Jump to content

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, nycdan said:

That is interesting.  Again raises the question of whether an edge at #23 is really the best path to improving the team as a whole.

It is tempting to have a supreme D but most likely: WR or RB (a reach).for Zach"s sake.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember when Wilk, Sheldon, Harrison, and Williams were supposed to be the new Sack Exchange, the “Sons of Anarchy,” etc. 

 

lets hope they get it right this time. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Bronx said:

It is tempting to have a supreme D but most likely: WR or RB (a reach).for Zach"s sake.

Agreed. From all reports, this EDGE class is developmental at best. This team needs to do everything possible to give Zach a chance. A situational edge rush prospect isn't the way to go in the first round. For better or worse, the immediate future of this team depends on Zach and his development, not the pass rush.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nycdan said:

That is interesting.  Again raises the question of whether an edge at #23 is really the best path to improving the team as a whole.

I think so because we need another guy to be full starter vs rotational backup. I mean i realize they all rotate but a rookie woudl be great to add in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Drums said:

Super excited to see Lawson— probably my favorite signing so far this offseason. To quote Benjamin Franklin, “CAN’T WAIT!”

This is one of my favorit players from then

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

How many times have we put the cart before the horse with stuff like this?   You're happy with that lineup?  Awesome.  But let's call them a New Sack Exchange once they actually compete well together.   Who knows, they might wind up as the new "Sack of Sh*t Exchange". 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

How many times have we put the cart before the horse with stuff like this?   You're happy with that lineup?  Awesome.  But let's call them a New Sack Exchange once they actually compete well together.   Who knows, they might wind up as the new "Sack of Sh*t Exchange". 

Exactly.  In order to be considered a "sack exchange" it would seem to me that you need to have recorded at least one sack first.  I am optimistic about the defensive front we are gonna roll out there, but before we compare them with an all-time great Jets unit, let them prove something on the field first.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we all need to consider that some of those pressures by Lawson might have been sacks, if Geno Atkins wasn't injured. No interior pressure. Not a problem with us. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I guess it is a foregone conclusion that Zuniga is a bust already.   Well I don't think so, I get it he has had issues staying healthy and last year was no exception.  I am still willing to see what he can bring to the table next year, assuming he can stay on the field.   His talent is undeniable.  

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

So I guess it is a foregone conclusion that Zuniga is a bust already.   Well I don't think so, I get it he has had issues staying healthy and last year was no exception.  I am still willing to see what he can bring to the table next year, assuming he can stay on the field.   His talent is undeniable.  

 

I forgot he was on the team.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

I'm hopeful but will believe when I see it. Last decent pass rush we had was John Abraham and he got annoyed when you asked him to dress for a game

#MOSLEY

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I forgot he was on the team.

yeah he had a season to forget but I am excited to see what Saleh can do with him.  The kid definitely has talent.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bronx said:

It is tempting to have a supreme D but most likely: WR or RB (a reach).for Zach"s sake.

Where would we start a drafted receiver? In front of Mims? Or Crowder?Or Cole? Unless Mims is a bust those 3 behind Davis is enough depth, there’s only 1 football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

So I guess it is a foregone conclusion that Zuniga is a bust already.   Well I don't think so, I get it he has had issues staying healthy and last year was no exception.  I am still willing to see what he can bring to the table next year, assuming he can stay on the field.   His talent is undeniable.  

 

I would not be calling him a bust.  I think he is a much better fit as a 4-3 DE and I am curious to see what he can do this coming season.  With the depth we have along the defenzive front, we won't need too much from him, but he was really good at generating inside pressure at Florida.  I think he can be a nice rotational piece who should be given an opportunity to prove he can play at this level this season.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

So I guess it is a foregone conclusion that Zuniga is a bust already.   Well I don't think so, I get it he has had issues staying healthy and last year was no exception.  I am still willing to see what he can bring to the table next year, assuming he can stay on the field.   His talent is undeniable.  

 

Thank god for the mute button.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, genot said:

Thank god for the mute button.

True.... If I hear another N-word, my head is going to explode. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Lith said:

I would not be calling him a bust.  I think he is a much better fit as a 4-3 DE and I am curious to see what he can do this coming season.  With the depth we have along the defenzive front, we won't need too much from him, but he was really good at generating inside pressure at Florida.  I think he can be a nice rotational piece who should be given an opportunity to prove he can play at this level this season.

I think that Saleh will be able to unlock his ability and as you said, become a valuable rotational player.  At least I hope so.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nycdan said:

That is interesting.  Again raises the question of whether an edge at #23 is really the best path to improving the team as a whole.

maybe not since they signed lawson.  but what it also does is to let them draft a player that's more of a project or maybe zuniga will get better with coaching from saleh et al.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

True.... If I hear another N-word, my head is going to explode. 

Almost all of highlight videos have the same nonsense. Drives me crazy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, the Claw said:

I remember when Wilk, Sheldon, Harrison, and Williams were supposed to be the new Sack Exchange, the “Sons of Anarchy,” etc. 

 

lets hope they get it right this time. 

That name was too cringe to be successful. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites



I would not be calling him a bust.  I think he is a much better fit as a 4-3 DE and I am curious to see what he can do this coming season.  With the depth we have along the defenzive front, we won't need too much from him, but he was really good at generating inside pressure at Florida.  I think he can be a nice rotational piece who should be given an opportunity to prove he can play at this level this season.
Totally agree- it should be a lot closer to what he was doing in college. If he's going to be a productive pro, this is the situation that could unlock that. If not, it's probably not going to happen.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...