Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What better way to start the season then have the number 1 and number 2 pick in the draft go head to head week 1?  Maybe even put it as the 1st game in the MNF doubleheader.

Get er done nfl.  Lawrence vs Wilson week 1!!!!!!

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

NO.  Just no.  Why?  How does that help Wilson or the Jets?   Why do you want our rookie QB having his debut on national TV vs the guy picked ahead of him?  I'd rather play them later in the season after the team learns the system and the new players start to mature.  Plus, there is no week 1 Monday night doubleheader this season. Add in that people outside of NYC and Jacksonville don't give a rat's ass about watching the two worst teams in the NFL in play on national tv in week 1.  And what if the Jets decide to start a veteran week 1?  That game will great ratings!  Foles vs Lawrence!  See the two teams that combined for 3 wins in 2020 battle it out in week 1 in 2021!  Not happening.  I prefer a 1 pm Sunday game against Tenessee or 4pm at Denver.  Fly under the radar for a while - like an entire season.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

NO.  Just no.  Why?  How does that help Wilson or the Jets?   Why do you want our rookie QB having his debut on national TV vs the guy picked ahead of him?  I'd rather play them later in the season after the team learns the system and the new players start to mature.  Plus, there is no week 1 Monday night doubleheader this season. Add in that people outside of NYC and Jacksonville don't give a rat's ass about watching the two worst teams in the NFL in play on national tv in week 1.  And what if the Jets decide to start a veteran week 1?  That game will great ratings!  Foles vs Lawrence!  See the two teams that combined for 3 wins in 2020 battle it out in week 1 in 2021!  Not happening.  I prefer a 1 pm Sunday game against Tenessee or 4pm at Denver.  Fly under the radar for a while - like an entire season.

"No guts, no glory"

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t care who they play. Hate night games. I know with the #2 pick qb they’ll get one or two- probably early. Hope that’s it though. Exception would be a late season Saturday night. Those are cool.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd prefer a 1pm Sunday home game that I think we can win. Bengals maybe.

Frankly, Jets vs. Jaguars has "Thursday Night Football" written all over it. Two bad teams but with an intriguing subplot they can sell.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

NO.  Just no.  Why?  How does that help Wilson or the Jets?   Why do you want our rookie QB having his debut on national TV vs the guy picked ahead of him?  I'd rather play them later in the season after the team learns the system and the new players start to mature.  Plus, there is no week 1 Monday night doubleheader this season. Add in that people outside of NYC and Jacksonville don't give a rat's ass about watching the two worst teams in the NFL in play on national tv in week 1.  And what if the Jets decide to start a veteran week 1?  That game will great ratings!  Foles vs Lawrence!  See the two teams that combined for 3 wins in 2020 battle it out in week 1 in 2021!  Not happening.  I prefer a 1 pm Sunday game against Tenessee or 4pm at Denver.  Fly under the radar for a while - like an entire season.

Oh boy we’re already scared to have our boy in the spotlight. My opinion is throw him in the deep end of the pool right off the bat on national tv, he’s on the big stage now. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

NO.  Just no.  Why?  How does that help Wilson or the Jets?   Why do you want our rookie QB having his debut on national TV vs the guy picked ahead of him?  I'd rather play them later in the season after the team learns the system and the new players start to mature.  Plus, there is no week 1 Monday night doubleheader this season. Add in that people outside of NYC and Jacksonville don't give a rat's ass about watching the two worst teams in the NFL in play on national tv in week 1.  And what if the Jets decide to start a veteran week 1?  That game will great ratings!  Foles vs Lawrence!  See the two teams that combined for 3 wins in 2020 battle it out in week 1 in 2021!  Not happening.  I prefer a 1 pm Sunday game against Tenessee or 4pm at Denver.  Fly under the radar for a while - like an entire season.

They have treatments for ED these days, might want to talk to your Doctor.

 

 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jags -27

Nah. Jets are going to be better than most expect. Going 8-9/9-8 or so. 

 

Jaguars will be a 4 win team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'd prefer a 1pm Sunday home game that I think we can win. Bengals maybe.

Frankly, Jets vs. Jaguars has "Thursday Night Football" written all over it. Two bad teams but with an intriguing subplot they can sell.

I was going to post the same thing another Thursday night.  Like week 5 or 6. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What better way to start the season then have the number 1 and number 2 pick in the draft go head to head week 1?  Maybe even put it as the 1st game in the MNF doubleheader.

Get er done nfl.  Lawrence vs Wilson week 1!!!!!!

What a crappy way to kick off the season for the NFL and MNF.

A one win team vs a two win team.  No one outside of NY and maybe Jax cares about the #1 vs #2 drafted QBs

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ur worried about wilson facing the jags but ok w/ him against  playoff titan team and a very good denver def.

Makes sense.

Whatever.  Jets/Jags is not going to be a week 1 prime time game because the match up stinks for ratings and there is no guarantee Wilson starts week 1.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Oh boy we’re already scared to have our boy in the spotlight. My opinion is throw him in the deep end of the pool right off the bat on national tv, he’s on the big stage now. 

This is spoken like a true provincial Jets fan. The NFL will not put this game on Sunday or Monday night week 1 or early in the season because they were the worst two teams in the NFL last season.  It will draw big for half of NYC and in Jacksonville - the smallest market in the NFL- and the rest of the NFL will be wondering why they aren't watching KC-Balt. or something similar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This is spoken like a true provincial Jets fan. The NFL will not put this game on Sunday or Monday night week 1 or early in the season because they were the worst two teams in the NFL last season.  It will draw big for half of NYC and in Jacksonville - the smallest market in the NFL- and the rest of the NFL will be wondering why they aren't watching KC-Balt. or something similar.

Ya never know. They put Sams first game on MNF. Obviously his first pass was a pick 6

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This is spoken like a true provincial Jets fan. The NFL will not put this game on Sunday or Monday night week 1 or early in the season because they were the worst two teams in the NFL last season.  It will draw big for half of NYC and in Jacksonville - the smallest market in the NFL- and the rest of the NFL will be wondering why they aren't watching KC-Balt. or something similar.

Has Thursday night written all over it!

The Amazon/Hulu age begins at the bottom

Link to post
Share on other sites

They’ll wait until at least Week 5 before putting these 2 on prime time, because they’ll want to ensure both are starting.

I’d say anywhere between Week 5-8. Both will be starting by then, and it’ll be before playoff push for good teams.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they want to pair us up with New England in Week 1 to showcase the 'rejuvenated Patriots' who will still suck

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Ya never know. They put Sams first game on MNF. Obviously his first pass was a pick 6

Exactly.  Lawrence vs wilson would crush the ratings of that jets/lions game.

Everyone would tune in to see the top 2 rookie qbs in the league.

Get er done nfl.  Jets/Jags week 1!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'd prefer a 1pm Sunday home game that I think we can win. Bengals maybe.

Frankly, Jets vs. Jaguars has "Thursday Night Football" written all over it. Two bad teams but with an intriguing subplot they can sell.

You don't think we can beat the Jaguars?  I know they look much improved, but yikes, this had better be thought of as winnable.  Otherwise there are very few games that look "winnable".  Even the Bengals, as ACL injuries aren't as bad as they used to be, and Burrow may well be ready to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What better way to start the season then have the number 1 and number 2 pick in the draft go head to head week 1?  Maybe even put it as the 1st game in the MNF doubleheader.

Get er done nfl.  Lawrence vs Wilson week 1!!!!!!

I think they will not force this match up but it will be a prime time game though as will a NE game

Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN is not wasting their Week #1 ratings on the two worst teams in the league during the 2020 season.  Figure Cowboys with Dak back or Packers if Rodgers is still there and drama continues...

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You don't think we can beat the Jaguars?  I know they look much improved, but yikes, this had better be thought of as winnable.  Otherwise there are very few games that look "winnable".  Even the Bengals, as ACL injuries aren't as bad as they used to be, and Burrow may well be ready to go.

Oh, I absolutely think we can (and will) beat the Jaguars. They're objectively our "easiest" game, I think. But between them and the Bengals I'd probably prefer we didn't have pick 1 vs. pick 2 narrative for the very first game.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Nah. Jets are going to be better than most expect. Going 8-9/9-8 or so. 

 

Jaguars will be a 4 win team.

Not this again.  The jets won 2 games last year.  A 6-7-8 game change is most likely not going to happen.  In reality, they probably finish last in the AFCE again - I’ll be happy with 6 win.

Link to post
Share on other sites

not happening in week 1. 

remember sams first year in week 3 we played Cleveland on TNF and Mayfield didnt even start. he did make his debut in the game. 

it wouldnt make sense for the networks to do it early unless there can guarantee they both will be starting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...