DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You said the HC hire made it more likely he'd stay.  30 minutes later he requests a trade.  Looks to me like things are headed in the wrong direction for Houston, but I dunno.

You're putting words in my mouth. Go back and read what I said. It means that the Texans have no interest in trading him and will do everything in their power to repair the relationship and get him to stay. I always acknowledged he'd likely remain disgruntled. I didn't expect an official trade request, but it's come to light that he requested the trade weeks ago and reinforced his desire to be traded, confirming his whole "insensitivity to social injustice" was a farce. He wants to abandon the sinking ship. Now he's going to look like a diva for it but it's clear they don't care... he and his reps want to move. 

That being said, the Texans won't trade him. They will try to meet with him and this will likely drag all the way through training camp. If he starts holding out it will become real. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Durant-Harden-Irving is just way too much offensive firepower for literally any team to defend. Plus, they may also end up getting Andre Drummond. 

I do think the Lakers would still be favored in a finals series against them this year because I think they are still currently a better team top to bottom depth wise, and defensively. Unless the Nets make a couple of moves to shore that up. 

why i was pissed they traded allen.  they need a big man.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Obviously Darnold.  Then Douglas can put on his resume that he helped Darnold go from the # 35 ranked QB in the league all the way up to the # 29 QB in the league.  

If Douglas gets Darnold up to the #29 QB in the league his cut of the second contract is gonna be so big he never needs a resume again.

17 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Miami will offer #3 and the Jets will offer #2. That's the only way Houston trades a FQb. Now the additional picks can be negotiated. Maybe next year's Seattle pick or #34 this year and next year's #1 prevents us from giving up a #1 in '22

Thats well and good.  Still comes down to the fact that Houston gave Watson a no trade clause and the ability to accept a trade to the team of his choice, not the deal thats best for the Texans

• Sympathy 1

Just now, football guy said:

You're putting words in my mouth. Go back and read what I said. It means that the Texans have no interest in trading him and will do everything in their power to repair the relationship and get him to stay. I always acknowledged he'd likely remain disgruntled. He requested the trade weeks ago and reinforced his desire to be traded, confirming his whole "insensitivity to social injustice" was a farce. He wants to abandon the sinking ship. Now he's going to look like a diva for it but it's clear they don't care... he and his reps want to move. 

That being said, the Texans won't trade him. They will try to meet with him and this will likely drag all the way through training camp. If he starts holding out it will become real. 

People are acting like you cannot have an opinion.  SMH    I think its a compliment that they want to dissect every word you write.      

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

You're putting words in my mouth. Go back and read what I said. It means that the Texans have no interest in trading him and will do everything in their power to repair the relationship and get him to stay. I always acknowledged he'd likely remain disgruntled. He requested the trade weeks ago and reinforced his desire to be traded, confirming his whole "insensitivity to social injustice" was a farce. He wants to abandon the sinking ship. Now he's going to look like a diva for it but it's clear they don't care... he and his reps want to move. 

So the Texans will risk going into 2021 with no 1st round pick and AJ McCarron at QB.  Makes a lot of sense.  The Texans are really stupid so you may be right.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, prime21 said:

People are acting like you cannot have an opinion.  SMH    I think its a compliment that they want to dissect every word you write.      

Nowhere did I say he can't have an opinion.  He's a valuable resource with front office connections.  But no one is an authority on every discussion, and sometimes sources get things wrong.  And since its rare to have someone with connections here, it's helpful to know when things are rock solid happing versus things that are just educated opinions.

With power comes responsibility.  So of course the things he posts are going to be under a microscope.

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

You're putting words in my mouth. Go back and read what I said. It means that the Texans have no interest in trading him and will do everything in their power to repair the relationship and get him to stay. I always acknowledged he'd likely remain disgruntled. I didn't expect an official trade request, but it's come to light that he requested the trade weeks ago and reinforced his desire to be traded, confirming his whole "insensitivity to social injustice" was a farce. He wants to abandon the sinking ship. Now he's going to look like a diva for it but it's clear they don't care... he and his reps want to move. 

How do you recruit any FA’s this off-season if their is no resolution to this?  They have to make a decision before FA starts and stick to it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lupz27 said:

How do you recruit any FA’s this off-season if their is no resolution to this?  They have to make a decision before FA starts and stick to it.

To be fair, Houston doesn't have any money for FA's regardless.  And they'll have trouble attracting players there whether they settle this thing now or in April.

• Upvote 3

If Robinson has been talking to Watson about playing together then that helps us big time because of our cap situation.  Even Sherman could be involved.   The players could be taking a page from the NBA and looking to set themselves up somewhere together.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To be fair, Houston doesn't have any money for FA's regardless.  And they'll have trouble attracting players there whether they settle this thing now or in April.

i don't ever remember a year where so many teams are over the cap.  eagles and saints are an absurd amount over!

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nowhere did I say he can't have an opinion.  He's a valuable resource with front office connections.  But no one is an authority on every discussion, and sometimes sources get things wrong.  And since its rare to have someone with connections here, it's helpful to know when things are rock solid happing versus things that are just educated opinions.

With power comes responsibility.  So of course the things he posts are going to be under a microscope.

I'm sorry, did I mention your name?  I said people.  If you are not one of those people then don't be so sensitive. 

52 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Just for me personally, I think we should build up the OL and give Sweet Sammy another shot, we can always trade for a 25-year-old top-5 QB a year from now. JMO

Lol, get used to it. 

35 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Watson tore both Acl, broke his collar bone, injured his back and sprained his LCL. Before the Tunsil trade he was the most hit qb over 2 seasons.

he's 25 going on 40 and his salary is so high, the Texans should be giving us picks, NBA salary dump style 

I don't expect him here, either, but the particular way in which you like to take a crap on things is always next level stuff. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2