Show Your Mock 2022 (All JN Mock Drafts Merged)

3 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I went a wildly different approach than I have with this one... I said to myself that JD will add at least 1 higher priced FA on Offense and try to bring in depth players that can pop later in the draft, while using the early picks to fix a historically bad defense.  I traded down but ended up getting picks in this draft and nothing for next year. 

263606400_ScreenShot2021-12-16at10_36_04AM.png.be6112909bb4cb65b162e7a89230c7ea.png17948107_ScreenShot2021-12-16at10_36_18AM.png.4b02592eb8d55f208085a3204bfde4ef.png2006221389_ScreenShot2021-12-16at10_36_26AM.png.94fc85e02278b9e5916f34f5a9e71419.png

I think because of the injury Metchie is going to be a really good value in this draft.  He’s a pretty good all around receiver who can play different roles, something this coaching staff prioritizes.   Pairing him with London gives the Jets a great young receiver core.   Add in McBride and Cook and you have a solid group of young offensive players.  Moore, London, Metchie at WR, Carter and Cook at RB and McBride and Whyle at TE.  

32 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I think because of the injury Metchie is going to be a really good value in this draft.  He’s a pretty good all around receiver who can play different roles, something this coaching staff prioritizes.   Pairing him with London gives the Jets a great young receiver core.   Add in McBride and Cook and you have a solid group of young offensive players.  Moore, London, Metchie at WR, Carter and Cook at RB and McBride and Whyle at TE.  

what i love about all of that is I think it fits into what I think JD's approach will be to this draft.  Premiere Defensive talent early, with a WR and TE mixed in.. Then offensive help late where I think a guy like metchie will be able to be gotten and we've already discussed the TE depth later.  I also think RB late is really good too. When i say late i mean RD 3-5.  I think of the jets first 4 picks 3 will probably be defensively. If they trade down hopefully they get another 2nd in the deal to be able to go 3-2 d to o

If the jets can trade down it really opens up this draft big time for them to come away with an impressive haul to solidify a foundation for this team. 

If Wilson for some reason never turns it around well at least you should have a really good young team thats ready to compete for a new qb (ie the buffalo model). 

I'm starting to worry about this draft a lot.

Unlike previous years I hate the early part of the draft options for the jets in almost every mock.  I guess I have to wait for combine and all star games and pro days to see ho the list gets shaken up.

Right now we miss out on the top two pass rushers on every mock and are looking at Neal who I do not think Douglas will take and a bunch of safeties, dline and such. 

I don't love any WR really high.  I like what I am seeing Re TES 2nd round and lower but our top two picks which in most years would be just awesomely placed are in no mans land, maybe we can hope a QB or two flies up the board so we can trade.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Unlike previous years I hate the early part of the draft options for the jets in almost every mock.  I guess I have to wait for combine and all start games and pro days to see ho the list gets shaken up.

Right now we miss out on the top two pass rushers on every mock and are looking at Neal who I do not think Douglas will take and a bunch of safeties, dline and such. 

I don't love any WR really high.  I like what I am seeing Re TES 2nd round and lower but our top two picks which in most years would be just awesomely placed are in no mans land, maybe we can hope a QB or two flies up the board so we can trade.

A trade like what the Eagles did last year with the Dolphins would be amazing.

Trade down 6 spots, and pick up an additional 1 the following year.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Unlike previous years I hate the early part of the draft options for the jets in almost every mock.  I guess I have to wait for combine and all start games and pro days to see ho the list gets shaken up.

As it stand right now, I think we have to move up to land one of those top two pass-rushers = the "all-in", "save our jobs" approach for Saleh/JD to get our version of Nick Bosa.

Or we have to trade down to a team that needs Neal or one of the QB's. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

hopefully the normal QB rise pushes one of those top 2 pass rushers down to us.

• Upvote 3

I keep getting Hutchinson dropping to 4 on PFN simulator. This draft would make me jizz in my pants.

• NYJ
    Aidan Hutchinson
    EDGE Michigan

• NYJ
    Tyler Linderbaum
    OC Iowa
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Jaquan Brisker
    S Penn State

• NYJ
    Isaiah Likely
    TE Coastal Carolina

• NYJ
    Jahan Dotson
    WR Penn State
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Henry To'o To'o
    LB Alabama

• NYJ
    Jalyn Armour-Davis
    CB Alabama
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Owen Pappoe
    LB Auburn

• NYJ
    Trae Barry
    TE Boston College

Trade Details

CLE

Received:

• Pick 7 - DeMarvin Leal
    NYJ

Received:

• Pick 18
    • Pick 49
    • Pick 103

15 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

As it stand right now, I think we have to move up to land one of those top two pass-rushers = the "all-in", "save our jobs" approach for Saleh/JD to get our version of Nick Bosa.

Or we have to trade down to a team that needs Neal or one of the QB's. 

I'd trade down, because I dont think these pass rushers are a Bosa/Von Miller type of prospect.

• Upvote 1

New starting RG and C  (2022 Line of Becton/ AVT/ Patterson/ Green/Fant -  Patterson becomes the luckiest C on the planet playing between AVT and Green and the days of teams pressuring the middle of the Jets O line are over) 

Edge Rusher to start or add to the Lawson/Huff rotation

Starting LB and depth LB

Bigger RB (5'11"  220lbs) to pair with Carter and who has a history with our QB

New Dynamic Duo at TE with one (Ruckert)  who is a hellacious blocker too

Freakishly athletic physical 6'3" 205lbs CB who was a WR until last season

• NYJ
    Kenyon Green
    OG Texas A&M

• NYJ
    George Karlaftis
    EDGE Purdue

• NYJ
    Brandon Smith
    LB Penn State

• NYJ
    Jalen Wydermyer
    TE Texas A&M

• NYJ
    Jarrett Patterson
    OC Notre Dame

• NYJ
    Tyler Allgeier
    RB BYU

• NYJ
    Owen Pappoe
    LB Auburn

• NYJ
    Tariq Woolen
    CB UTSA

• NYJ
    Jeremy Ruckert
    TE Ohio State
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Edge Rusher

And the trade back draft to land Linderbaum making it Becton/AVT/Linderbaum/Johnson/Fant

Bigger Versatile RB in Spiller

TE Dynamic Duo

Starting LB and depth LB

Big physical athletic CB

• NYJ
    George Karlaftis
    EDGE Purdue

• NYJ
    Tyler Linderbaum
    OC Iowa
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Isaiah Spiller
    RB Texas A&M

• NYJ
    Zion Johnson
    OG Boston College

• NYJ
    Brandon Smith
    LB Penn State
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Martin Emerson
    CB Mississippi State

• NYJ
    Jahleel Billingsley
    TE Alabama

• NYJ
    Jeremy Ruckert
    TE Ohio State

• NYJ
    Terrel Bernard
    LB Baylor

• 2023 CIN 2nd
  • Trade Details

CIN

Received:

• Pick 7 - Evan Neal
    • Pick 111 - SirVocea Dennis
    NYJ

Received:

• Pick 17
    • Pick 48
    • 2023 CIN 2nd
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 12/16/2021 at 5:19 PM, Beerfish said:

Unlike previous years I hate the early part of the draft options for the jets in almost every mock.  I guess I have to wait for combine and all star games and pro days to see ho the list gets shaken up.

I think we will trade down with one of our firsts

31 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I think we will trade down with one of our firsts

We may want to consider doing this to push draft capital forward to 2023. Sliding down could put us in a better position to draft need at better value depending on how it falls. Given all the picks we already have adding additional picks in this draft may not be ideal - you don't really want to have too many rookies going into a season where we really need to start to see more W's. There's also the realistic possibility we're looking QB yet again in 2023, so having more draft capital there would be ideal. Even if we aren't looking QB in 2023, preserving that draft capital would be nice.

For example, if both the top pass rushers are off the board and some team offers us a 2023 first to slide down to the middle of the first we can target some of the next tier pass rushers, LBrs or top tier IOL like Linderbaum or Greene there. Hell - even the top safety would be more palatable if we took him mid first round.

I'm really hoping some QB's start pushing up to the top of the draft conversation so we can just have one of those top pass rushers fall to us. Pushing draft capital forward would be an ok consolation prize.

• Upvote 1

• NYJ
    Aidan Hutchinson: Hutchinson falls for some reason. No brainer here. 
    EDGE Michigan

• NYJ
    Ikem Ekwonu: I think Ekwonu will be a big time riser in the draft and end up as one of the top 3 OT/G prospects in the draft. Perfect versatile, plug and play lineman to add as the Jets continue to build their young, dominant offensive line. 
    OT North Carolina State

• NYJ
    Jaquan Brisker: Assuming Maye is gone the biggest weakness at one of the most critical positions on the Jets defense is Safety. Brisker is one of the most athletic, NFL ready safeties in the class and would make an immediate impact. I see him as a day 1 starter. 
    S Penn State

• NYJ
    Jalen Wydermyer: Now this isn't a selection I think the Jets would make. BUT if Wydermyer was still on the board, no way I pass on the best pass catching athlete at the TE position in this draft. Great target and weapon for Zach. Maybe not the best blocker or fit? I dunno. But as a receiving threat, who's skills should translate to the NFL, he is unmatched in this draft.
    TE Texas A&M

• NYJ
    Romeo Doubs: I could see Doubs as another X receiver prospect or potentially the guys we were hoping Mims would become. He has legitimate deep speed, great athleticism and size. 
    WR Nevada

• NYJ
    Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson: Big-bodied, athletic corner who reacts and tackles exceptionally well. Soli coverage skills. Good fit for Saleh's secondary. Keep adding skilled players to the CB corps. 
    CB TCU

• NYJ
    Kyren Williams: Jets add another RB to pair with Carter. 
    RB Notre Dame

• NYJ
    Channing Tindall
    LB Georgia

• NYJ
    Ali Gaye

First four picks turned out really well. Doubt we draft most of these guys though. It rarely works out this way. 

4 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

My latest:

image.thumb.png.b600aaa0a746f6339ef429906abc0a95.png

I loved leal before the season, but he’s been having a rough go at it. It seems like he gained a bunch of weight and lost some burst and quickness. Currently I wouldn’t touch him in the top 10. Maybe even top 15.  He has potential for sure tho I just don’t know if it’ll be edge or 3 tech 

• Upvote 1

New one for the week

image.png.ad0e016086067cafab6afecab1143594.png

Since the 2 top edges were off the board and I am not crazy about Karlaftis.  Traded down got the Jets/Wilson another weapon on offense and grabbed the 4th best edge in this class. 

Grabbed another edge later.  If the defense Saleh runs,  is predicated on the d-line being dominant and Carl Lawson being a question mark.   The Jets need to double dip here in a deep edge class.

Took Salyer as a RG.  Listed as a tackle on PFN,  but he is rated as a top 100 player at guard.  Can play tackle in a pinch also.

• Upvote 1

No trade offered out of 4.  Got out of 8 moving some draft capital to 2023 and picking up another 2nd.

122421mock.png.7adc6186880a7ba91655b50e0f0eb8c6.png

Trade Details

BAL

Received:

• Pick 8 - Andrew Booth Jr.
NYJ

Received:

• Pick 18
  • Pick 50
  • 2023 BAL 2nd
  • 2023 BAL 6th

Smoke Monday is an interesting mid-round S prospect. Good, fearless tackler with pretty good athleticism.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

I'm not going to lie, I left like an alcoholic falling off the wagon doing this. 

1830103991_ScreenShot2021-12-25at11_00_53AM.thumb.png.0e9688052ef7a98d125af7f8f476dbdb.png

Seems a bit early to me to take Metchie at 35.  Especially for a team like the Jets -- I don't want to take a guy that high who may not be ready for the start of the season.  Wilson needs weapons, I would rather not be picking a guy on day 2 that we knonw might have to miss a good chunk of the season.I might prefer a Wilson/Williams at 4 with Ojabo at 8, and then OL/LB at 35 & 40. 

Unless a couple of QBs shoot up draft boards throughout the process, 4 is kind of no man's land in this draft. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Lith said:

Seems a bit early to me to take Metchie at 35.  Especially for a team like the Jets -- I don't want to take a guy that high who may not be ready for the start of the season.  Wilson needs weapons, I would rather not be picking a guy on day 2 that we knonw might have to miss a good chunk of the season.I might prefer a Wilson/Williams at 4 with Ojabo at 8, and then OL/LB at 35 & 40

Unless a couple of QBs shoot up draft boards throughout the process, 4 is kind of no man's land in this draft. 

This is the general framework I'm starting to lean towards. Possible WR/edge flip flop and I think tight end and maybe safety are in play in round 2 as well. Wouldn’t be mad about another edge in round two either or someone like Travon Walker if he slides that far. But think this general idea makes the most sense.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Seems a bit early to me to take Metchie at 35.  Especially for a team like the Jets -- I don't want to take a guy that high who may not be ready for the start of the season.  Wilson needs weapons, I would rather not be picking a guy on day 2 that we knonw might have to miss a good chunk of the season.I might prefer a Wilson/Williams at 4 with Ojabo at 8, and then OL/LB at 35 & 40. 

At 4, the top 3 picks were Hamilton, Hutch and Thibs (yeesh). So it was Ikem or Neal for me (I don't think Saleh or Douglas value the CB position enough to pick one that high). I went with Ikem over Neal based upon what I read about each on TDN. Ikem seems like a very good fit for the wide zone and I think you can play him at RG for a season. 

I really wanted to grab an edge rusher with the next pick and I like what I've seen from Ojabo. 

At that point, I really wanted to grab a skill position player in the second. I came close to grabbing the Michigan State RB, but I didn't like his weaknesses in the passing game. I agree with your point about Metchie, but reading about his route running and YAC ability, he fits what the current Jets admin likes. While he may not contribute a lot as a rookie WR, that is often the case with that position anyway as they tend to flourish in year 2. 

• NYJ
    George Karlaftis
    EDGE Purdue

• NYJ
    Tyler Linderbaum
    OC Iowa
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    David Bell
    WR Purdue

• NYJ
    Brandon Smith