Drew Brees Retires

Also one of my favorites to watch. Always wanted to get to see him play before he retired but never got the chance. Always picked him for fantasy football and he always managed to put up monster numbers. 

I was kinda hoping he was going to do one more year when someone posted him pushing a sled on the road. I thought that, with the lack of an official retirement announcement, he was coming back for one last hurrah. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Thank heavens, I was worried. 

My point is that this isn't like Michael Jordan walking away from basketball or Tiger Woods having his career stopped.  This isn't NFL-shattering news.  

I never deliberately turned on a national TV game because Drew Brees was playing.  He wasn't must-see-TV.  He was massively overshadowed by other quarterbacks of his era and he only managed one measly Super Bowl.  We wish him well.  He won't be missed.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

My point is that this isn't like Michael Jordan walking away from basketball or Tiger Woods having his career stopped.  This isn't NFL-shattering news.  

I never deliberately turned on a national TV game because Drew Brees was playing.  He wasn't must-see-TV.  He was massively overshadowed by other quarterbacks of his era and he only managed one measly Super Bowl.  We wish him well.  He won't be missed.

SAR I

I honestly never have purposely watched a game  to watch him play either.  But I always enjoyed watching him play, especially when he had Jimmy Graham, silly in the Redzone. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Congrats to him, and a big FU to all who criticized his stance on the anthem.

I thought he had opportunity to hear his colleagues out and grow from that. Thought his stance changed after having heard his teammates out. 

Personally, my wife's a big Saints fan so I've seen many of his games including one in person at MetLife. Think the upmost of him. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I honestly never have purposely watched a game  to watch him play either.  But I always enjoyed watching him play, especially when he had Jimmy Graham, silly in the Redzone. 

I've watched many of his games. For me he was probably the most exciting QB of my time thus far, simply off of style. He was a big play QB like Big Ben but with a more likable team/personality. His downfield accuracy was just awesome. Also local Hofstra alum Marques Colston shined under him so I caught those years as well. 

Compared to his contemporaries (Peyton, Eli, Rivers, Brady, Romo, Big Ben, etc) he was arguably the most exciting in terms of big play (next to Big Ben). 

Also Sean Payton simply knew how to make the big plays happen so it was a part of their offense. 

Jimmy Graham years were just silly

• Upvote 1