Year the Jets can realistically move on from Wilson, Saleh, and Douglas

10 minutes ago, funaz said:

Do we need to give them time? What has more time done for any of the past regimes?

Most people knew Sam was trash at the end of year two, everyone knew at the beginning of year three.

If you have a bad product throw it out, don’t sink more resources trying to fix a dud

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

After five games? I would say Lafleur could use a mentor they can bring in to help him learn his position as an offensive coordinator

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

Gase wasn’t fired until he completed his second season, the second worst in team history. But yeah, unfair treatment and such. 

The “Fire Adam Gase“ movement dude started posting in this forum after our Week 4 loss with a third string quarterback. It took them a few weeks to get the money from fans to fly the plane.

SAR I

For a competent franchise you’d hold people accountable ASAP. Douglas especially would be on thin ice for the garbage he’s brought into the building. 

Wilson will get another year unless he somehow gets even worse and there’s an extremely highly touted QB available in our pick. Seems unlikely.

Saleh will get another year unless he doesn’t win another game.

10 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

If Zack Wilson is a bust I think its time we cancel the QB position for this franchise and just play rugby rules

If Zach fails Jets need to try a different approach. If you can’t build it, buy it. Trade for or sign a QB in FA.

• Upvote 2

What separates successful organizations from the ones that are constantly in rebuild mode is continuity throughout. Each time the slate gets cleaned someone comes in trying to do their version of building a winner. One reason this organization has suffered is how it was structured. We endured several arraigned marriages between GM and HC, HC and OC, HC and DC. We had both GM and HC reporting to the owner. This is not the typical structure of a NFL organization. This is why I give Chris Johnson credit for reestablishing traditional structure. 

Another reason for struggle is the development of players that we draft, or lack of player development. How many picks from previous years remain on the roster? Every time a new HC is hired, they have certain type of players they covet. They remove players here not fitting that makeup and scheme they intend running.

I can at least relate to the vision of the current regime. They bring in high character players, those that love the game. They plan on developing the players that they draft. According to Salah, they don't have any jerks. They can be cancerous when things don't go right.

We are on the outside looking inward. I believe that they trust each other without much dissension. We have the youngest team in the NFL, giving the most minutes to rookies. Why is that? Because they are in it for the long haul. Again, this regime has nothing to do with the past problems associated with the history. The players here have very little to do with what happened before.

When matched against opponents having veterans, we learn on the fly. Inconsistencies are expected. Yet we come expecting competitive games. I am guilty too. We are starving for wins, any signs of life. But the reality here is there are no quick fixes. Would we rather see them play close to 500 and miss blue chip players in next years draft thinking we don't need a lot of changes here because of the strong finish? That's fools gold, see 2019.

We were told early this is a process. They are showing exactly that. It will get worse before it gets better. If Salah says he sees improvement then the team is doing what is asked. Does that translate into wins? Not yet. But I believe in the process. It's a change from what was here. This too shall pass. I rather see slow and steady instead of quick take offs followed by crash and burn. We deserve better. We just need to wait. Too many new parts to judge in entirety.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, SteveAoikiAsics said:

I had high hopes for this regime, but I think they are in BIG trouble. If this kid can’t make accurate passes under pressure why was he drafted second overall? Last time I checked professional golfers can transfer their skills on the driving  range to the tee box.

That’s why they are professional golfers!

Wilson may need turn his career around, but it’s going to take a monumental off-season. I don’t think it’s going to get much better in season. 

If ZW continues to be the worst QB in the NFL after 2022 can the Jets move on? I believe Douglas and Saleh should go with him if that’s the case. 

Hey Rob-why don’t you call Rich Kotite to see if he can help out on offense? The 80s Jets were fun to watch. 

You always go back to your fundamentals,’’ Jets head coach Robert Saleh said. “He’s working on it daily, I promise you. And he’s going to get better at it and he’s very deliberate about it. It’s trusting it when bullets are flying. It’s very easy to stand at the driving range and hit 300-yard drives.

“It’s: Can you do it when you’re on the tee box and there’s water to your left and sand to your right? And that’s just something that he’s got to work on, that’s something the coaches have to work on and everybody has to work on. When he hits it, it’s going to be pretty cool when it does.’’

When can we start dismissing unrealistic fans?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Atlantajet333 said:

What separates successful organizations from the ones that are constantly in rebuild mode is continuity throughout. Each time the slate gets cleaned someone comes in trying to do their version of building a winner. One reason this organization has suffered is how it was structured. We endured several arraigned marriages between GM and HC, HC and OC, HC and DC. We had both GM and HC reporting to the owner. This is not the typical structure of a NFL organization. This is why I give Chris Johnson credit for reestablishing traditional structure. 

Another reason for struggle is the development of players that we draft, or lack of player development. How many picks from previous years remain on the roster? Every time a new HC is hired, they have certain type of players they covet. They remove players here not fitting that makeup and scheme they intend running.

I can at least relate to the vision of the current regime. They bring in high character players, those that love the game. They plan on developing the players that they draft. According to Salah, they don't have any jerks. They can be cancerous when things don't go right.

We are on the outside looking inward. I believe that they trust each other without much dissension. We have the youngest team in the NFL, giving the most minutes to rookies. Why is that? Because they are in it for the long haul. Again, this regime has nothing to do with the past problems associated with the history. The players here have very little to do with what happened before.

When matched against opponents having veterans, we learn on the fly. Inconsistencies are expected. Yet we come expecting competitive games. I am guilty too. We are starving for wins, any signs of life. But the reality here is there are no quick fixes. Would we rather see them play close to 500 and miss blue chip players in next years draft thinking we don't need a lot of changes here because of the strong finish? That's fools gold, see 2019.

We were told early this is a process. They are showing exactly that. It will get worse before it gets better. If Salah says he sees improvement then the team is doing what is asked. Does that translate into wins? Not yet. But I believe in the process. It's a change from what was here. This too shall pass. I rather see slow and steady instead of quick take offs followed by crash and burn. We deserve better. We just need to wait. Too many new parts to judge in entirety.

I'm down as long as we stay away from processed cheese.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

The horses asses were the people who thought Adam Gase was the problem with this franchise and that his removal would immediately make things better.

Oops.  

SAR I

I don't know who thought it was immediate. Not me.

Oops this jerko.

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Umm, they flew planes and bought billboards for Adam Gase after 4 games and he lost his starting quarterback to mono.  

SAR I

Get over Gase.

Hes gone, thankfully and never will coach again after he f'up the Jets

The looney idea that the reason his record sucked and he was fired because Darnold had mono is ridiculous.  Only one person would even bring it up

Gased was universally hated with reason

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, jgb said:

If Zach fails Jets need to try a different approach. If you can’t build it, buy it. Trade for or sign a QB in FA.

I'm all for trading for Watson, he could get an endorsement deal from Hand & Stone plus he can even have his own speciality massage called the "Watson".

13 hours ago, LSJF said:

After five games? I would say Lafleur could use a mentor they can bring in to help him learn his position as an offensive coordinator

I think that was the plan but unfortunately Gregg Knapp was killed in the preseason 

5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

For a competent franchise you’d hold people accountable ASAP. Douglas especially would be on thin ice for the garbage he’s brought into the building. 

Wilson will get another year unless he somehow gets even worse and there’s an extremely highly touted QB available in our pick. Seems unlikely.

Saleh will get another year unless he doesn’t win another game.

No one is looking to start over with CS and GM theyre trying to build continuity as every successful team has done.  Theyre not thinking like goofy fans who start threads when we can fire everyone after 5 games.  Fortunately

Even more to the point we're not replacing Zach or thinking about it after 5 games.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I'm all for trading for Watson, he could get an endorsement deal from Hand & Stone plus he can even have his own speciality massage called the "Watson".

Lol. It would be absurd after the reaction to Gruden for — among other things — using a word for female anatomy to call Goodell a wimp (breathlessly reported as “misogyny” in the media) to allow Watson — an actual sexual assaulter of women — to take a snap in the NFL.

He is done.

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No one is looking to start over with CS and GM theyre trying to build continuity as every successful team has done.  Theyre not thinking like goofy fans who start threads when we can fire everyone after 5 games.  Fortunately

Even more to the point we're not replacing Zach or thinking about it after 5 games.

Joe Douglas has been here for 37 games. Not 5.

I just said we’re not thinking about replacing Wilson right now.

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Joe Douglas has been here for 37 games. Not 5.

I just said we’re not thinking about replacing Wilson right now.

JD is viewed everywhere as someone doing it right.  Whether anyone believes it here or not.  The mindless rants of some arent how this org is viewed outside of this board.  

29 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I don’t think its time to push the panic button yet. 

The loss of Coach Knapp is clearly exposing an unseasoned LaFleur.

They will need to bring in a QB vet with a strong track record or an entirely new OC all together next year if this continues.

This.

Knapp was viewed league wise as an offensive great for his work with young QBs and with the passing game.  He would have mentored LaFleur and was to be the passing game coordinator.  

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, THE BARON said:

The Jets can beat NE if Wilson does not turn the ball over.  Or more to the point, if LaFleur has a good plan for Wilson to execute and that plan involves producing yardage/points before the game is 3/4 of the way over and Wilson executes the plan meaning no unforced turnovers. 

the patsie game was pretty easy for the patsies.  they simply took away davis and dared the jets to run.  there was no crowder and mims was scratched and they singled moore or whoever else the jets threw in.  the patsies are beatable.  it's not going to be easy because they are playing for win 3 to even their record.  they'll be ready.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This.

Knapp was viewed league wise as an offensive great for his work with young QBs and with the passing game.  He would have mentored LaFleur and was to be the passing game coordinator.  

i think losing knapp was huge.  he probably would've given lafleur and wilson some good insight.  it's not like saleh picked lafleur in a vacuum.  it could be he was counting on having lafleur and knapp for the offense.  this might've worked a whole lot better than what we are seeing now.

17 hours ago, SteveAoikiAsics said:

I had high hopes for this regime, but I think they are in BIG trouble. If this kid can’t make accurate passes under pressure why was he drafted second overall? Last time I checked professional golfers can transfer their skills on the driving  range to the tee box.

That’s why they are professional golfers!

Wilson may need turn his career around, but it’s going to take a monumental off-season. I don’t think it’s going to get much better in season. 

If ZW continues to be the worst QB in the NFL after 2022 can the Jets move on? I believe Douglas and Saleh should go with him if that’s the case. 

Hey Rob-why don’t you call Rich Kotite to see if he can help out on offense? The 80s Jets were fun to watch. 

You always go back to your fundamentals,’’ Jets head coach Robert Saleh said. “He’s working on it daily, I promise you. And he’s going to get better at it and he’s very deliberate about it. It’s trusting it when bullets are flying. It’s very easy to stand at the driving range and hit 300-yard drives.

“It’s: Can you do it when you’re on the tee box and there’s water to your left and sand to your right? And that’s just something that he’s got to work on, that’s something the coaches have to work on and everybody has to work on. When he hits it, it’s going to be pretty cool when it does.’’

This place is becoming unbearable. 

• Upvote 1

Most hyperbolic pendulumic fanbase in sports.

Last week we win a game and people  are pissing themselves with joy and thoughts of grandeur, now after a loss we're back to this ****.

For those of you crying for heads already... you're a smooth brain if you think that is going to solve anything. You are naive to think this season is going to be anything  other than  growing  pains, that's on you for not looking reality in the face.

I'm tired of your incessant whining. Go into hibernation it will do you some good ... you need the sleep. Good day.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

The horses asses were the people who thought Adam Gase was the problem with this franchise and that his removal would immediately make things better.

Oops.  

SAR I

Regardless of what the problem “really” was,  Gase’s firing is still roundly celebrated.

10 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

This place is so schizo. Last week Zach was “my Quarterback” and ready for induction into the HOF. Now you want to trade him. It’s just funny is all it is. 

I don't find it that funny.  

I still don't get the LaFleur hate.  I watch a QB bounce multiple balls at the RBs feet on plays that would obviously roll for decent gains and I can't blame the OC.  They have had some good plays.  They have not all been "off-script."  The kid just needs to execute them.  

I was not a fan of Wilson pre-draft.  I will say that from what I have seen I am happy enough with him.  He has a long way to go, but I am satisfied that he has enough arm and he has a very nice release.  He also seems big enough and not as frail as he looks in street clothes.  Unfortunately, he seems very much like Sam,, with his footwork all over the map.  I think I like his mentality a little better and he reset the contract clock.

I knew the D wasn't that good yet and find it laughable that people swing from Saleh being a defensive genius to in over his head so quick.  They have a way to go and they playing guys at safety that weren't with the team in camp.  Why does any of this surprise people? 

• Upvote 1