DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

3 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

Ok, lets start with the ‘ i told you so’s’ , many on this forum said Watson was never getting traded when all the obvious clues were there. You were wrong! Now, to those that think JD will not pursue Watson heavily, you will also be wrong. I don’t know if the Jets will ‘ win’ the bidding, but there is at least a 50% chance he will be a Jet by March. We certainly have as much to offer as anybody. Finally, the Jets can only control this to a degree, if all offers are comparable(likely), it is up to Watson what teams are in his list, and then Texans ultimately control where he is dealt. Let the real fun begin!,

He will be a Dolphin and it’s not really that hard to see 

Does the NFL have any rules on how quickly a player traded to one team can then be traded again?

Just thinking if Jets include Darnold as a way of keeping some other asset (like a 2023 draft pick), where the Texans don't really want him, but view him as an asset to flip for a pick.

In other words, same scenario if the Jets kept the #2 and drafted a QB and then traded Darnold for X (his NFL value in a pick) but the Texans get to do it, where the Jets trade the 2021 #2 pick, Darnold and whatever else. 

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'd offer the Texans our 2021 #23, a 2021 3rd round pick, our 2021 Seattle #1 pick, our own 2022 #1 and #3 Picks and Sam Darnold (QB).

Then I'd do everything possible to trade down out of #2 in 2021 to acquire a mid-1st in 2021 and a 1st in 2022. 

That's my plan as of today.

So:

Jets Offer:
2021 1st Round Pick #23
2021 3rd Round Pick
2022 1st Round Pick (Seattle)
2023 1st Round Pick
2023 3rd Round Pick
Sam Darnold (QB)

Texans Offer:
Deshaun Watson (QB)

I can't see this happening without our #2 pick, which they'll use to replace Watson.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'd offer the Texans our 2021 #23, a 2021 3rd round pick, our 2021 Seattle #1 pick, our own 2022 #1 and #3 Picks and Sam Darnold (QB).

Then I'd do everything possible to trade down out of #2 in 2021 to acquire a mid-1st in 2021 and a 1st in 2022. 

That's my plan as of today.

So:

Jets Offer:
2021 1st Round Pick #23
2021 3rd Round Pick
2022 1st Round Pick (Seattle)
2023 1st Round Pick
2023 3rd Round Pick
Sam Darnold (QB)

Texans Offer:
Deshaun Watson (QB)

Tim And Eric Go Do It GIF by Adult Swim

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I hope this doesn't turn out to be like the Durant chatter for a year that he wanted to come to the Knicks and then went to Brooklyn.  He never had any plan to be a Knick.    

Actually, I don't think that's true. Durant and co were interested in coming to the Knicks, but Dolan didn't want to pay Durant the big money he wanted after getting that achilles injury. He remembered getting burned by Amare with the reconstructive knees surgery during his Phoenix days.

• Haha 1

The rumors make more sense now that it has been announced he requested a trade weeks ago.  Any rumored offers didn't make sense if he didn't actually request a trade.  Apparently our rumored offer is:

2nd overall pick (which is equal to multiple lower 1's)

Darnold

next year's first

This sounds good to me.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Wit said:

He may still be right. Watson can request all he wants but they can sit his ass on the bench snd fine the hell out of him. 

Yeah but that almost never happens.  6 QB's since 1983 have demanded/requested trades and they all got moved.  I can't think of 1 QB who demanded/requested a trade and stayed put or was "allowed to rot".

Meanwhile, Houston absolutely can't afford to head into 2021 with AJ McCarron as their QB and no 1st round pick.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah but that almost never happens.  6 QB's since 1983 have demanded/requested trades and they all got moved.  I can't think of 1 QB who demanded/requested a trade and stayed put or was "allowed to rot".

Meanwhile, Houston absolutely can't afford to head into 2021 with AJ McCarron as their QB and no 1st round pick.

This.

It sounds nice in theory, but if a player (especially a star player) wants out, it pretty much always happens. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

The rumors make more sense now that it has been announced he requested a trade weeks ago.  Any rumored offers didn't make sense if he didn't actually request a trade.  Apparently our rumored offer is:

2nd overall pick (which is equal to multiple lower 1's)

Darnold

next year's first

This sounds good to me.

where's the rumor from?  i doubt they'd have interest in darnold.  i'd give them #2 and next years 1, and the seattle 3's.