****OFFICIAL JETS VS SAINTS ATTRITION BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For 1.5 weeks out of 9, he looked like an NFL QB.

Darnold had a better ratio thru 9 games.  As did Geno Smith. 

I do agree with you that he hasn’t looked good.  I’m not arguing that.  I’m just not ready to throw away a #2 overall pick so quickly.  As much as it hurts, he’s gotta have at least next year too.

9 minutes ago, Rangers1 said:

Rangers fan for over 60 years

mets fan for 64 years

jets fan for 61 years

knicks fan for over 60 years

6 championships in that time and none since 94, 27 years. What a shame

rose colored glasses still on

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRangers. So hard to watch the Rangers. I get so emotional. Knicks, Jets - eh you expect them to lose.  Mets, always dream since they are magical. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Nobody here has said that. Nobody but the strawman in your head, which is apparently firmly shoved somewhere dark....The problem is that the QB sucks and can't even make simple, routine throws consistently.

He is making average NFL "passcatchers" have to try to make circus catches because he is inaccurate. Period. 

Stick to your nonsense.  I'm sure you were one of the same guys here defending Sanchez, Geno, and Sam before Zach.

They either have it or they don't. We knew Joe Burrow and Murray were legit almost immediately.  We saw the physical talent of Josh Allen.

Zach is more Danny Dimes or Josh Rosen.....or a lesser Sam Darnold than any of those other guys so far. 

Different receivers ain't making the guy more accurate, bigger, or able to feel a pocket better. 

Josh Rosen’s career YPA:  5.8

Wilson’s career YPA after today:  6.1

I’m totally down to give Wilson the Rosen treatment.  2 & a 4 sounds good to me if we can get it. I’ll settle for a 2 and a 5 or 6.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Final Zack Wilson #'s: 19/42, 203.   Good friggin' lord.

How much of that was the final garbage time drive and 2 of the completions were jet sweeps to Crowder ( 1 yard toss ).

The 18 yard scramble went Zach went into a slide even though there was another 15 yards of open field in front of him - WTF!!

Zach regressed this game. He looks like he chokes on easy plays when it matters. That is not an easy thing for guys to overcome.

Hope he just lets it loose the rest of the season and works on fundamentals in the off season.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

They are showing those passes to Ty Johnson again on SNY and while he should have caught all 3 I guess, 2 of them were inaccurate. Wilson has a serious problem with those easy short passes. He is not the answer. 

Simply not true.  The 2 on the first 2 drives literally hit Johnson in the hands and he dropped them.

49 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Just a gut feeling but I'm starting to get the vibe that the players don't like Zach Wilson.

If you watch the post game show on SNY you can tell these guys don't like him either.

Don't know if it's a performance thing or a personal thing, just my opinion.

Performance, for sure.  He could be the nicest, coolest, leaderiest player in the world and it wouldn’t matter.  You can’t perform like this and be given respect in the huddle.  And for certain guys he’s directly costing them money/security.

And it of course doesn’t help that 3 other QBs on the same team performed far better when given opportunities. 

43 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Also can’t always blame the qb when “professional” wide outs drop passes that hit them in the hands.  It’s a two way street. 

Wilson hasn’t led a receiver properly more than a handful of times in his career thus far.  

Even if those receivers caught those throws, Wilson costs the offense yards that a replacement level QB would have been gotten, because the ball isn’t going where it needs to go. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Simply not true.  The 2 on the first 2 drives literally hit Johnson in the hands and he dropped them.

I don’t understand why so many here think that every completion has to be a perfect pass.  Wrs and rbs make great catches each week and help their qbs, except the jets.  Catch the damn ball when it hits you in the hands.  There’s a reason these guys wind up on the jets - they couldn’t make any other team. Other teams expect these guys to perform.

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Rangers1 said:

Rangers fan for over 60 years

mets fan for 64 years

jets fan for 61 years

knicks fan for over 60 years

6 championships in that time and none since 94, 27 years. What a shame

rose colored glasses still on

I feel ya bruddah. Right there with you 

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At least Carter and Bollinger weren’t # 2 overall picks.

so now we are grading on a curve. is he the worst? or just the worst considering his draft position? So, the team doesn't matter. If you are picking at #2 - your team is bad. Sanchez was picked at #4, but the team was in the twenties and traded a bag of magic beans. Had Zack been drafted into that Jets team or into the Patriots this year, he would be looking much better (most likely)

20 minutes ago, heymangold said:

But Murray was a far superior option than Rosen AND they had a new coach.  Nothing that’s Murray level in this years draft.

Then go the veteran bridge QB option instead.  

If Wilson isn’t jettisoned he at least has no business getting named the week 1 starter without definitively proving he’s earned it.  

• Upvote 1

The one problem is there weren't really any better options

I doubt Mac Jones would have done well here, but he might have

Zach is bad, but so is every other QB except Jones

Darnold would have been just as bad here in my opinion if we kept him

The only better option would probably be to draft a raw player like Zach, sit him and sign a vet like Flacco or Trubisky IN THE OFFSEASON and let Zach or whoever sit for a while. Huge mistake by JD and the coaching staff.

2 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Had season tickets to Shea and was at the AFL Championship game vs the Raiders. Great times but I'd give up the SB win to be 25 years younger.

Lol

was there also

was 15 and one of my fondest memories 

just glad I got to see one in my lifetime

hoping to see another

• Upvote 1