Year the Jets can realistically move on from Wilson, Saleh, and Douglas

I had high hopes for this regime, but I think they are in BIG trouble. If this kid can’t make accurate passes under pressure why was he drafted second overall? Last time I checked professional golfers can transfer their skills on the driving  range to the tee box.

That’s why they are professional golfers!

Wilson may need turn his career around, but it’s going to take a monumental off-season. I don’t think it’s going to get much better in season. 

If ZW continues to be the worst QB in the NFL after 2022 can the Jets move on? I believe Douglas and Saleh should go with him if that’s the case. 

Hey Rob-why don’t you call Rich Kotite to see if he can help out on offense? The 80s Jets were fun to watch. 

You always go back to your fundamentals,’’ Jets head coach Robert Saleh said. “He’s working on it daily, I promise you. And he’s going to get better at it and he’s very deliberate about it. It’s trusting it when bullets are flying. It’s very easy to stand at the driving range and hit 300-yard drives.

“It’s: Can you do it when you’re on the tee box and there’s water to your left and sand to your right? And that’s just something that he’s got to work on, that’s something the coaches have to work on and everybody has to work on. When he hits it, it’s going to be pretty cool when it does.’’

• Thumb Down 35
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SteveAoikiAsics said:

I had high hopes for this regime, but I think they are in BIG trouble. If this kid can’t make accurate passes under pressure why was he drafted second overall? Last time I checked professional golfers can transfer their skills on the driving are ante to the tee box.

Wilson may need turn his career around, but it’s going to take a monumental off-season. I don’t think it’s going to get much better in season. 

If ZW continues to be the worst QB in the NFL after 2022 can the Jets move on? I believe Douglas and Saleh should go with him if that’s the case. 

Hey Rob-why don’t you call Rich Kotite to see if he can help out on offense? The 80s Jets were fun to watch. 

You always go back to your fundamentals,’’ Jets head coach Robert Saleh said. “He’s working on it daily, I promise you. And he’s going to get better at it and he’s very deliberate about it. It’s trusting it when bullets are flying. It’s very easy to stand at the driving range and hit 300-yard drives.

“It’s: Can you do it when you’re on the tee box and there’s water to your left and sand to your right? And that’s just something that he’s got to work on, that’s something the coaches have to work on and everybody has to work on. When he hits it, it’s going to be pretty cool when it does.’’

The current regime of Douglas and Selah are going to be around until at least the end of the 2023 season.  Wilson may or may not get benched this or next season.  I tend to think Wilson will not get benched this year due to a lack of a suitable replacement being on the roster.  For Wilson it is sink or swim.  

There are a thousand moving parts involved in the poor performance we have seen. So many, that it is almost impossible to zero in on anything.

I'm seeing LeFleur as the largest issue right now, but who the hell knows.  Wilson could have issues even in practice and LeFleur cant run any sort of an offense we'd like.  Or perhaps, LeFleur is just out of his depth.

The defense has not been bad all the time.  I tend to think Saleh can be a good HC, but he is learning on the fly.  He may or may not have a handle on what LeFleur is doing and may or may not have the chops to fix it.

There are just way too many problems going on from poor drafting by JD to bad play by Wilson to suspect offensive scheme by LeFleur.

Its a mess. 

• Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, SteveAoikiAsics said:

I have been patient. 11 years without the postseason. 

steve we all have.

but these guys just got here. give it a chance.

there are no more legendary coaches to come here and snap his fingers and make us good in a year. you get rid of these guys your getting another 1st time HC and GM. so why not stick with them for a little more than 5 games

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, SteveAoikiAsics said:

I had high hopes for this regime, but I think they are in BIG trouble. If this kid can’t make accurate passes under pressure why was he drafted second overall? Last time I checked professional golfers can transfer their skills on the driving  range to the tee box.

If this is where you are after 5 games with a rookie HC and rookie QB, I really don't know what to say - other than this:

if THIS regime really does need to be changed, you may as well stop following the team. Not because I have faith in Douglas-Saleh-Wilson, but because the Johnson's are never selling. They are one the common thread in this decade plus of failure.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I think the earliest it will happen is at the end of next season. More realistically, after 2023 season. We'll start hearing rumors during the season, and if they throw up a stinker of a year they'll be gone on black Monday.

I've been impressed with Douglas for the most part. Made some good draft picks (Becton/AVT/Hall) and some great UDFA/waiver wire moves (Guidry/Huff/Q. Williams/JFM). He's had some misses, and we're waiting for some to show (Mims/Moore/Carter/Carter/Echols).

Having said that, everything falls on Wilson. If he ends up being a bust, I don't think JD will be given the opportunity to draft another QB.

22 minutes ago, Latinlawyer said:

Wow all this after 5 games??? We have hit some lows in fandom now. Guys and gals, we have to give this QB/Coach/GM some time. Not all the pieces in place yet. Let's be patient. 

LL

Umm, they flew planes and bought billboards for Adam Gase after 4 games and he lost his starting quarterback to mono.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

17 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

The current regime of Douglas and Selah are going to be around until at least the end of the 2023 season.  Wilson may or may not get benched this or next season.  I tend to think Wilson will not get benched this year due to a lack of a suitable replacement being on the roster.  For Wilson it is sink or swim.  

There are a thousand moving parts involved in the poor performance we have seen. So many, that it is almost impossible to zero in on anything.

I'm seeing LeFleur as the largest issue right now, but who the hell knows.  Wilson could have issues even in practice and LeFleur cant run any sort of an offense we'd like.  Or perhaps, LeFleur is just out of his depth.

The defense has not been bad all the time.  I tend to think Saleh can be a good HC, but he is learning on the fly.  He may or may not have a handle on what LeFleur is doing and may or may not have the chops to fix it.

There are just way too many problems going on from poor drafting by JD to bad play by Wilson to suspect offensive scheme by LeFleur.

Its a mess. 

There is no part of the team, and no player (or coach), that is blameless at this stage. Everything needs to be improved - some bits more than others, but like you say it's tricky to zero in on anything.

Hopefully the bye week can bring about marked improvements. Imagine how this board would sound if we beat NE in two weeks? We'd be playoff bound just like last week, and then some! :D 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jamesr said:

There is no part of the team, and no player (or coach), that is blameless at this stage. Everything needs to be improved - some bits more than others, but like you say it's tricky to zero in on anything.

Hopefully the bye week can bring about marked improvements. Imagine how this board would sound if we beat NE in two weeks? We'd be playoff bound just like last week, and then some! :D 

The Jets can beat NE if Wilson does not turn the ball over.  Or more to the point, if LaFleur has a good plan for Wilson to execute and that plan involves producing yardage/points before the game is 3/4 of the way over and Wilson executes the plan meaning no unforced turnovers. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, SteveAoikiAsics said:

its week 5 right?

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, SteveAoikiAsics said:

Actually this quote is exactly why Zach isn't going anywhere.  Saleh has said this or something just like it for the past few weeks.

ZW is making all the throws in the practice, he's accurate, precise and decisive.  Problem is, right now, he's not doing it in the games.

It's clear the games are moving faster.  What Saleh seems to think, based on this quote, is that it's just a matter of time before things do slow down for him and he starts making these throws...and then it's going to be special.

I sure hope he's right.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

The Jets can beat NE if Wilson does not turn the ball over.  Or more to the point, if LaFleur has a good plan for Wilson to execute and that plan involves producing yardage/points before the game is 3/4 of the way over and Wilson executes the plan meaning no unforced turnovers. 

For a moment there I thought we had a chance ... now I'm not so sure! :D  

Being serious though, if the Texans can play them close there's no reason we can't. It'll be interesting to see how we play after a bye week too - I remember under Rex we were terrible after the bye, it would be nice to see an improved performance for once, that suggests all those "great" practices can actually translate into better gameday performance.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SteveAoikiAsics said:

I am already saving up money for banners to get our next GM fired. 

Wow all this after 5 games??? We have hit some lows in fandom now. Guys and gals, we have to give this QB/Coach/GM some time. Not all the pieces in place yet. Let's be patient. 
LL

Do we need to give them time? What has more time done for any of the past regimes?

Most people knew Sam was trash at the end of year two, everyone knew at the beginning of year three.

If you have a bad product throw it out, don’t sink more resources trying to fix a dud

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Thumb Down 4

Anyone who trains in a field with a high level of intensity and pressure knows that “intern year” is rough no matter how talented you are. And the amount gained in one to two years isn’t even evident until you see the next “rookie class”.  Some people make it and some just suck at the end of it, and there are signs during the process that need to be addressed and taught; but they deserve a grace period. 

• Upvote 1