****OFFICIAL JETS VS FALCONS GAME THREAD/CONTINUE TO GET BETTER****

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I feel bad for you.

You built your entire Jets platform around the belief that Adam Gase was the reason this team was so bad.  And now that we're an even bigger league joke and now that we've got a bust QB and a terrible OC, all you can do is talk about Gase.  "But but but we can't be bad, it was Gase Gase Gase, wasn't it?"

SAR I

you are one weird dude.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Again, all you can do is talk about Adam Gase.

He's not here.  Blabbing constantly about your ex-girlfriend doesn't change the fact that your new girlfriend is worse.  You were dead wrong.  Everything you ever said, in fact, has been dead wrong.  Maybe you should stop talking.

SAR I

you give the word weird new meaning. We'll wait for your next post of how gase was so much better blah blah blah.  WEIRDO

44 minutes ago, hawk said:

Perhaps you are correct.

However, I see a that has been in the game despite the QB 4 out of 5 weeks.

What this team needs right now is consistent game managing from the ROOKIE QB.  Hopefully, with some experience we can begin to depend on him to be a game changer.  I do not know if he ever will, but I do know if he keeps playing this way the team will regress.

I Saw defense that was on the field for 35 minutes still fighting, against a smart qb.

Good post.

That was the one thing I cited in a post earlier this week.... that Matt Ryan would be the most experienced and savvy QB the Jets have faced this season.  Despite missing some weapons Matty Ice had enough with Patterson, Pitts, Davis, etc. to get the job done against as secondary fielding guys like Neasman, Ashtyn Davis, and rookies like Echols, MCII, etc.  The difference in this game was that our pass rush was nonexistent and a young secondary couldn't hold up against a precise sharp-shooter like Matt Ryan.  He may be old but he was surgeon out there today, carving up the Jets.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Maynard13 said:

you are one weird dude.

You are one ignorant dude.

Mike Maccagnan's team won 7 games in 2019, finishing 6-2.  

Since that moment, Joe Douglas' team is 3-18.

You keep chasing that Adam Gase windmill.  That's not the Jets problem.  The Jets problem is that we have an awful GM who not only can't pick players but decided to make a premature Hail Mary change at HC and QB and set the franchise back another 3 years.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

One of the good things about this game was the two point conversion. I also liked the clutch 49 yard FG at end of the game. The onside kick on the other hand wasn’t even close. 

mika-zibanejad.jpg

Mika for 8 years was the only good thing today.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You keep chasing that Adam Gase windmill.  That's not the Jets problem.  The Jets problem is that we have an awful GM who not only can't pick players but decided to make a premature Hail Mary change at HC and QB and set the franchise back another 3 years.

SAR I

Macc?  LOLOLOL OMG you are priceless.Please just stop. If Gase did anything right it was telling Macc to **** off which I did in Macc's 1st year. Doesnt take a brain surgeon to see Macc was way way way over his head, as was Gase.  Yet you try to spin this stupid argument that we are all against Gase for no valid reason. WTF is that? And you've been doing it since he was hired and then fired LOL. 

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Would have 2 rings at least if his organisation’s incompetence didn’t rival our own.

We all know they should have 1 ring. I was in Spain that day and listened to first half on my phone. Went to sleep at half time 5 hours later than in states and couldn’t believe it when I woke up in middle of the night and found out that final score. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

We all know they should have 1 ring. I was in Spain that day and listened to first half on my phone. Went to sleep at half time 5 hours later than in states and couldn’t believe it when I woke up in middle of the night and found out that final score. 

Matt Ryan choked

1 hour ago, ausman said:

One alarming thing about Wilson’s postgame comments:  not enough sense of personal responsibility.

I've noticed that Zack says 'we' an awful lot when he should say 'I' when referring to what went wrong. Even if it's obvious that's it's not his fault it's better for the FQB to take responsibility. 

4 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Who told you that? Especially nowadys.  Shutdown CB is probably the most important position nest to the QB intoday's NFL.

I was referring to a thread on this forum.

I want excellent players at all the premium positions and I'd take a shutdown CB any day all day and any D co-ord that can't figure out a way to use a shutdown CB should be fired. 

I'm watching RedZone right now.

And I see more passes that aren't precise being caught by WR's - catches that Jets seem to never come up  

There are more good catches than there are perfect throws.

Again, it's easy to call them bad throws when they drop them - but they're throws NFL WR's are supposed to make.  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

No reason to give up, but certainly it’s ok to get concerned. @JiFapono been screaming this since we drafted him. Of course everyone roasted him, but he wasn’t wrong. Personally I think the kid can pull it together but I hope he starts soon. 

Didn’t watch it.  Got the game recorded.  He was bad while I was watching.  It didn’t get better? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Today was a game/calamity most of us older fans have seen a hundred times before and could have predicted.   But what bothers me the most is how quickly so many jump on various bandwagons.   Just ridiculous.  This team, GM, coaches, D, O and QB are really, really bad right now.  Awful even.

The bagage of history and preconceived ideas.  

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I needed a good laugh today 

9 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Today was a game/calamity most of us older fans have seen a hundred times before and could have predicted.   But what bothers me the most is how quickly so many jump on various bandwagons.   Just ridiculous.  This team, GM, coaches, D, O and QB are really, really bad right now.  Awful even.

I am a devoted Jets fan for 53 years now, and although I have not drank the Kool-aid, I did expect the Jets to win the game today against Atlanta.

It is my view that the Jets are a very fragile team.  When the Jets defense stopped Atlanta on the first series of the game on third down, and the referee incorrectly called a roughing the penalty flag on the Jets on 3rd down, I felt that the Jets were deflated, and it lingered for throughout the entire 1st half of the game.

The Jets aren't good enough to overcome bad calls and bad plays.  They need positive momentum, and any negative plays seem to destroy that positive momentum at the drop of a hat.

I initially expected the Jets will win 6 games this year, but I guess I predicted too high of a win total.

• Sympathy 1

I wouldn't quite call this a trap game because you have to be good to be trapped, but this was a Jets classic. This game was tailor-made for the Jets to win. and they came out of the gates stale. Today's loss was a confluence of many failures by this team. LaFleur needs to script better plays, but his rookie QB cannot be missing open receivers. LaFleur has to remove any play that involves throwing the ball across the field behind the line of scrimmage. You are fooling nobody. Veteran WRs need to hold on to less than perfect throws, but the QB needs to at least reach them. The offensive line has been offensive. This team cannot run the ball successfully twice in a row. A nice run is followed up with a defender meeting up with the running back behind the line of scrimmage. The lack of sustained offensive drives is burning out the defense, but the defense needs to get off the field faster, so there is always that. 

If you were expecting anything other than what happened today you are either an eternal optimist, or haven't seen a Jets game before today. I'm not even mad. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Warfish said:

Says the guy who has posted the word "Gase" more than any other poster on JN since his firing.

I am constantly criticized about my support of Coach Gase.

That's fair.

That also means that I can use his name to defend said criticism and that everyone else is open to criticism for supporting his awful, regressing replacement.

That's fair too.

SAR I

5 hours ago, Facts said:

Mac > Wilson 

At least so far.

And it’s not even close.

You might disagree with me on this, but I think it has a lot to do with the coaching and the organization.

If Mac was on the Jets, I seriously doubt we would be better than 1-4, perhaps 2-3 at maximum.  If Zach was on the Pats, he would look better than what he has so far.  That is just my humble opinion.