Trey Lance - Any takers?

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I see Trey Lance having a Pat Mahomes situation. Huge skill set, huge arm, huge playmaking ability, 0 INT’ in 2019 (I know it’s NDSU), going to an established offense /offensive coach is huge for a prospect like that if you ask me. I wouldn’t rule out Lance if he goes to the 9ers.

Maybe the Ravens take him? They have a RB playing QB. RUN A DOUBLE SPREAD OPTION!

2 hours ago, MysticalJet2 said:

He had an ok Pro Day.  Intriguing player and could be something special.  Unfortunately the Jets don't have the luxury to take that chance on a QB that requires a bit of polish.  He has all the physical gifts, apparently a film junky, and oh undefeated as a college QB.

Trey Lance is sorta like Justin Fields. 

Minus the accuracy and playing strong competition. Its just kinda funny that he may go before Justin Fields and like 25 picks higher than Lamar Jackson did. 

• Upvote 2

If Joe D and Saleh think hes the best out of the non lawrence qbs, then yest take him.

None of us bozos have any clue which of these kids will be good.  I prefer wilson but will be thrilled with whomever we take.

Joe D and Saleh have a plan, whichever qb they decide on, thats my guy.

But its going to be wilson so these discussions are quite pointless.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I say trade out of 2 and take him later.

So where is he going to be available?  Trade down to what spot?  The only teams that are going to want to move to 2 will need a QB.  Who is that now?  Why would Atlanta trade up?  They can sit at 4 and get Fields or Lance or Jones.  What happens if the Jets move down to pick 7 and QBs go 1-4 and they are left with Jones? Or they drop to 10-12 and they are all gone?

12 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

So where is he going to be available?  Trade down to what spot?  The only teams that are going to want to move to 2 will need a QB.  Who is that now?  Why would Atlanta trade up?  They can sit at 4 and get Fields or Lance or Jones.  What happens if the Jets move down to pick 7 and QBs go 1-4 and they are left with Jones? Or they drop to 10-12 and they are all gone?

We just roll with Sam one more year, surround him with weapons. 

Oh wait. 

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Trey Lance will be the best QB in the class if he goes to the 49ers that’s how good he is.  

The Jets however are not the 49ers...

LOL this is how we think as Jets fans.

If he goes to the 49rs, a staff that has never developed a QB he'll be a star

If he goes to the Jets, a staff that has never developed a QB he'll fail.

?

• Haha 1