New York Jets expect QB Mike White to be recovered by next game after exiting loss with forearm injury

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

You may be right, but I think its best for both guys if White starts.  If White plays well, the offense functions and we (hopefully) win a couple of games.  If White struggles, you go back to Zach later in the season.  If they go back to Zach against Buffalo at home, he will be treated as public enemy #1 by the fans who will want to see White (maybe public enemy #2 behind Saleh).  It could get real ugly for him and the CS.

I agree with you.

• Upvote 1

Would like to see Wilson with the changes in our structure and offense, but I'm not sure coming back against Buffalo is the best idea. With the way White has been playing, if Wilson has another bad game they'll have to put him in the popemobile. White has also certainly earned the right to make this a competition, if not outright take the job if healthy. 

After seeing him a second time I think he’s going to be a fine backup. A guy that can give you a chance to win for 3 games. 

If Wilson saw what the check down can do for you and LaFleur calls a better game,  getting Wilson back is still the priority 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

Media is going to make much more about this then it is.

Wilson's injury was 3-4 weeks.,  This is week 3.  IMO Wilson should return to practice, and White should get the start.

The Dolphins game is where the fun should begin.  IMO, unless White puts togeter another 400+ yard win, Wilson takes the team back over.

All he needs to do is play well and win. Not even Peyton has back to back 400 yard games his first season. I think even in the short time White played yesterday, he showed enough to warrant a deeper look, in two drives he completed 11 passes for 95 yards and a TD. He also scored TD's in the first qrt of his forst two starts. I really think this os a good thing for Wilson. No doubt Wilson is the future but let White play the Alex Smith role that Smith played for Mahomes and then trade White in the off-season to someone like Pittsburgh for a second round pick if he shows well.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, Lith said:

You may be right, but I think its best for both guys if White starts.  If White plays well, the offense functions and we (hopefully) win a couple of games.  If White struggles, you go back to Zach later in the season.  If they go back to Zach against Buffalo at home, he will be treated as public enemy #1 by the fans who will want to see White (maybe public enemy #2 behind Saleh).  It could get real ugly for him and the CS.

Very good observation. That is why you don’t want to bring ZW back until he is ready. If he balls out when he comes back, sentiment will turn to his favor quickly. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Only the Jets could have their Tom Brady moment interrupted by a mysterious "forearm" injury that disappears by the end of the game. 

It lasted just long enough for us to get embarrassed on national TV . . . again

Unless White also plays LB, we would have been embarrassed regardless

White is auditioning if he goes out there still hurt and lays an egg, he can’t use the injury as an excuse, unfortunately doesn’t have the resumé or draft pick clout to get the benefit of a doubt. Not fair but the truth. Better for him he didn’t go out there. 

Now if he was entrenched as a starter or the #2 guy, then my opinion would be completely different 

• Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Would like to see Wilson with the changes in our structure and offense, but I'm not sure coming back against Buffalo is the best idea. With the way White has been playing, if Wilson has another bad game they'll have to put him in the popemobile. White has also certainly earned the right to make this a competition, if not outright take the job if healthy. 

Bring him back  for the Texans or Dolphins. 

• Upvote 1

Start White.  He looks like Drew Brees out there.  Quick decisions and accurate check downs.  Let's see what we have.  

Whatever White does, even if he balls out, go to Zach the next game.  He's the future.  He needs the reps in this lost season.  

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

A good hit on the ulnar nerve can leave your arm numb for 20 minutes or so, but never heard of it lasting so long before.  Perhaps there was some swelling of the bone that continued to compress the ulnar ??? 

maybe being down 14 at the half and then the dolts scoring a td on their opening drive kept white o the bench.  it's not like johnson was doing so bad either.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Unless White also plays LB, we would have been embarrassed regardless

Sure, but how much better would we feel if this guy threw another 4 TD passes? As it stands now, we haven’t quite seen enough of White to know that he’s the guy for the rest of the year. 
 I was very impressed with the way Johnson played, however 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Sure, but how much better would we feel if this guy threw another 4 TD passes? As it stands now, we haven’t quite seen enough of White to know that he’s the guy for the rest of the year. 
 I was very impressed with the way Johnson played, however 

For the small same of White we saw last night, i still feel good about him and it was nice to Johnson play well but I think that the Indy playing prevent for an entire half had something to do with all the under routes being open.

5 hours ago, Grandy said:

The difference in the "structure and offense" has mainly been that Zach Wilson isnt playing. So....

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

For the small same of White we saw last night, i still feel good about him and it was nice to Johnson play well but I think that the Indy playing prevent for an entire half had something to do with all the under routes being open.

Except for the last drive they did not play a soft zone against Johnson. Aikman even mentioned it.