****OFFICIAL JETS VS SAINTS ATTRITION BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Idk who told you its like this but its not true. You can be competitive in a rebuild. I read the stats about rookies starting and it leading to more wins - but that stat is totally flawed. It includes teams like Cleveland that were bad for years, always starting a young team until they actually got people in there that could pick players and coach. You rebuild ans you start trying to win day one. Thats it. End of the way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

And sometimes you're NOT competitive at the beginning. Why should they be competitive coming off a 2-14 season? What about this team says "competitive"? the Run defense? The pass defense? The OL? The kicking game? WHAT?

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You still haven’t changed your opinion on a day where he played some of the worst QB of any QB this season.

Id rather see someone willing to change their opinion than someone who doubles down on a terrible take.

He's suffering from Genot syndrome. If you know what I mean. It's curable

• Haha 1

And sometimes you're NOT competitive at the beginning. Why should they be competitive coming off a 2-14 season? What about this team says "competitive"? the Run defense? The pass defense? The OL? The kicking game? WHAT?

Bro they are worse than last season. They had an offseason with the most cap in the league and two first round picks. They arent going to get close to the Vegas over/under of 6 wins. This is a colossal failure on every level. The defense is much much worse. The QB play and offense, worse. Huge failure. You honestly think this is the first year of a potential rebuild? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

White, Flacco and Johnson all looked like NFL caliber QB's on the same team.

Quincy Carter and Brooks Bollinger also played better than Zach. 

White had a great game and then a terrible game. That being said, it is about Wilson this year. Carter and Brooks were way worse - your unhappiness with Zack is messing with your memory.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

Point me to the GM that led a rebuild of more than 3 years that did not make the playoffs by year 3 of their tenure, but then went on to make the playoffs (and bonus points for made the playoffs more than once after that).

We'll define 'rebuild' as a team that did not make the playoffs and had less than 50% wins for 2 years in a row prior to the new GM. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Darnold had defenders all the way up to the trade 

Yup. I defended him for the first 2 years. Not going to be blinded this time. Zach Wilson has been trash this entire year. His inaccuracy on those short gimme plays is indefensible. Not many, if any, QB's have been worse. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Just a gut feeling but I'm starting to get the vibe that the players don't like Zach Wilson.

If you watch the post game show on SNY you can tell these guys don't like him either.

Don't know if it's a performance thing or a personal thing, just my opinion.

Zack Wilson looks like the biggest challenge he had faced in his life before this was his butler had to take a day off and he had to put his own pants on once.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Ken you really can't be serious. The only game White played bad in and still threw for the second most yards against behind Mahomes was the Bills game. But that somehow did not deserve another chance while we watch this sh*t show train wreck of a QB embarrass the sh*t out of himself and his organization 

As long as we have posted together this is the most I’ve ever agreed you, 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Just a gut feeling but I'm starting to get the vibe that the players don't like Zach Wilson.

If you watch the post game show on SNY you can tell these guys don't like him either.

Don't know if it's a performance thing or a personal thing, just my opinion.

Oh brother.  Can we just stick to what we know and not make sh*t up? Zach was terrible

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

Yup. I defended him for the first 2 years. Not going to be blinded this time. Zach Wilson has been trash this entire year. His inaccuracy on those short gimme plays is indefensible. Not many, if any, QB's have been worse. 

I think all of us have defended at least 1 of sanchez, geno, darnold too long then we should have. It happens.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Not a dig against you at all.   But why do you think he will be "great some day"?   This kid looks every bit the QB who played in a POS conference with no real experience against top flight defenses.   Every game, Zack looks confused and unable to make simple throws that guys like Mike White (another JAG) were able to complete and operate this offense.

I’ll go you one better my friend, and I’m being dead serious when I say it….

On the drive with 10 minutes left he looked scared out there, and that’s something I’ve never said about a professional football player.

• Sympathy 1