2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

Is Golladay out of the picture for us?

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

New York Jets

The Jets have plenty of cap space and desperately need help at the skill positions. Whether it be Sam Darnold or another young quarterback, the Jets are doing their signal-callers a disservice by not surrounding them with talent.

Jamison Crowder is a nice slot option, and last year’s second-round pick Denzel Mims is still coming along. Adding Golladay to this group would really solidify the receiving corps and fill one of their biggest needs.

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Honestly, I’d scrap the idea of JuJu, keep Crowder, and allocate all the money to those two.  That’s what I want.

C Linsley           
          LG Thuney         RG McGovern
LT Becton                                     RT Fant

Looks pretty dang good.

Something tells me we are all in the boat with if we land even just some of the guy mentioned we will be happy. Juju or not...all of it sounds pretty darn good

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cbucco19 said:

I just think Sam gets traded . DJ , Baldy , all think it’s going to be Wilson ! I’m sure people in organization like sam and think 60/40 but when the dust settles joe will draft Wilson 

Even with what I’m told, my gut tells me the same.  As I said before, so much has changed with those odds that I can see the needle swaying to the other side.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Cbucco19 said:

I just think Sam gets traded . DJ , Baldy , all think it’s going to be Wilson ! I’m sure people in organization like sam and think 60/40 but when the dust settles joe will draft Wilson 

But do they like Wilson enough to pass up on Sam + Kyle Pitts or Rashawn Slater and having three firsts next year?

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Honestly, I’d scrap the idea of JuJu, keep Crowder, and allocate all the money to those two.  That’s what I want.

C Linsley           
          LG Thuney         RG McGovern
LT Becton                                     RT Fant

Looks pretty dang good.

comedy central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

• Post of the Week 1

NFL free agency 2021: Which edge rusher is best scheme fit for Jets’ Robert Saleh’s new defense?

Updated 6:45 AM; Today 6:45 AM 

The Jets will run a 4-3 defense under new coach Robert Saleh. Getty Images

Facebook Share

Twitter Share

By Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

The Jets are transitioning from a 3-4 defense to a 4-3 scheme under new coach Robert Saleh, the 49ers’ former defensive coordinator.

They also need edge rusher help in free agency, which begins Monday.

So who is the best scheme fit for Saleh?

ESPN’s Matt Bowen attempted to answer that question and came up with Ravens edge rusher Yannick Ngakoue, who had eight combined sacks last season with Minnesota and Baltimore, equaling his 2019 total in Jacksonville.

Here’s the rationale from Bowen:

Ngakoue has the best pass-rushing traits of any edge defender on the market. We can point to his quickness off the ball, the natural bend or the disruptive ability to create impact plays. He would fill a major need for the Jets in Robert Saleh’s defense, where they can scheme one-on-ones for Ngakoue to win edge matchups. Keep an eye on the Colts here, too.

As for offensive free agents, Bowen likes Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster as the best scheme fit for the Jets’ new Mike Shanahan-style West Coast offense, led by coordinator Mike LaFleur, formerly of the 49ers. The Jets definitely need a No. 1 receiver.

And here’s why Bowen thinks Smith-Schuster is such a good fit:

Smith-Schuster, who caught 97 passes in the Steelers’ Air Raid system last season, would fill an obvious need at the position in New York, plus I really like the scheme match with new offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur, who left Kyle Shanahan’s staff to join the Jets.

Smith-Schuster can run the in-breakers on the defined play-action throws, create after the catch on crossers/quicks/screens and attack the intermediate windows on deep overs. In addition to the physical playing style Smith-Schuster would bring to the Jets, I see him as volume target who can make himself available for a team that could be starting a rookie quarterback if they decide to move on from Sam Darnold.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

5E26CDD3-D1D3-4917-8194-011D018EEDBF.thumb.jpeg.a4a5b58adb1f1c8e34405ff51f25f260.jpeg79B4CD49-EFA6-41AF-B470-8A7770099B98.thumb.jpeg.a63367e8ec54ed68960051c5918b2f10.jpeg

I was gonna start a thread for organization sake, but I’ll just post here and keep it simple.  This was the information I talked about yesterday.  Roughly 2 weeks old.  Lines up with @football guy’s information so nothing crazy that we haven’t heard.

Thanks for sharing Mogglez! Two quick questions.  Any input on edges the Jets may be interested in? And what does OA mean after the second pick? Thanks

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Thanks for sharing Mogglez! Two quick questions.  Any input on edges the Jets may be interested in? And what does OA mean after the second pick? Thanks

Haven’t heard much about EDGE.  Will be interesting to see if they go there with the 23rd pick.

OA means overall.  @JiF hates seeing it abbreviated this way, but this is where (or who) I got it from lmfao.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Garbage

Except Mack but who knows after his last injury? I forget how serious it even was, I just know Hines replaced him pretty well and even added value as a receiver when he stepped in. Colts OL is extremely talented so that is another cause for slight concern.... all things in consideration I still would like Marlon Mack on this team if the deal was fair for us.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

This would be a huge get for Miami and a blow to us division game wise next season. I think Golladay is the best WR in FA this year and has his best football ahead of him. He’s the type of player that is pretty much going to finish blossoming as a player on any team in any situation.

- I like Kenny Golloday

- Kenny Golloday is being wildly overrated around here and probably in the league.

If some team gives him 18 million, let alone 15 million it is a huge mistake.

This is one player who's value is being pushed out of whack for what he his and what he will be.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This would be a huge get for Miami and a blow to us division game wise next season. I think Golladay is the best WR in FA this year and has his best football ahead of him. He’s the type of player that is pretty much going to finish blossoming as a player on any team in any situation.

Don’t him and Parker do the same thing?

1 minute ago, ganggreen305 said:

Still find it hard to believe any WR commits to us not knowing the QB situation.  At least Miami has Tua.  No one knows who our QB is going to be.  Go Jets!

Guys who get to this stage have basically turned down multiple offers from the current team and with the violent nature of the sport understand that the big money contract is usually the second one. Money talks 

heck this franchise could sign free agents when gutman was running things lol

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

Still find it hard to believe any WR commits to us not knowing the QB situation.  At least Miami has Tua.  No one knows who our QB is going to be.  Go Jets!

I mean, they could tell them their options if they really wanted to know. 

“Listen Kenny, it’s either gonna be Darnold, Wilson or Watson. Plus 80 million, you down for this or what?”

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

How much can a 28 year old blossom? 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Weird that this random dude claims Pauline said this but can’t find it anywhere else 

Ali is pretty good he has his own platform on YouTube and other social media. I don’t think he would put it out there if he didn’t hear it from Pauline. 

26 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

Well as a WR would you rather tua or Darnold, Wilson, Fields possibly Watson?

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

- I like Kenny Golloday

- Kenny Golloday is being wildly overrated around here and probably in the league.

If some team gives him 18 million, let alone 15 million it is a huge mistake.

This is one player who's value is being pushed out of whack for what he his and what he will be.

Jet fans: we need more playmakers.

Also jet fans: golloday is overrated. So is juju.

So who is good?  who do you guys want them to sign? They are the 2 best wrs on the market. And we desperately need wr help.

We should be excited to get 1 of them.  Unless you prefer trotting perriman or jeff Smith out there again

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

So who is good?  who do you guys want them to sign? They are the 2 best wrs on the market. And we desperately need wr help.

We should be excited to get 1 of them.  Unless you prefer trotting perriman or jeff Smith out there again

Anyone but JuJu

3 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

We should draft one because neither of those guys is a #1 15-18 million dollar WR.

From the two?  I'd take Juju, more productive, younger by 3 years, physical player.

I'd rather over pay for oline or pass rusher.

• Upvote 1