TC Updates -- Wed Aug 4

Lith

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Schadenfreude post of the day.  Version 2. 

I hate quoting Incarcerated Bob, but it seems appropriate here.

Sam had a good showing yesterday and not a word here.  And he wasn’t bad today at all.  People are rooting for him to fail

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

We own Carolina’s 2nd and 4th round picks this year, so yeah.  We all should be rooting for Darnold to fail in 2021.

Making the right pick in the second round is more important than where we pick.  We know this from the Jet history in the 2nd round 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Sam had a good showing yesterday and not a word here.  And he wasn’t bad today at all.  People are rooting for him to fail

Only reason I posted that was in response to the guy trolling the thread about Darnold.  Only time I really care about what Darnold is doing is when we play them week 1.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, ttujet said:

he's using voice to text to tweet.. Allows him to fire off a bunch of tweets and still keep his eye on the action but at the expense of typos and spelling errors.

PS. Putting someone in a blender is basically running such a perfect route that you make the defender turn around in circles. I learned that from Deion Sanders.

Perhaps, but he is a writer, so that’s no excuse.

You don’t see any of the other writers making countless errands .   

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Jets Practice Recap - 8/4/21

04 AUGUST 2021

The Jets were on the field for another training camp practice on Wednesday with media and fans on hand.

Here's what else went down during practice, based on media reports and tweets from those in attendance:

• Chuma Edoga, who hurt his knee yesterday, did not practice;
  • Alijah Vera-Tucker spent practice in the rehab area. Dan Feeney took over as the first team left guard in his absence but Alex Lewis also saw time there;
  • In 1-on-1 drills, Elijah Moore had two touchdowns and Blessuan Austin had a leaping interception;
  • There was a minor dust-up in the first team period with Jarrad Davis in the middle of it;
  • Brandin Echols got some first team reps in place of Bryce Hall but was flagged in coverage;
  • The offense mostly worked on runs initially with Tevin Coleman breaking a long run, but then Zach Wilson hit on a nice downfield throw to Keelan Cole, who beat Isaiah Dunn;
  • Elijah Moore beat Echols and caught a 30-yard pass from Wilson;
  • Mike White hit Ryan Griffin for 45 yards and a touchdown down the seam;
  • Wilson had an unsuccessful 11-on-11 series in the red zone but Denzel Mims wrestled a James Morgan pass away from Jason Pinnock in the end zone;
  • Carl Lawson and Elijah Campbell had would-be sacks;
  • Zane Lewis intercepted White on a pass that deflected off Griffin's hands; and
  • Wilson finished strong by completing 7 of 8 in the red zone with six touchdowns, including four to different tight ends.

After practice, Robert Saleh confirmed that both Vera-Tucker and Jabari Zuniga are day to day with a pec and ankle respectively.

There is another practice tomorrow at 10:20 a.m. ET. Check back here for more coverage.

4 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

With three quality slot receivers in berrios, crowder, and moore, it'll be interesting to see how creative we can get in the redzone. A lot of different ways to win with the personnel we have especially factoring in bigger bodies like cole, davis, and mims . 

I could see them doing a lot of 4 wr stuff with 2 inside and 2 outside guys. Just a balanced pick your poison game where Wilson should know prior to the snap where he's going based on the matchups and the coverage after pre-snap motion.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I could see them doing a lot of 4 wr stuff with 2 inside and 2 outside guys. Just a balanced pick your poison game where Wilson should know prior to the snap where he's going based on the matchups and the coverage after pre-snap motion.

I think the rbs are going to be all over the field, lining up in the slot as well as in the backfield.  The more quick guys out there who can catch the harder it is to defend.  I think the rbs are going to be catching a lot of passes this year.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

So your logic here is no one can EVER be very good in a practice?

My logic is there is no reason to be excited about a rookie qb throwing 6 td's in 7 on 7 during training camp. It is was it is.... but nothing to get excited about. 

Where did you get EVER from? you said what would it take, I told you. 

3 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

My logic is there is no reason to be excited about a rookie qb throwing 6 td's in 7 on 7 during training camp. It is was it is.... but nothing to get excited about. 

Where did you get EVER from? you said what would it take, I told you. 

I wrote what does it take for him to say he "Very Good" and you wrong "doing it during a game"

That reads pretty clearly to me that the only way he would be very good is if he did it during a game.  

How would you read that?

Seems like common sense.

4 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Perhaps, but he is a writer, so that’s no excuse.

You don’t see any of the other writers making countless errands .   

Agreed but I'll definitely take the constant play by play updates over a few typos. I think we can all agree that so far during camp he's been the most consistent with the updates. 

10 hours ago, David Harris said:

I'm on draft kings but can't figure out how to bet on ROTY??  Help please

I'm on the Moore train

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/nfl/offensive-rookie-year-odds/

I'm not sure, I didn't see it on draft kings, I got the odds quick from this site. I'm assuming you're in a state where you're on their sports book app, not the fantasy football one right? 

I live in NY, so I haven't bothered downloading the sports book app. I'm not much of a gambler whatsoever but if he's that kind of long shot it's temping to throw a couple bucks in this early before the rest of the country learns his name lol. 

Realistically though, Moore could have an amazing season for us and not come close to rookie of the year. The poster that mentioned the QB focus in the voting is absolutely right. Is Moore even made the conversation as a finalist for OROY it would mean Wilson would probably be the real candidate. 

• Sympathy 1