Time will tell going forward, but it was exciting to see

hawk

5 minutes ago, David Harris said:

The Mims mystery continues. One pass his way, 40 yards, done.  He could’ve tried to get a TD but instead was content to step out of bounds.  

The O Line was a complete embarrassment. 

zach looked very good when not getting crushed. Pressure from every direction all day.

Maybe there was a reason he dropped 50 spots in the draft that online scouts weren't aware of and taking him wasn't the stroke of genius it was made out to be.

13 minutes ago, David Harris said:

The Mims mystery continues. One pass his way, 40 yards, done.  He could’ve tried to get a TD but instead was content to step out of bounds.  

The O Line was a complete embarrassment. 

zach looked very good when not getting crushed. Pressure from every direction all day.

Like just send him deep every play

• Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, hawk said:

The Jets play better after halftime.

Wilson had every excuse to shelter in place, but he showed a lot of grit.

What did you see?

WTF?

Grit?

Outside of garbage time (last 4 minutes of the game), Zach and the whole team looked like hot trash.

• Thumb Down 1

30 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yeah I'm a huge nihilist and as pessimistic as they come, but any objective person can see that Zach looked pretty good today, especially considering

- 5-6 receiver drops

- Turnstyle Becton (Then out)

- Turnstyle AVT

- Turnstyle GVR

- 2 big plays wiped out by penalties

- Huge rebound from monster sack

When we drafted Darnold, the Jets had a stellar first game, and then downhill from there. Maybe after losing this close one, it's all uphill. 

Enough with the freaking excuses.

Decades of excuses, don’t some of you get tired of it?

Excuses for this damn franchise are retirement age for goodness sake. I’m tired of it. 

Excuses for Pennington, Excuses for Sanchez, Excuses for Darnold. Excuses for Zach. Damn never ending carousel of excuses.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

Zach got his head banged really bad towards the end of the game.  He needs to do a better job of getting rid of it 

This exactly, welcome to the NFL Zach.  

Otherwise he looked competent to me.

Take Macaffery away from Carolina and their offense looked like a Sam Darnold offense. Very Pedestrian…Still can’t believe Sam did not throw an interception.

I was impressed by Saleh’s composure, attitude, and awareness throughout the game. He may just lead us to the promised land. (A win.)

I HATE LOSING, gonna be a long week.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Facts said:

WTF?

Grit?

Outside of garbage time (last 4 minutes of the game), Zach and the whole team looked like hot trash.

I disagree, I know that we were playing against Darnold but our Defense(A bunch of children and Mosley) kept us in the game.

They do have a decent offense other than their QB, and they won. If our stinking Offensive Line could have given Wilson a chance, we may have won the damn game. Our Special Teams actually looked Special for once. 

Our team got beat, no argument, but every time we got kicked in the face we got back up and stayed in it. And that, my friend, is not a statement I have said about the Jets in a Long Long time.

Stay thirsty my friends………..

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Facts said:

Excuses for this damn franchise are retirement age for goodness sake. I’m tired of it. 

Excuses for Pennington, Excuses for Sanchez, Excuses for Darnold. Excuses for Zach. Damn never ending carousel of excuses.

There arent any excuses in what I typed. It is an objective statement of what happened in the game. 

• Upvote 3

What did you expect from a rebuilding team? Win 41-0? At least we were competitive. D looks great and will only get better.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

59 minutes ago, hawk said:

What did you see?

The same.....

+ A horrible, definitely NOT fixed O-line.

+ Limited talent at RB (O-line a factor)

+Mims a ghost till one play late. 

+Elijah Moore a butter fingers in his debut.  Guess we have to hold off a week on the RotY award?

+A Defense that let up a ton to McCaffrey, but still overall held them to under 20.  A positive all things considered.

+Amendola maybe can handle Punter AND Kicker duties if/when Mann is IR'd?  Save us a roster spot to sign another O-lineman?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The same.....

+Elijah Moore a butter fingers in his debut.  Guess we have to hold off a week on the RotY award?

+A Defense that let up a ton to McCaffrey, but still overall held them to under 20.  A positive all things considered.

+Amendola maybe can handle Punter AND Kicker duties if/when Mann is IR'd?  Save us a roster spot to sign another O-lineman?

Well said homeboy!

• Upvote 2

Its far too early to jump on anything, it’s been one game.

Wilson oooked nervous, but barely had any protection, which was concerning.

The defence was excellent for most parts, and that was a real bonus. 

Saleh needs time, this isn’t a Gase situation, where we’ve literally taken a reject from a divisional rival, this is a rookie, who needs to see who can step up.

Next week will be interesting, but that second half was much, much better.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I get what you are saying but the o line is trash the receivers didn’t show up. 

We don’t quit I guess but man that was bad 

Cole was out; Moore missed all of preseason and most of training camp. Mims barely played.  That left Davis, BB and Jeff Smith.   What exactly were you expecting from that group?  Especially with Zack having no running game and zero time to throw?  Also AVT missed all of camp too, so to say he was rusty was an understatement.  LeFleur has his work cut out for him next week in trying to fashion some sort of respectable run game.   If not it could get ugly next week.  BTW Davis played pretty well.  BB is well BB; I don't really expect much from him and wasn't disappointed. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

The same.....

Moore missed most of camp and all preseason. I am not really worried about his ability to hold on to the ball.  Mims has to more a factor, period.  When ever we throw to him it seems good things happen.   I don't care who we would have had a running back.  They were not getting squat behind the offensive line today. 

McCaffrey is an All pro caliber player who they played pretty well for the most part until the got gassed in the Carolina heat.  The offense did them no favors in this regard, especially in the first half.  

AVT missing all camp definitely hurt the OL but we can't use that as an excuse for the overall abysmal performance of the line.   Every team we play is going to follow the same formula as Carolina.  Stifle the run game and pin back their ears rushing the passer.   LeFleur really has his work cut out for him...   

I like out young defense and think it is only going to get better as the season goes along.  Again, we need the offense to keep them off the field for decent stretches so they don't gassed by the second half.   Not sure if they are capable of that but maybe when we get Cole back and Moore and AVT gets more comfortable, the offense will start to flow a little better.   I think Fant looked Good and Moses should get better as well.   Just one game but it shows this team has a long way to go to become playoff contender.  On the plus side, I am very excited about Zach Wilson and what he can become.  He showed some real Cajones out there today.  Taking a beating and never giving up.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hawk said:

What did you see?

A Disgrace of an OL, no matter how good Zach is it won’t matter behind this group. Preseason was exactly that preseason. I would be embarrassed as a Coach a GM and of course an owner but it’s obvious where that sh*thead is. Déjà vu  with just anotherQB. Did anyone see the Pats offense? That’s what a competent team looks like, **** the high horse BS because I said something  good about the Patriots who looked great game one, ready to play agains a good fins D. 

24 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

A Disgrace of an OL, no matter how good Zach is it won’t matter behind this group. Preseason was exactly that preseason. I would be embarrassed as a Coach a GM and of course an owner but it’s obvious where that sh*thead is. Déjà vu  with just anotherQB. Did anyone see the Pats offense? That’s what a competent team looks like, **** the high horse BS because I said something  good about the Patriots who looked great game one, ready to play agains a good fins D. 

Pats scored 16 points and we scored 14 - our second half performance just needs to translate into a full game. Lots of first time starters to boot - the Pats signed a ton of free agent veterans and didn't fare much better. Carolina's D is very good too.

4 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Pats scored 16 points and we scored 14 - our second half performance just needs to translate into a full game. Lots of first time starters to boot - the Pats signed a ton of free agent veterans and didn't fare much better. Carolina's D is very good too.

Regardless of points scored they looked in control, poised and efficient with a rookie QB. Yes they fumbled it away but that was on the RB. We looked overwhelmed and not in sync whatsoever. 

10 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Regardless of points scored they looked in control, poised and efficient with a rookie QB. Yes they fumbled it away but that was on the RB. We looked overwhelmed and not in sync whatsoever. 

They were at home. Lets see how they do in NJ. I like the Jets chances next week.

3 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Did you actually watch the game? jeez 

Garbage besides a handful of plays, no better then last year. It was all hype but same results. Feel good BS that’s what the Jets are the best at. Saleh’s  press conference, he should be apologizing to Zach for not getting him killed. Absolute embarrassment. 

Oline was legit horrific. Wilson overall looked the part. With all the investment towards the defense its amazing how they dont have any playmakers. Williams was rookie invisible Williams. 

Becton is a bust. Moore looked like a guy who didnt play in preseason. Same with AVT. Just not enough of anything from the last two drafts.

• Upvote 1

Why is it we only blame personnel or GM for the line play? When does coaching of the o-line enter the discussion? Seems to me that Moses, Fant, and GRV are known to be OK, but not great players. AVT is a top prospect and Becton has shown flashes.

What we saw was horrible, period. To spare the coaching from blame here seems inappropriate.