Jump to content

Zach Wilson is on pace......


Recommended Posts

To be SACKED 85 times this season. Just saw that on YouTube. Has there ever been a QB sacked that many times in a season? It bears mentioning that JD MUST do something about the OL. If that keeps up? Our franchise QB will be mangled? Maimed? For the rest of his life and he'll never reach his potential. He'll probably be reduced to an invalid walking around in a stupor with a few marbles rolling around in his head......

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Wait a second here.....are you telling me Wilson has been getting sacked alot?!?!?

Well I'll be darned.

I hadn't noticed!  Thanks for pointing this out!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

To be SACKED 85 times this season. Just saw that on YouTube. Has there ever been a QB sacked that many times in a season? It bears mentioning that JD MUST do something about the OL. If that keeps up? Our franchise QB will be mangled? Maimed? For the rest of his life and he'll never reach his potential. He'll probably be reduced to an invalid walking around in a stupor with a few marbles rolling around in his head......

So…..you put the Kool aid glass down and now joined the rest of us???

Zach would succeed with at least 16 teams….   We ruin QBs. We draft like HS kids. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warfish said:

This thread brought to you by the school of "Jim hit two home runs on opening day, he's on pace to hit 324 homers this season!"

Speaking of homers, maybe this OL will turn it around and not get sacked the remaining 14 games?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Warfish said:

This thread brought to you by the school of "Jim hit two home runs on opening day, he's on pace to hit 324 homers this season!"

Baseball play 162 games. NFL play 17.

 

3 games in baseball doesnt mean anything,  3 games in the NFL is already a chunk of the season over.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Warfish said:

This thread brought to you by the school of "Jim hit two home runs on opening day, he's on pace to hit 324 homers this season!"

3 out of 17 is a lot bigger sample size than 1 out of 162 but I get the point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zach Wilson
New York Jets · QB

What I like: As the No. 2 overall pick, Wilson has everything you want in a franchise quarterback, and I've seen some good things from him early, despite poor results. He's athletic enough to escape pressure, the route concepts are there and he's delivered some accurate passes. Unfortunately, the Jets have 11 drops through three games (second-most in the NFL, behind Pittsburgh's 12).  

 

What I dislike: In addition to a rookie quarterback, New York also has a rookie offensive coordinator. There's a reason Robert Saleh brought Mike LaFleur with him to New York; the offensive system LaFleur learned under Kyle Shanahan in San Francisco is meant to put the offense one step ahead of the defense. But that's not what I'm seeing from the Jets right now. Based on my own experience as a rookie QB, I'm guessing this is because Wilson is watching film on the sideline and making adjustments after the fact -- and then by the time he gets out there again, the defense has already changed. (Of course, back in 2002, I was looking at pictures on the sideline instead of video.) I remember constantly working to ensure I had answers for everything at the line of scrimmage: What if a receiver falls down? What if my receiver isn't in the right spot? Who's my go-to if the play goes off-schedule? The list was endless.

 

Wilson appears to be getting to the end of his progression and freezing up because, for one reason or another, he's run out of options -- and he's paying the price for it. According to Next Gen Stats, heading into Monday Night Football, there were 91 sacks in the NFL this season that took more than 4.5 seconds from snap to tackle, with Wilson accounting for a league-high eight such sacks. He needs some help from his play-caller and supporting cast.


From NFL.com article
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

So…..you put the Kool aid glass down and now joined the rest of us???

Zach would succeed with at least 16 teams….   We ruin QBs. We draft like HS kids. 

That’s an insult to high school kids across the country. I guarantee I could get a few 17 year old fantasy football nerds who watch a little college ball together that would draft better than the Jets. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:
s paying the price for it. According to Next Gen Stats, heading into Monday Night Football, there were 91 sacks in the NFL this season that took more than 4.5 seconds from snap to tackle, with Wilson accounting for a league-high eight such sacks. He needs some help from his play-caller and supporting cast.

From NFL.com article

and Wilson has been sacked 15 times right?  so more then half of his sacks are coverage sacks or WRs not getting open.

so maybe this line isnt as bad as we thought. he should not be holding the ball that long.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...