The overreaction to everything at 1-6 is so 2021

johnnyjet

I’ve been waiting as long as most.  I’m 56.  I wanna win now....but I think what we have in place here now is the best future we have had in a long time.  What works against this regime is that the team has sucked forever.  This year it almost feeel like an expansion team. I’ll give them 2 full years with an option on the 3rd. Gotta get better by the end of the year and show it. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

This is one of the dumbest things I ever see said about NFL players. Every player in the NFL can flash or make plays. They made it to the highest point of their profession. However, flashing a few plays a game isn't enough to make you a good NFL player.

Consistency is what matters and his hasn't improved so far. So no matter what amazing throws he can make (remember the same is said about Darnold and his ability to make off-script plays). None of it will matter unless Zach becomes more consistent which is why we keep hearing about his ability to make the short throws. 

7 games.  7. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Being forced to wait does not mean you were patient. 

We still have a sizeable minority who argue that Sanchez could've been good "if only." That isn't to mention Darnold.

We are too patient. Especially with QBs.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

We have now become a world of instant gratification.  A results now society.  So ask your self this, when was the last time a rookie QB, with a rookie HC,DC and tragically lost his QB mentor, played lights out. I understand the play calling has been crap.  But Zach has flashed.  Made throws the likes of which we haven’t seen since Joe Willie.  He’s a rookie.  Just like Justin Fields and trey Lance and Mac Jones etc.  Mac is in a better established system with an all world HC. By this time next year I think we will all feel a lot better about where this team is headed.   That’s just my 2 cents.  
Let’s not forget all the other season ending injuries on this team this season.  

Look at all the over reactors giving you a thumbs down. Give the kid a chance - he was looking really good in the game before he got hurt. Are most fans oblivious to the fact we basically ran out of linebackers due to injury? It's too bad we've gotten crushed with injuries yet another year. Imagine having a full year with Lawson, Becton, Mosley, Joyner playing in most games. Add two top 10 picks and I'm hoping we'll have a major turnaround next year and compete for a playoff spot. We have way more rookies playing than any other team - and the coaches are rookies too. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

43 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

We have now become a world of instant gratification.  A results now society.  So ask your self this, when was the last time a rookie QB, with a rookie HC,DC and tragically lost his QB mentor, played lights out. I understand the play calling has been crap.  But Zach has flashed.  Made throws the likes of which we haven’t seen since Joe Willie.  He’s a rookie.  Just like Justin Fields and trey Lance and Mac Jones etc.  Mac is in a better established system with an all world HC. By this time next year I think we will all feel a lot better about where this team is headed.   That’s just my 2 cents.  

I hear you. I'm still quite positive on Zach. The two throws he made right before getting hurt were two more examples of what he can do which, IMO, makes him special.

That said, you can, of course, understand the frustration. It's basically every year. And when you're 1-4 and Mike White trots out onto the field.....that's not great. At 1-5 with Mike White at the helm and Wilson out for indeterminate amount of time, 1-16 looks obvious.

Now with Wilson out 2-4 with Flacco to, I guess, fill the gap and then maybe be a good mentor, that feels a little better.

Also, it's not like Zach Wilson at current abilities would mean a ton more wins, but at least he'd get a chance to develop, show more of those unique abilities, etc.

I am now rambling. I think I'm with you in hoping Wilson is the one, and in seeing that he's shown us evidence and some reason for that hope. But I also totally get Jets fans being down in the dumps. It's every freaking year....

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The alarm is not 1-6 at all .

The alarm is looking awful and getting blown out by mediocre teams like the pats.

Like last year we are not in games and the team is getting worse.  On top of it we see stupid things like the Flacco move.

If the Jets were 1-6 but putting up a tiger like fight no one would be that upset.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I was going to post this exactly. Qhat we witnessed  Sunday should sound alarm bells. We got blown out of the stadium by a team trying to find its own way.  That is a major insult to everyone who roots for this team. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

First off, every team has dealt with injuries to starters. It's no excuse. 
Second, I am a very patient fan but I expected, at least, our Defensive minded Head Coach to have a borderline respectable defense. This defense has been bad all year.

Third, it really bothered me that Saleh would talk about how good the defense was doing after Bashing the offense/Wilson. Which every idiot fan bought into. Saleh should have been throwing his defense under the bus and not the rookie and Lafleur. 

Saleh should have been saying "Hey, we have a rookie QB that is learning and improving and our defense needs to make more plays and give Zach better field position." Instead it seems like Saleh is fine with a defense that is at the bottom of the league in forced turnovers, 3 and outs forced and punts forced. 

Finally, after the horrible performance in the first half against the Ridley-less Falcons and the embarrassment against a rookie QB last week that people are finally seeing that the Saleh-defense is a fraud. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

We still have a sizeable minority who argue that Sanchez could've been good "if only." That isn't to mention Darnold.

We are too patient. Especially with QBs.

There is a fine line between being too patient and being foolishly impatient. 

A smart franchise gives a rookie QB at least 2 full years to see what they have in the kid unless that kid is Josh Rosen-esque bad and you have the chance to draft a kid like Kyler Murray. 

• Upvote 4

We are the only team in the league that can't score points or get a first down and this is the first time in the history of football a QB coach has been blamed for an entire franchise not being able to function properly.  Also anyone who thinks Wilson looked good before getting injured because he connected on a shovel pass doesn't know what they are watching he was his usual chaotic mess before he got hurt.

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

This Is Fine GIF by Erste Bank und Sparkasse

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

First off, every team has dealt with injuries to starters. It's no excuse. 
Second, I am a very patient fan but I expected, at least, our Defensive minded Head Coach to have a borderline respectable defense. This defense has been bad all year.

Third, it really bothered me that Saleh would talk about how good the defense was doing after Bashing the offense/Wilson. Which every idiot fan bought into. Saleh should have been throwing his defense under the bus and not the rookie and Lafleur. 

Saleh should have been saying "Hey, we have a rookie QB that is learning and improving and our defense needs to make more plays and give Zach better field position." Instead it seems like Saleh is fine with a defense that is at the bottom of the league in forced turnovers, 3 and outs forced and punts forced. 

Finally, after the horrible performance in the first half against the Ridley-less Falcons and the embarrassment against a rookie QB last week that people are finally seeing that the Saleh-defense is a fraud. 

It's an absolute fraud. This "defense" has given up 1000 yards of offense in the last 2 weeks, 550 against a mediocre Pats team with a rookie QB after a bye week. Disgusting. Saleh is just a bad coach. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

From a record perspective, the Jets are exactly where I expected them to be.  From an eye test, this is worst Jets Football team I've ever seen, the QB is the worst in the NFL and the coaching staff is completely ******* clueless.  So, yeah sure, no reason to get frustrated about the record but the rest?  How on earth do you think this is fine?  This entire fanbase was trying to figure out why we didnt sign a veteran QB all offseason and the ****ers, just traded for a QB who was on the team last year.  The incompetence this regime is showing, is unrivaled at this point. 

I still can't figure out why they didn't sign a cheap vet backup to be a mentor/security blanket in case of injury. Now they have to give up a 6th to sign a guy that was on the roster last year. Total F'ing incompetence. Every draft pick in this league has value, even 6th rounders. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Ok, may he RIP but let’s stop with the whole lost his mentor excuse. He knew Knapp for what, 2 months?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The length of time they knew each other as nothing to with it. It is the Knapp’s RIP skill set of developing QBs, which LaFleur and Saleh have none, that is missing.

Knapp most likely would have had a positive impact on the development of LaFleur as an OC as well.

2 minutes ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

The length of time they knew each other as nothing to with it. It is the Knapp’s RIP skill set of developing QBs, which LaFleur and Saleh have none, that is missing.

Knapp most likely would have had a positive impact on the development of LaFleur as an OC as well.

That is a great point, one I honestly can't even remember being brought up here or anywhere else for that matter.

• Upvote 1