Jump to content

DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for me personally, I think we should build up the OL and give Sweet Sammy another shot, we can always trade for a 25-year-old top-5 QB a year from now. JMO

Congratulations to the Miami Dolphins. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

Ok, lets start with the ‘ i told you so’s’ , many on this forum said Watson was never getting traded when all the obvious clues were there. You were wrong! Now, to those that think JD will not pursue Watson heavily, you will also be wrong. I don’t know if the Jets will ‘ win’ the bidding, but there is at least a 50% chance he will be a Jet by March. We certainly have as much to offer as anybody. Finally, the Jets can only control this to a degree, if all offers are comparable(likely), it is up to Watson what teams are in his list, and then Texans ultimately control where he is dealt. Let the real fun begin!,

He will be a Dolphin and it’s not really that hard to see 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the NFL have any rules on how quickly a player traded to one team can then be traded again?

Just thinking if Jets include Darnold as a way of keeping some other asset (like a 2023 draft pick), where the Texans don't really want him, but view him as an asset to flip for a pick.

In other words, same scenario if the Jets kept the #2 and drafted a QB and then traded Darnold for X (his NFL value in a pick) but the Texans get to do it, where the Jets trade the 2021 #2 pick, Darnold and whatever else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'd offer the Texans our 2021 #23, a 2021 3rd round pick, our 2021 Seattle #1 pick, our own 2022 #1 and #3 Picks and Sam Darnold (QB).

Then I'd do everything possible to trade down out of #2 in 2021 to acquire a mid-1st in 2021 and a 1st in 2022. 

That's my plan as of today.

So:

Jets Offer:
2021 1st Round Pick #23
2021 3rd Round Pick
2022 1st Round Pick (Seattle)
2023 1st Round Pick
2023 3rd Round Pick
Sam Darnold (QB)
 

Texans Offer:
Deshaun Watson (QB)

I can't see this happening without our #2 pick, which they'll use to replace Watson.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'd offer the Texans our 2021 #23, a 2021 3rd round pick, our 2021 Seattle #1 pick, our own 2022 #1 and #3 Picks and Sam Darnold (QB).

Then I'd do everything possible to trade down out of #2 in 2021 to acquire a mid-1st in 2021 and a 1st in 2022. 

That's my plan as of today.

So:

Jets Offer:
2021 1st Round Pick #23
2021 3rd Round Pick
2022 1st Round Pick (Seattle)
2023 1st Round Pick
2023 3rd Round Pick
Sam Darnold (QB)
 

Texans Offer:
Deshaun Watson (QB)

Tim And Eric Go Do It GIF by Adult Swim

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

2021 #2 

2022 1st

2023 1st

Hell  throw Sam in there ,, we can still build thru the draft (PFN MOCK)  , and the cap space !!!! contenders !!!!

Welcome to the board Mr. Doo Doo. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I hope this doesn't turn out to be like the Durant chatter for a year that he wanted to come to the Knicks and then went to Brooklyn.  He never had any plan to be a Knick.    

Actually, I don't think that's true. Durant and co were interested in coming to the Knicks, but Dolan didn't want to pay Durant the big money he wanted after getting that achilles injury. He remembered getting burned by Amare with the reconstructive knees surgery during his Phoenix days.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The rumors make more sense now that it has been announced he requested a trade weeks ago.  Any rumored offers didn't make sense if he didn't actually request a trade.  Apparently our rumored offer is:

 

2nd overall pick (which is equal to multiple lower 1's)

Darnold

next year's first

 

This sounds good to me.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’ve tried. I’ve actually tried to ban Max and all the other mods. Best I can do is give them warnings and hands down the pants stuff.,

What?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wit said:

He may still be right. Watson can request all he wants but they can sit his ass on the bench snd fine the hell out of him. 

Yeah but that almost never happens.  6 QB's since 1983 have demanded/requested trades and they all got moved.  I can't think of 1 QB who demanded/requested a trade and stayed put or was "allowed to rot".

Meanwhile, Houston absolutely can't afford to head into 2021 with AJ McCarron as their QB and no 1st round pick.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah but that almost never happens.  6 QB's since 1983 have demanded/requested trades and they all got moved.  I can't think of 1 QB who demanded/requested a trade and stayed put or was "allowed to rot".

Meanwhile, Houston absolutely can't afford to head into 2021 with AJ McCarron as their QB and no 1st round pick.

This.

It sounds nice in theory, but if a player (especially a star player) wants out, it pretty much always happens. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rayzor said:

The rumors make more sense now that it has been announced he requested a trade weeks ago.  Any rumored offers didn't make sense if he didn't actually request a trade.  Apparently our rumored offer is:

 

2nd overall pick (which is equal to multiple lower 1's)

Darnold

next year's first

 

This sounds good to me.

where's the rumor from?  i doubt they'd have interest in darnold.  i'd give them #2 and next years 1, and the seattle 3's.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...