Go get Russell Wilson

kevinc855

I want to preface this, by letting Zach play the 6 more games. However, if he continues to play like this we need to re-evaluate the position. This has nothing to do with being young. He just makes bad decisions, is wildly inaccurate and seems to have no command of the team or offense when he’s playing.

R Wilson is due for an impending break up with the Seahawks. Rumor has the giants making a run at him. I ask why not us? Could you imagine Carter, E Moore and Corey with Russell at the helm. We would be elevated immediately.

We have the money and draft capital to do this. Make a run at Russel Wilson

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 15
  • Sympathy 4
  • Haha 7

Just now, Untouchable said:

Russell Wilson is obviously breaking down and doesn’t have the Seahawks in contention with a sh*t defense despite having dudes like D.K. Metcalf and Tyler Lockett at his disposal.

Yes, it would be so different here…

You dickbags who want to dump Zach already can just accept your future with Andy Dalton and learn to enjoy it.

He dislocated a finger. Hardly breaking down lol.

• Haha 1

Just now, bla bla bla said:

This is the real question. I doubt the Saleh connection is that strong with Russell. My gut sees Russell in Denver or Miami after the season.

Aaron Rodgers was okay going to Denver because he knew John Elway would protect him.  Will be the same for Wilson.  Of course if Denver is really interested in Wilson they best hire a new coach Wilson likes.

Just now, Irish Jet said:

He dislocated a finger. Hardly breaking down lol.

The dude has Captain Hook hand.

He’s done as an upper tier QB. If people want to trade multiple picks for what is going to at best amount to Jeff Garcia dipped in milk chocolate moving forward, well…that’s Jets fans.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

He’s done as an upper tier QB. If people want to trade multiple picks for what is going to at best amount to Jeff Garcia dipped in milk chocolate moving forward, well…that’s Jets fans.

Yea let’s roll with Zach because that’s going well

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

This feels like an overreaction.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

17 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I want to preface this, by letting Zach play the 6 more games. However, if he continues to play like this we need to re-evaluate the position. This has nothing to do with being young. He just makes bad decisions, is wildly inaccurate and seems to have no command of the team or offense when he’s playing.

R Wilson is due for an impending break up with the Seahawks. Rumor has the giants making a run at him. I ask why not us? Could you imagine Carter, E Moore and Corey with Russell at the helm. We would be elevated immediately.

Go get real.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

6 games into the kids career after taking him #2 overall and you want to dump him…

LOL

Again, why do Jets fans ever talk about drafting a QB? Unless we end up with one of those Justin Herbert’s that tears the league a new assh0le from the get-go, they’ll just want to dump him a few games into his rookie season anyway.

Jets fans deserve the Jimmy Garoppolo/Garner Minshew show headed down the pike.

What in Zach Wilson play has given you confidence 

I’m curious 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Should have just drafted Jamar Chase, let Darnold show us he stunk and take the draft capital for next year for Watson once his legal sh*t is over, instant playoff contenders.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

6 games into the kids career after taking him #2 overall and you want to dump him…

LOL

Again, why do Jets fans ever talk about drafting a QB? Unless we end up with one of those Justin Herbert’s that tears the league a new assh0le from the get-go, they’ll just want to dump him a few games into his rookie season anyway.

Jets fans deserve the Jimmy Garoppolo/Garner Minshew show headed down the pike.

Name one QB drafted in the last 10 years who played this badly through 6 starts and turned into a good NFL QB.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Sam_S said:

Aaron Rodgers was okay going to Denver because he knew John Elway would protect him.  Will be the same for Wilson.  Of course if Denver is really interested in Wilson they best hire a new coach Wilson likes.

I think Pitt and Cleveland could get in on the QB action too. I don't think Baker is 100% their guy (although I think he gets another year)

14 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

What in Zach Wilson play has given you confidence 

I’m curious 

I'm not interested in drafting another QB yet, I think the confidence in Zack comes from the relatively weak QB class this year. I'm also not loving the idea of trading a ton of picks for Wilson or Rodgers. 

I was 100% on board with Watson before the draft but that went sideways in a hurry. 

Basically we just have to let this play out unless we find ourselves in a Cam Newton/Kyle Murray situation which seems highly unlikely.

• Upvote 2

ok i got 2 takes on this

1. Wilson and Rodgers WOULD come to NY. 

Wilson wife is a singer? those type of celebrity's love being in the limelight of NY or LA. 

same goes for Rodgers. he always dating actresses who im sure would love to be closer to more jobs in NY than sleepy GB.

now with that being said why would we give up the draft capital to do this? only teams close to winning do something like this for aging superstars. 

do we have a roster yet to win? can we afford to give up a #1 and more for these guys? 

i know these guys would make our team much better but will it be good enough to win it all? or more likely they win 8-10 games for a few years maybe a playoff or 2 but not much after that.

and isnt Seattle a better roster than us and Wilson cant get them to win? 

• Upvote 2