****OFFICIAL JETS VS FALCONS GAME THREAD/CONTINUE TO GET BETTER****

After watching the game what I saw were Atl receivers get open and Ryan hit them.  Didn’t see that for the Jets for the most part.  Ryan really wasn’t pressured while Zack did receive some pressure mostly because he couldn’t/didn’t find an open receiver.

• Upvote 1

Watching other teams play the Falcons, there are receivers running wide open everywhere.  I am definitely not saying Zach didn't play terribly, but it certainly didn't look like we took advantage of their secondary like every other team in the league does.

That’s because we run the same routes every week. Everyone has our playbook. The only time we score is off the off schedule plays that a not supposed to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Logging off this now cuz the emotions are crazy as usual. Some are warranted for sure but it’s a lot. 

Biggest thing for me is how terrible they are in 1st quarter because that’s consistent. At first I put it on Lafleur but it’s Zach too. He’s not hitting the easy throws. 

oh well not trying to ruin my Sunday 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

?

Man, I respectfully disagree. I feel like we were watching two completely different teams…. and one of us was blind… and it wasn’t me.

The only consistency I have seen is our defense consistently giving up third down conversions and our offense consistently unable to sustain drives.

Perhaps you are correct.

However, I see a team that has been in the game, despite the QB, 4 out of 5 weeks.

What this team needs right now is consistent game managing from the ROOKIE QB.  Hopefully, with some experience we can begin to depend on him to be a game changer.  I do not know if he ever will, but I do know if he keeps playing this way the team will regress.

I saw a defense that was on the field for 35 minutes still fighting, against a smart QB.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tfine said:

That’s because we run the same routes every week. Everyone has our playbook. The only time we score is off the off schedule plays that a not supposed to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Play design does seem to be am issue...defender run the routes better sometimes...

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

This team is going nowhere

thank God the Knicks are good and the Yankees are the Yankees.  The Jets are the most badly mismanaged team in North America and it’s not close

praying for Arch in 3 years

The Yankees suck too given their payroll.  One and done without a whimper.

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

Bart just had the line of the day. “I have as good a shot at the roulette wheel as Cory Davis has of catching the ball.”

Bart is reliable like that week after week.  He should be on the coaching staff.  Has always told it like it is.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, rbstern said:

Game was really hard to watch.

Zach Wilson looks bad on pedestrian NFL throws that 2nd string QBs make in their sleep.  Also, trouble with decision making on when to pull it down and run.  He's young, he's being tutored by a young staff, and he's got a very young team around him.  

What I really question:  Why this team doesn't have a veteran 2nd string QB to help both Wilson and LaFleur.  Wilson needs to be sitting for a few weeks, studying an experienced QB playing in this system.  Unfortunately, that's not possible.  That's on Joe Douglas.

And the defense was a total mess this week.  Heavy zone reliance against a veteran QB and a group of receivers who wouldn't win a lot of one-on-one matchups.  And that fierce front four just disappeared, including Franklin-Myers, who had 55 million reasons to take some time off.

Just ugly.  One step forward and two steps back.

Today was a day that cried out for a Josh Mccown or Joe Flacco. 

24 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

In what way is Zach like in kindergarten?

Just isnt good at going thu his progressions. Locks on WR's. Looks uncomfortable in pocket. He's a huge work in progress to be complete.  They really need to simplify the game plan and work at improving his flaws in teh 10-15 yeard pass game like BB is doing with Jones. 

No sacks for Jets D today 2 sacks for Falcons. Actually an improvement for Zach who is one of leading NFL QBs in times sacked. PS I just looked it up. Before today we were next to last in NFL averaging 4 Qb sacks allowed per game. Last is Tenn probably because of 7 Jets sacks last week. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Go away. You’re in for a rough two weeks if you don’t like negative posts, newb. 

SAR I

Says the guy who kisses Gase's toes. And I've been watching football before you were playing with your hot wheels. There's a reason Gase is coaching High School. And he isnt even the HC lol he's the OC. LOL  

Yeah the Jets are not playing well - but trying to blast Saleh to prop up Gase is just beyond moronic.  Jets went 2-14 last year in Gase's 2nd year. And was entirely responsible for destroying Darnold.  Every football analyst cringed when talking about Gase.  Yet you continue to polish his knob. Are you his wife or something?

17 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

I'm right about you sucking Gase off.

I feel bad for you.

You built your entire Jets platform around the belief that Adam Gase was the reason this team was so bad.  And now that we're an even bigger league joke and now that we've got a bust QB and a terrible OC, all you can do is talk about Gase.  "But but but we can't be bad, it was Gase Gase Gase, wasn't it?"

SAR I

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Says the guy who kisses Gase's toes. And I've been watching football before you were playing with your hot wheels. There's a reason Gase is coaching High School. And he isnt even the HC lol he's the OC. LOL  

Yeah the Jets are not playing well - but trying to blast Saleh to prop up Gase is just beyond moronic.  Jets went 2-14 last year in Gase's 2nd year. And was entirely responsible for destroying Darnold.  Every football analyst cringed when talking about Gase.  Yet you continue to polish his knob. Are you his wife or something?

Again, all you can do is talk about Adam Gase.

He's not here.  Blabbing constantly about your ex-girlfriend doesn't change the fact that your new girlfriend is worse.  You were dead wrong.  Everything you ever said, in fact, has been dead wrong.  Maybe you should stop talking.

SAR I