DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

12 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Lions. They can offer Stafford plus picks

I don't see a team hat wants to rebuild trading for a 33 year old QB... Also, I dont see Stafford wanting to play there since he has spent his entire career with a loser franchise.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sid Luckman, Jay Fiedler or Josh Rosen?

Damn you 80. I was hoping no one would catch that typo haha. I had Lasik surgery on Saturday and am still recovering and I was excited to hit send so that’s my excuse for not noticing that before posting haha. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Damn you 80. I was hoping no one would catch that typo haha. I had Lasik surgery on Saturday and am still recovering and I was excited to hit send so that’s my excuse for not noticing that before posting haha. 

Solid excuse.  Lasik is no joke.  But even if I knew that beforehand I wouldn't have been able to resist!  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

They can drag it out and get the same haul in a trade 12 months from now. They don't want to draft a QB in this year's class... they have a long rebuild awaiting them. 

I disagree. I think his value would go down with 12 mos off. Plus, who knows who would pick 2 next year— he has the no trade clause and may not want to go there. It can be a lot quicker if they do it now. Again, new 65 year old coach  and most likely a pissed off fan base. 

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

U look at the teams in the playoffs and what is the one common denominator in their success? That is right. It is elite right tackle play.

ME [drooling, wearing underwear on my head, eating oatmeal with my hands]: drrr passing league drrr [I make diarrhea in my pants]

JETS FANS [in lotus pose, floating six inches above the floor, eyes glowing white]: games are won in the trenches

• Post of the Week 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

They can drag it out and get the same haul in a trade 12 months from now. They don't want to draft a QB in this year's class... they have a long rebuild awaiting them. 

i disagree. i dont think any NFL team wants to go into the season with their best player esp a QB on the fritz. you'd end up with an at best a split locker room. they only play here is to get what you can, reset with a bunch of guys who need the work and are willing to be there even though they know its a teardown....and then u start fresh next year with building your new core.

all this does raise questions about JJ, u'd think they would both be gone.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetlag928 said:

Shefter on now telling greenie again “don’t get your hopes up” emoji22.png

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Other than the misery of him going to Miami or even NE, I'm hopeful we can get a deal done for Watson  but wont lose sleep about it.  We are in a good position right now with picks and cap space to start turning the ship around.  Its not everyday that a guy like Watson becomes available and we are in a good position to make an offer but lets not put all our eggs in one basket.

PS  I would order a Watson jersey immediately on Fanatics. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, usanyj said:

I don't see a team hat wants to rebuild trading for a 33 year old QB... Also, I dont see Stafford wanting to play there since he has spent his entire career with a loser franchise.

The better bet there would be the Lions trading Stafford and using that draft capital to trade for Watson, OR a 3-way deal of sorts.  

Agreed that the Texans would have zero interest in Stafford.  Its Watson or start from scratch with a rookie.  Not only would Stafford have no interest in playing there, I don't believe Houston can afford him.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

ME [drooling, wearing underwear on my head, eating oatmeal with my hands]: drrr passing league drrr [I make diarrhea in my pants]

JETS FANS [in lotus pose, floating six inches above the floor, eyes glowing white]: games are won in the trenches

lololol

54 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Lions. They can offer Stafford plus picks

Maybe.  But I am not sure how that would work for the Texans under the cap.  They are already over the cap, and trading Watson will accelerate his signing bonus, increasing their cap crunch.  I think they are more likely to look to rebuild with a rookie QB than adding another big cap hit for a 33-year old QB.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, static14 said:

The longer Houston drags this out the more likely they are to have the rest of the locker room wanting to follow Watson right out the door. 

Exactly.  It all sounds great in theory to "stay principled" and wait this out with Watson for months and months.  But it doesn't happen for exactly this reason. 

You don't f**k around with your QB, because something resembling a mutiny from the team and a PR nightmare coming from the fans and media will happen.  And it will be unlike any team has ever seen, given that a QB as young and elite as Watson has never demanded a trade like this. 

Hell, the league might even end up demanding that McNair sells the team by the time the dust settles on this thing.

• Upvote 2

If I were Watson I would announce the team he would want to play for. That way there’s no bidding war which would hurt his new team. If he wants to play for the Jets fine. Let the Texans and Jets work out a fair deal without severely depleting their draft capital. If he prefers Miami, we can move on and concentrate on the draft.

• Post of the Week 1