Stafford traded to Rams

Rhg1084

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

Would've been a fall back. They also inquired on Marcus Mariota. A lot of these moves are organic so while they don't make official offers, they try to gauge interest in potential deals as contingencies

I would bet/hope that JD has been doing that as far as Sam goes. Have a pretty good idea what you could get if you needed it for a bigger trade, or to replenish something you may have to give up. He seems to be a very thorough guy, so I'll bet this leg work has already been done.

1 hour ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

A conflict of interest is not a conspiracy theory. A conflict of interest is not an irrational narrative. Keep punching down though.

What conflict of interest?

Players are represented by the same agents that represent coaches, GMs etc.  Shockingly to some its been that way forever. Takes a special kind of theorist to come up with one where a GM risks his career to make his agent, a guy who that GM PAYS, happy.  

Because it does what exactly for JD to keep his agent happy by paying players JD doesnt really like or want?

Theres no payoff for JD only risks his livelyhood, so it doesnt make sense on any level.  If it doesnt make sense it isnt true

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

I would bet/hope that JD has been doing that as far as Sam goes. Have a pretty good idea what you could get if you needed it for a bigger trade, or to replenish something you may have to give up. He seems to be a very thorough guy, so I'll bet this leg work has already been done.

They know his market. Over a 1/3 of the league has inquired dating back to the regular season

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Great.  Good luck to Darnold finding himself with some other team.  I no longer give a fuk about the guy and his potential. 

He succeeds somewhere else?  Don't give a fuk either.   But I will bet the house that Darnold will never become what some here hope.  The Jets went Sanchez Mach II and deserve ridicule.   But now it's time to turn the page and not care about the dim prospect of Darnold achieving Gannon's level.  'Cause it's not gonna happen no matter how much some dream.

And if Jets keep Darnold and he becomes a pretty good QB on a winning team because of all the picks we kept, are you going to root against the Jets?  Maybe a Pats fan?

47 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This isn't even about what I want.  It's just what's going to happen. 

Clearly this is what you want.

You have shared your personal projection (' auto repeat mode') of a future result based on the facts available.

No one knows what Joe Douglas wants, we all have an opinion. Most of us have an individual desired outcome. Joe Douglas may not have come to a decision yet.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Alka said:

Getting Watson may be the safest bet, but everything depends on what we have to give up for him.  There has to be limits, or it just isn't feasible.  Imagine if we didn't have our last 2 first round picks.  No Becton, no Quinnen.  I can't imagine how much worse we would be without both of them.

We will still have a 1st rd. pick in each year. With Watson we won’t be picking #2 or #6 or #11. 

10 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

You have shared your personal projection (' auto repeat mode') of a future result based on the facts available.

No one knows what Joe Douglas wants, we all have an opinion. Most of us have an individual desired outcome. Joe Douglas may not have come to a decision yet.

I doubt he had made a decision yet.  But the decision to which he will ultimately come is - they need to use #2 on a QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

That implication wasn't intended and should have been avoided. I was actually just going for something slightly less bad than Curt Shilling. How's Shillian Barberie? Good Shill Hunting?

This 

He think we can’t see his hand though ?

14 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Honestly, if they kept Sam and decided to just load up around him I wouldn't be upset about - I mean I don't think it would work but it would be interesting and something I would love to be wrong about....

But it would a horrible business decision for JD - and one he's simply not going to make.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Doesn't Houston have the #3 slot this year?

We will be supplementing our roster with FA talent.... something Houston has been unable to do. We also have a better defense... especially when you consider the five 3 & outs and 2 picks a game are no longer an issue.

6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

We will be supplementing our roster with FA talent.... something Houston has been unable to do. We also have a better defense... especially when you consider the five 3 & outs and 2 picks a game are no longer an issue.

Like we supplemented it last off-season?

30 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

But it would a horrible business decision for JD - and one he's simply not going to make.

I understand your thought process. You are assuming, based on what you know about Joe Douglas, that he has a business process reflecting what you believe is an inarguable truth...That Sam Darnold is a bad investment.

The data available to you,  from what I can see is inclusive.

I have my own projection, but me framing my projections as an inalienable end result...I struggle with.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I always root for my team.  My point is there is no other logical conclusion to come to other than using #2 overall to take a QB. 

This isn't even about what I want.  It's just what's going to happen. 

Anything else other than using 2 for a QB is just noise.  That's all I'm saying.

Actually it isnt the only logical conclusion is you believe that Darnold is still that talent he was coming out of college. Because that talent level is higher rated than any QB is coming out this year not named Lawrence.  Id bet most of the GMs and execs across the league agree.

I have no idea which way theyre going but I do think there is one hell of a good chance that all of you who have written Sam off may be really disappointed 

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

2017 11-5

2018 13-3

2019 9-7

2020 10 - 6

All without first round picks....always staying in a win now mode. I wish I was a Rams fan.....

And now they traded 2 more first round picks for an overrated old QB who has never even won a playoff game

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Is Goff really that bad and Stafford that good. The Rams think so. 

No he's not, but his contract makes him one of the most overvalued players in the league.

Something that hasn't really been mentioned here is that this trade helps the Jets somewhat.  

Rams and Seahawks are in the same division.  IMO this trade makes the Rams legitimate Super Bowl contenders.    Again IMO, the Hawks are a sprained ankle to Wilson away from the possibility of being a top 10 pick.  JMO

1 hour ago, addage said:

And if Jets keep Darnold and he becomes a pretty good QB on a winning team because of all the picks we kept, are you going to root against the Jets?  Maybe a Pats fan?

1 hour ago, undertow said:

LOL  No most people are morons so just do the opposite of what they think.

I admire dreamers.  Their visions are how many positive aspects of our world evolved  I have a recurring dream, too.  Goes something like this:

It's a Friday afternoon in 2011 and I'm sitting at the desk in my hillside home overlooking Pepperdine University, Malibu and the azure blue Pacific Ocean.  I'm two thirds done with next week's script for the NBC show Community, on which I am a staff writer.  I hear a car pull up in the driveway and head over to the window.  Getting out are one of the show's stars, Alison Brie, along with Jennifer Lawrence.  Both are casually dressed which does not diminish their astonishing natural beauty and impossible-to-hide sexiness.   I go downstairs to greet them.

After pleasantries are exchanged, I invite them in and we saunter into my perfectly appointed, open concept kitchen/family room.  I open up a bottle of H. Billiot grand cru Champagne which we all enjoy and marvel at the skill of this legendary vintner.  

In conversation, it's revealed that Jen stopped over to our set earlier to see how Alison was doing, run some lines, etc.  They wound up getting into a heated argument over whether the intensity of a threesome could be maintained over a weekend.  And (removing a half kilo bag from her purse) if the cocaine Jen had procured directly from El Patrón, Don Pablo Escobar, would heighten or diminish the experience.  Seems that  El Patrón is a major J-Law fan and has his personal, uncut, supply sent to her weekly.

The rest you can probably figure out.  But my dream is about 100 times more likely, and plausible, than Darnold ever achieving elite NFL QB status.

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

Hard to believe that one.

Bronx, dude I'm telling you that's the honest truth.  I am beyond done with Darnold.  I want to concentrate on our next QB odyssey, and really don't care what he does in the future.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually it isnt the only logical conclusion is you believe that Darnold is still that talent he was coming out of college. Because that talent level is higher rated than any QB is coming out this year not named Lawrence.  Id bet most of the GMs and execs across the league agree.

I have no idea which way theyre going but I do think there is one hell of a good chance that all of you who have written Sam off may be really disappointed 

If Sam were going into his 3rd year I would agree. Unfortunately he is going into his 4th year and has disappointed on every level. He will be a FA after this season so let’s prepare for ‘22 by getting our Qi now (rookie) or win now with Watson for the next 5 years

• Upvote 1

This is a great deal for the Rams.  Not only do they get out from under that horrible contract for what amounts to two second rounders, but they get a top veteran quarterback who has be rejunvenated to finally play for a team with a chance to win something.   Stafford at 33 probably has 3 or 4 solid season left.  If he helps the Rams get back to the Super Bowl the trade will be worth it.   Goff was exposed too many times and the Rams were never going to win a Bowl with him.    They are a win now team and are loaded with talent.  The only thing they were missing was a true franchise caliber quarterback.   This kind of reminds me a little of Jim Plunkett trade to the Raiders a generation (or two) ago when he when from disappointment borderline bust, to Super Bowl winning quarterback.   I could see something similar happening here for Stafford and the Rams. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

No one wanted to come because of Darnold and our losing culture.

Deshaun changes everything about that last statement and flips it upside down 

No, just no this thought that high end fa flock to top end guys like lemmings is faulty.

Dollars and term over rule all else.  With so few really god high end FA each year there is big completion.

We are not getting a flood of Fa no matter who we have at QB.

• Upvote 1