 4 years ago. Same with bud Dupree.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Bourne, Williams and maybe Sherman are exactly the kind of guys I see JD and Saleh targeting.  Guys who Saleh trusts and who can lead the younger guys on the Jets in a new system, and won't cost a ton.  Those are Tier 2-3 type guys money wise.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Bourne, Williams and maybe Sherman are exactly the kind of guys I see JD and Saleh targeting.  Guys who Saleh trusts and who can lead the younger guys on the Jets in a new system, and won't cost a ton.  Those are Tier 2-3 type guys money wise.

No Juzcysk? I think the offense involves FB in 60% of personnel alignments 

Edited by 32EBoozer