Stafford traded to Rams

Rhg1084

That Goff contract they will either be stuck with or have to eat a part of. 45m over the next two years is a Pro Bowl stud like Brandon Scherff. Think about how good that draft pick has to be to get 45m of value for it? Like a 8-9m a year of production over 5 years just to break even.

if Your Douglas would you even do 1.2 for 1.7 and both Rams First ? 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

No, no, no. You don't understand the difference between the #2 pick in a draft his year and future late first round picks. Not even in the same universe. 

As I said before, the Jets would NEVER trade the #2 pick this year for ALL those picks the Rams just traded. People need to stop looking at the NUMBER of picks being traded and factor in the position and year of those picks. 

For example, the Rams #1 pick next year is likely worth an early 2nd round this year (give or take).  

No, no, no. I understand its value. 

5 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Stafford finally had a decent head coach to play for. Has been a long time between drinks for him.

No excuses for the Rams to not go all the way now.

And the unheralded good news.  This can only help towards pushing SEA out of the playoffs next season.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, NYJetsDaddy said:

Maybe those picks they acquired could be used in a trade up...

They have #7, #41, #72 and #88 in the first three rounds this year.  Two firsts in each of the next two years.  They have enough picks to make an interesting offer.  The problem is they are completely tied to Goff for the next two years so it might be a year early for them to dump all those picks.  Better to wait until next year when they have two firsts to work with probably.  

I also think this precludes them from entertaining a trade for Darnold as well.  They almost have to play Goff this year at least.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn’t trade the #2 pick for that package they got for Stafford not in a million years.  This trade compensation does not affect Watson, there isn’t a 1st round pick until next year, two 2’s one 3rd and an abomination of a player on an abomination of a contract.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Shocking!!! My head is exploding reading some of these hot takes. I’m losing faith in people by the day.

That combined with also explaining the Rams basically paid in draft picks to absorb Goffs contract my head is gonna explode. lol  Somehow this trade means the Jets need to give up 5 1sts to get Watson now. lol

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, undertow said:

That combined with also explaining the Rams basically paid in draft picks to absorb Goffs contract my head is gonna explode. lol  Somehow this trade means the Jets need to give up 5 1sts to get Watson now. lol

Saturday night people have been drinking let’s give them the benefit of the doubt

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, undertow said:

So you’re saying you don’t think it’ll take 4?

56 minutes ago, undertow said:

It's shocking how many people can't comprehend the value difference between the 2nd overall pick and 1st round picks in the 20's.  

Also the second first rounder in the Stafford deal is most likely the price paid for unloading the 4 years 100M Goff deal with 45M guaranteed left. On a straight up trade Stafford probably gets a 1 and a 3. Watsons value didn’t change at all today 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

The number 2 pick alone is worth more than everything the Rams traded.

Houston is going to receive backlash because everyone seems to just quote x number of 1st round picks without factoring how high or low those picks might be.

The Texans are completely screwed....judging by the instant analysis I'm reading and watching if they don't get 5 or 6 1sts they are gonna get hammered. lol

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Also the second first rounder in the Stafford deal is most likely the price paid for unloading the 4 years 100M Goff deal with 45M guaranteed left. On a straight up trade Stafford probably gets a 1 and a 3. Watsons value didn’t change at all today 

Exactly...Detroit was better off trading with the Colts with Goff not included.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Absolutely not. The Jets 2nd pick is worth more than all the picks the Rams gave up.

32 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Shocking!!! My head is exploding reading some of these hot takes. I’m losing faith in people by the day.

Ill play the field on this one, and say the 1.02 isn't worth as much as people think. There's no consensus pick, and this years draft class has some good depth in important positions. 

1 minute ago, undertow said:

Exactly...Detroit was better off trading with the Colts with Goff not included.

Word on the street is, Colts offered a first round pick. 9ers offered two seconds and a third (or something like that). 

That was their limit. Rams overpaid to lose goff rather than acquire Stafford. 

• Upvote 1

Even if someone offered 4 1sts in 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024.  Jets #2 and #23 trumps that as far as value.  And it's really not even close.

Tonight's deal changes nothing as far as Watson.  Actually, convinces me we can absolutely get a #1 for Darnold.  Even if it's throwing a pick back or in 2022 or 2023 which.JD has shown an affinity for with McClendon and Williamson deals.

If asking price was 4 1sts in successive years, I'd gladly do that.  

#2 trumps all as far as I'm concerned.  Future picks always speculative.  Who thought Texans would have 3rd pick before year began?