Jets/Jags week 1?

NO.  Just no.  Why?  How does that help Wilson or the Jets?   Why do you want our rookie QB having his debut on national TV vs the guy picked ahead of him?  I'd rather play them later in the season after the team learns the system and the new players start to mature.  Plus, there is no week 1 Monday night doubleheader this season. Add in that people outside of NYC and Jacksonville don't give a rat's ass about watching the two worst teams in the NFL in play on national tv in week 1.  And what if the Jets decide to start a veteran week 1?  That game will great ratings!  Foles vs Lawrence!  See the two teams that combined for 3 wins in 2020 battle it out in week 1 in 2021!  Not happening.  I prefer a 1 pm Sunday game against Tenessee or 4pm at Denver.  Fly under the radar for a while - like an entire season.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

21 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

NO.  Just no.  Why?  How does that help Wilson or the Jets?   Why do you want our rookie QB having his debut on national TV vs the guy picked ahead of him?  I'd rather play them later in the season after the team learns the system and the new players start to mature.  Plus, there is no week 1 Monday night doubleheader this season. Add in that people outside of NYC and Jacksonville don't give a rat's ass about watching the two worst teams in the NFL in play on national tv in week 1.  And what if the Jets decide to start a veteran week 1?  That game will great ratings!  Foles vs Lawrence!  See the two teams that combined for 3 wins in 2020 battle it out in week 1 in 2021!  Not happening.  I prefer a 1 pm Sunday game against Tenessee or 4pm at Denver.  Fly under the radar for a while - like an entire season.

"No guts, no glory"

I don’t care who they play. Hate night games. I know with the #2 pick qb they’ll get one or two- probably early. Hope that’s it though. Exception would be a late season Saturday night. Those are cool.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Oh boy we’re already scared to have our boy in the spotlight. My opinion is throw him in the deep end of the pool right off the bat on national tv, he’s on the big stage now. 

• Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

They have treatments for ED these days, might want to talk to your Doctor.

• WTF? 1

20 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'd prefer a 1pm Sunday home game that I think we can win. Bengals maybe.

Frankly, Jets vs. Jaguars has "Thursday Night Football" written all over it. Two bad teams but with an intriguing subplot they can sell.

I was going to post the same thing another Thursday night.  Like week 5 or 6. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What better way to start the season then have the number 1 and number 2 pick in the draft go head to head week 1?  Maybe even put it as the 1st game in the MNF doubleheader.

Get er done nfl.  Lawrence vs Wilson week 1!!!!!!

What a crappy way to kick off the season for the NFL and MNF.

A one win team vs a two win team.  No one outside of NY and maybe Jax cares about the #1 vs #2 drafted QBs

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Oh boy we’re already scared to have our boy in the spotlight. My opinion is throw him in the deep end of the pool right off the bat on national tv, he’s on the big stage now. 

This is spoken like a true provincial Jets fan. The NFL will not put this game on Sunday or Monday night week 1 or early in the season because they were the worst two teams in the NFL last season.  It will draw big for half of NYC and in Jacksonville - the smallest market in the NFL- and the rest of the NFL will be wondering why they aren't watching KC-Balt. or something similar.

14 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This is spoken like a true provincial Jets fan. The NFL will not put this game on Sunday or Monday night week 1 or early in the season because they were the worst two teams in the NFL last season.  It will draw big for half of NYC and in Jacksonville - the smallest market in the NFL- and the rest of the NFL will be wondering why they aren't watching KC-Balt. or something similar.

Ya never know. They put Sams first game on MNF. Obviously his first pass was a pick 6

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Has Thursday night written all over it!

The Amazon/Hulu age begins at the bottom

17 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Ya never know. They put Sams first game on MNF. Obviously his first pass was a pick 6

Exactly.  Lawrence vs wilson would crush the ratings of that jets/lions game.

Everyone would tune in to see the top 2 rookie qbs in the league.

Get er done nfl.  Jets/Jags week 1!!

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'd prefer a 1pm Sunday home game that I think we can win. Bengals maybe.

Frankly, Jets vs. Jaguars has "Thursday Night Football" written all over it. Two bad teams but with an intriguing subplot they can sell.

You don't think we can beat the Jaguars?  I know they look much improved, but yikes, this had better be thought of as winnable.  Otherwise there are very few games that look "winnable".  Even the Bengals, as ACL injuries aren't as bad as they used to be, and Burrow may well be ready to go.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What better way to start the season then have the number 1 and number 2 pick in the draft go head to head week 1?  Maybe even put it as the 1st game in the MNF doubleheader.

Get er done nfl.  Lawrence vs Wilson week 1!!!!!!

I think they will not force this match up but it will be a prime time game though as will a NE game

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You don't think we can beat the Jaguars?  I know they look much improved, but yikes, this had better be thought of as winnable.  Otherwise there are very few games that look "winnable".  Even the Bengals, as ACL injuries aren't as bad as they used to be, and Burrow may well be ready to go.

Oh, I absolutely think we can (and will) beat the Jaguars. They're objectively our "easiest" game, I think. But between them and the Bengals I'd probably prefer we didn't have pick 1 vs. pick 2 narrative for the very first game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Nah. Jets are going to be better than most expect. Going 8-9/9-8 or so. 

Jaguars will be a 4 win team.

Not this again.  The jets won 2 games last year.  A 6-7-8 game change is most likely not going to happen.  In reality, they probably finish last in the AFCE again - I’ll be happy with 6 win.

not happening in week 1. 

remember sams first year in week 3 we played Cleveland on TNF and Mayfield didnt even start. he did make his debut in the game. 

it wouldnt make sense for the networks to do it early unless there can guarantee they both will be starting.