Odell done in Cleveland (update: released)

Rhg1084

Browns have essentially three options on the table: 

- They can attempt to mend fences with a private meeting to clear the air over whatever issues are lingering, including the video and comments posted by Beckham Sr.

- Cleveland could choose a far less-palatable option of deactivating Beckham but keep him on the roster the remainder of the season (while also paying him), similar to what the Houston Texans are facing with Deshaun Watson.

- The Browns could offer Beckham his outright release in exchange for some of the $8 million he’s owed for the rest of the season. This solution could be a win for both sides, giving Beckham the freedom he wants (at least into waivers) while giving Cleveland the ability to retain some salary-cap space in the process.

• Upvote 2

If cut, he will be subject to waivers and the claiming team will need to pick up his $8M salary. 

If he clears waivers, the Browns need to pay him. 

I'm pretty sure we are #2 on the waivers.  If we want him there's just one stupid team in the way. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Dude is a straight up cancer, living off one amazing catch (That QBs seem to be able to do these days) and 3 great seasons that happened 6 years ago. He has been a marginal WR, when healthy, since. 

His father, too.

On Tuesday, Odell Beckham Sr. posted a video on Instagram highlighting times when Mayfield didn't throw the ball to Beckham when he was open. Beckham Sr. responded with three green check marks in the comments section of a post that said Mayfield was "either hating on Odell or he just doesn't want him shining." Beckham Sr. also responded with "#bigfacts" to a post that called Mayfield "mediocre."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32543002/odell-beckham-jr-excused-practice-day-father-post-critical-baker-mayfield

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

If cut, he will be subject to waivers and the claiming team will need to pick up his $8M salary. 

If he clears waivers, the Browns need to pay him. 

I'm pretty sure we are #2 on the waivers.  If we want him there's just one stupid team in the way. 

He’s still only 28, id sign him. We roll with OBJ CD Moore and Mims next year let’s go!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

IJ, quick question I've had for a while now.   Why can't I see the image as your sig?   All I get is a huge empty box.

Hmmm....I thought I deleted the sig pic a while ago, but it looks like it was still there....or at least the link to the pic that doesn't exist anymore was still there.

I never noticed it because I turned off seeing all sig pics as it was making viewing the forums on my phone difficult.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, undertow said:

Probably because NFL GMs are not fans and aren't giving you anything for a cancer who has been hurt for 2 years.

OBJ has made a career off one spectacular catch.   No way he's a top receiver comparable to guys like Davante Adams, Kupp, Godwin, Evans, D-Hop, and a bunch of others.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

OBJ has made a career off one spectacular catch.   No way he's a top receiver comparable to guys like Davante Adams, Kupp, Godwin, Evans, D-Hop, and a bunch of others.

He was for a year or two with the Giants imo but his ego and being coddled destroyed his career.  He seems more concerned with being famous then being a great football player.

• Upvote 2