Urban Meyer caught cheating on his wife, issue apology to team

Rhg1084

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1. This is TMZ level melodrama reporting.

2. What I saw in that video is hardly "cheating", unless you're 11 years old and hand-holding is the height of your relationship experiences.

3. I'm not his wife, why do I care?

4. He doesn't work for the Jets, why do I care?

5. I curious why anyone thinks the Jags players would care? Players do 10x this kind of junk every weekend, including some with wives.

Yet douchebag in an open marriage felt the need to publicly appoligize.  

Some players do lie to their wives and some wives lie to their husbands.  It's also not a stretch to think that someone who lies to their most intimate person wouldn't also lie to everyone else.  For every member of the team to know your HC is a liar is different than knowing the TE is a liar.  It impacts the entire team psych.   Meyer is also a hypocrite who demands moral charachter out of his players.   He's being laughed at and that's not a great place for the HC of a football team to be in.   

Why do I care?  As a Jets fan basking in the misery of being a Jets fan, I love the company.  There's also some delight in seeing this kind of morality fraud expossed for the hypocrite he is.   You can't be the morality police and get cought with your pants down.  It's the first rule of the morality police handbook.  

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I dont know what to tell you, buddy.  I live in Jax.  I'm surrounded by this.  I listen to local radio everyday.  I have very very strong ties to the organization.  Nobody cares about this. Nobody bought into his image.  Everyone knew he was scumbag with no morals.  Everyone.  They didnt care because they thought he could build a winner.  

Of course they knew.  That changes when stupid actually gets cought with his pants down.  Everyone tolerate foibles and human weakness until it's public.  The fact that he's not winning makes this a lot easier.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Yes.  100% confirmed to be true.  He said he stayed behind to see his "grand children" - and instead, he went out partying.

Trust me, dude, that's all anyone cares about.  It's not the cheating, nobody gives a **** about that.  

That's completely absurd and clearly a much bigger deal to players than him partying/cheating on his wife.

Imagine anyone else in the org not returning with the team after a loss.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

You could make the argument that if you had virtue you wouldn't need faith. The less virtue the more faith you actually need. 

You can make that argument....regardless of faith tho those who scream the loudest usually have the most to hide.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1. This is TMZ level melodrama reporting.

2. What I saw in that video is hardly "cheating", unless you're 11 years old and hand-holding is the height of your relationship experiences.

3. I'm not his wife, why do I care?

4. He doesn't work for the Jets, why do I care?

5. I curious why anyone thinks the Jags players would care? Players do 10x this kind of junk every weekend, including some with wives.

I mean, the finger over the jeans up the butt part was pretty bad.

And in any case, its more about there being something every week with Urban.  If it was just this alone, yeah, probably not a big deal at all.  

• Upvote 1

Urban Meyer would appear to me to be a 57 year old man who is drinking too much.  It has rotted his soul.  The interactions with the young women are just a symptom.   People are focusing on the wrong thing.

I have seen this happen many times.   My guess is that this was also the underlying “health issue” he has claimed before.  

Who cares about the cheating.  If Khan was smart he would be focusing on the booze and the ability of UM to do his job.  If Khan is lucky he will be able to get UM to resign and get out of the guaranteed money he is owed.  

• WTF? 1

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, the finger over the jeans up the butt part was pretty bad.

And in any case, its more about there being something every week with Urban.  If it was just this alone, yeah, probably not a big deal at all.  

The week of our first win under Saleh, Wilson and Co., and the top thread on JN, with by far the most pages of replies, is a 13-year-old-girl-gossipy-TMZ thread about Urban f'ing Meyer fingering some jeans.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

So eating 32 tacos, drinking 17 Modelo drafts and passing out in the rest room is considered cheating? Well….. I owe someone a few dozen apologies. 

Cheating on your diet? Yes. I recommend moderation. Remove two beef tacos and add two fish tacos for the omega 3 content. I'd cut back to 10 Modelo drafts and substitute seven tequilas with a twist of lemon for added vitamin C. 

The Jags owner didn’t exactly give Meyer a vote of confidence. Unless there is more to it dancing suggestively with a young woman isn’t cheating on your wife. But all the press coverage over several months on Meyer hasn’t been good press it shows a conflicted person having problems on the job and now maybe personally. Maybe true maybe not. I was surprised when he took the job after having medical problems that caused him to leave two big programs. He is a great college coach and you’d think he can coach in the NFL. He can but not if he has issues and that could be the case. 

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Unless there is more to it dancing suggestively with a young woman isn’t cheating on your wife.

This is not open for interpretation. Diddling a women who is not your wife is cheating. The only exception is if there is explicit consent from your wife to diddle other women. Do you think you would be so understanding if a man was diddling your wife at a bar?

• Upvote 4

0Pk9ZoK__bigger.jpg

News: The Jaguars were aware Urban Meyer would be staying behind in Ohio after last week's loss to the Bengals. What they didn't expect was their head coach to go viral in videos that have since been viewed over 1 million times. Damage control in Jacksonville:

9fpKBX4u-Qi3szya.jpg

0Pk9ZoK__bigger.jpg

The incident happened Friday night but didn't go viral until it was posted Saturday. Meyer received a call from GM Trent Baalke Saturday night about what transpired, and he described the conversations with him and ownership as "supportive."

We have tried to come up with another example of a coach not traveling back home with the team and it's virtually unheard of. Parcells did not fly back with the Patriots after the loss to Green Bay in the Super Bowl in 97, he would not coach another game for New England.

31 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The week of our first win under Saleh, Wilson and Co., and the top thread on JN, with by far the most pages of replies, is a 13-year-old-girl-gossipy-TMZ thread about Urban f'ing Meyer fingering some jeans.

JN is somehow less entertaining after wins these days.  It's like we don't know what to do after a W. 

String a few W's together and maybe we'll get back to our 2015 days.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

JN is somehow less entertaining after wins these days.  It's like we don't know what to do after a W. 

String a few W's together and maybe we'll get back to our 2015 days.

This is exactly it. It feels like the world is upside down when we win

• Upvote 1