Zach Wilson Is TERRIBLE!

SoFlaJets

3 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Totally unexplainable.

I watched lots of his college tape and his accuracy was PINPOINT, coupled with a “Mahomes type, rocket arm that can make Any Throw from Any Angle”.  That was actually the argument that made him a supposed no brainer top of the draft pick, the accuracy was so impressive that it really didn’t matter who is competition was or will be.....a receiver gets open, even slightly...BANG...the ball is right there.  That’s the reason Chris Simms confidently projected him as the #1 pick in the draft, a sure thing, and not even a toss up when comparing him to Trevor Lawrence as to who to draft.

How do you go from completing close to 75% of your passes your Senior year, 30 TDs, 3 INTs....to missing unobstructed layups in your own backfield by a mile.  A 10 year old kid in his backyard can hit some of the throws he has missed, badly, this year.

A lot of it is psychological along with the Jets being one of the most cursed franchises in all sports history.

We’ve gone from “he can hit All Throws, Off Platform, from Any Angle”....to...”Can you just complete a Screen Pass?”

It is explainable: he stinks.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Totally unexplainable.

I watched lots of his college tape and his accuracy was PINPOINT, coupled with a “Mahomes type, rocket arm that can make Any Throw from Any Angle”.  That was actually the argument that made him a supposed no brainer top of the draft pick, the accuracy was so impressive that it really didn’t matter who is competition was or will be.....a receiver gets open, even slightly...BANG...the ball is right there.  That’s the reason Chris Simms confidently projected him as the #1 pick in the draft, a sure thing, and not even a toss up when comparing him to Trevor Lawrence as to who to draft.

How do you go from completing close to 75% of your passes your Senior year, 30 TDs, 3 INTs....to missing unobstructed layups in your own backfield by a mile.  A 10 year old kid in his backyard can hit some of the throws he has missed, badly, this year.

A lot of it is psychological along with the Jets being one of the most cursed franchises in all sports history.

We’ve gone from “he can hit All Throws, Off Platform, from Any Angle”....to...”Can you just complete a Screen Pass?”

Agreed.  And it wasn't just Chris Simms praising him.  Wasn't it Romo who compared him to Mahomes?  Maybe he can be salvaged but right now it feels like there's a very dark cloud hanging over this franchise.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

anyone ever hear of Tyler Huntley? Undrafted qb. Lamar Jackson’s backup. Yea me neither. But he’s still better than Zach Wilson

D88E4872-1788-4E80-9285-F16FA513C6CC.thumb.jpeg.b043a839d5bca172f86635c69fb6ceab.jpeg

72642A53-069B-47BB-B93A-D3EA0B412007.thumb.jpeg.f86b33e3e2368184e6a65d73cba86e35.jpeg

anyone want to guess how many times zach Wilson has thrown for 270 yards?

EB976B72-ACED-415A-86BD-7945D2386635.thumb.jpeg.a1f1a8357a3ccbddb6b82af082af6d95.jpeg

once!

Who cares what Tyler Huntley did?  What the hell does he have to do with Zach Wilson?  Every situation is different.

Zach was awful today, plenty to point to - no need to make up stupid sh*t that has no bearing on the situation.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed.  And it wasn't just Chris Simms praising him.  Wasn't it Romo who compared him to Mahomes?  Maybe he can be salvaged but right now it feels like there's a very dark cloud hanging over this franchise.

Romo also touted Darnold to being the #1 QB in the entire league...”quickly”....after being very accurate on lots of other analysis of other players.  Once you stop off in Jetland as an analyst it seems your whole fantastic track record gets blown to smithereens haha.

I posted a few weeks ago what I’m going to quote now.  Simms recently said that he has seen Wilson hit about 20 throws at the pro level that tells him he will still be a star in this league and that all the inexplicable bumps you’ve seen in his rookie season will “easily” be corrected this off season, for the simple reason that he has made all these plays “in his sleep in the past”.

Simms record of analyzing QBs over I think about the last 5 drafts has been so deadly accurate I think he should move to Vegas full time. Sad if his first callousal miss over that substantial time frame would be a NY Jet.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah that group grows magically post draft.  And if he develops will shrink back.  Oh and no one was pillorized over who they liked

People can say what they want but I posted my thoughts on this very board. I think you even butt fumbled it lol 

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

People can say what they want but I posted my thoughts on this very board. I think you even butt fumbled it lol 

I could care less which QB you or anyone else wanted.  Initially I was leaning towards Fields.  No one gave me a lot of shlt.  May have disagreed but nothing more.  I was happy with Wilson or Fields.  Still would have.  Mac doesn’t have the talent of those two, just has the better team around him and a veteran staff

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There has been for a long time.

it’s a combination of incompetency and bad luck 

a truly wicked combo 

every player we draft either sucks or gets hurt, for the most part 

It’s been 11 years since we have been a playoff team -

I wonder how many more years will pass? 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Totally unexplainable.

A lot of these “analysts” and “experts” voice their opinions and they don’t watch every game or analyze every play.  Do I think Chris Simms took a full day + to review Zach Wilson  game tape?  Absolutely not.  

I was on board with Zach and thought he would succeed.  

Others here particularly in the draft forum were not.  I never post there but you have guys there who offer really thorough analysis of players and I believe @win4everdid an extensive breakdown of Wilson voicing his concerns.  I believe he saw bad pocket presence, locking onto receivers etc.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I could care less which QB you or anyone else wanted.  Initially I was leaning towards Fields.  No one gave me a lot of shlt.  May have disagreed but nothing more.  I was happy with Wilson or Fields.  Still would have.  Mac doesn’t have the talent of those two, just has the better team around him and a veteran staff

That hurtful to say you don’t care what others think before presenting your thesis on which QB you wanted 

21 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Romo also touted Darnold to being the #1 QB in the entire league...”quickly”....after being very accurate on lots of other analysis of other players.  Once you stop off in Jetland as an analyst it seems your whole fantastic track record gets blown to smithereens haha.

I posted a few weeks ago what I’m going to quote now.  Simms recently said that he has seen Wilson hit about 20 throws at the pro level that tells him he will still be a star in this league and that all the inexplicable bumps you’ve seen in his rookie season will “easily” be corrected this off season, for the simple reason that he has made all these plays “in his sleep in the past”.

Simms record of analyzing QBs over I think about the last 5 drafts has been so deadly accurate I think he should move to Vegas full time. Sad if his first callousal miss over that substantial time frame would be a NY Jet.

The jets bad JuJu will end this man’s whole career

• Haha 1

It just looks like Wilson forgot how to throw a football. I was high on him coming out of the draft for two major reasons; his accuracy and his decision making. For some reason he has devolved into an inaccurate and slow QB. I'm not out on him yet, but he can't be this bad going forward if he wants to stick around.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

The kid looks scared out there. You can’t fix that.

This may be it.

Is he afraid of getting hit? So he's short arming everything not stepping into his throws?

Not sure it can't be fixed but I do wonder what the issue is.  It has to be something more than he can't throw the ball 10 yards on target.  It's beyond bizarre...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Shouldn't you be attacking those like yourself who defend drafted QBs against the understood odds like they are your mother? I mean most bust, right? You said it yourself. Magical thinking is a helluva drug.

Love this, though. Skepticism of a Jets QB, “You’re a troll with no substance!”

Be right, “You’re just playing the odds, duh. No credit!”

Yeah, no. I have not defended anyone really. I have said that a few games into a career is early, and I have said this is a dumpster fire in every way from coaching, to personnel. 

You are a complete troll, nothing else. What do you want credit for? Your number 1 QB in the draft was Trevor Lawrence, he has been every bit as bad as ZW. You run around acting like Minshaw is Kurt Warner. You don't know anything about the QB position other than to play extremely high odds. Yeah, who the Jets draft is going to suck. REally going out on a limb there pal.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The jets bad JuJu will end this man’s whole career

Jeopardy:  "I used to be a highly touted top NFL draft pick for the NY Jets and retired after only 1 season after the bottom feeding totally incompetent Franchise destroyed my spirit and subsequently became Lead Singer to the revival Pop Music Group of George Michael's WHAM".

Answer: "What is Zack Wilson, Alex?"

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This may be it.

Is he afraid of getting hit? So he's short arming everything not stepping into his throws?

Not sure it can't be fixed but I do wonder what the issue is.  It has to be something more than he can't throw the ball 10 yards on target.  It's beyond bizarre...

The scramble could have been a TD and he slid for no reason. Watching Josh Allen after that made it look even worse.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

He is worse than Geno Smith, He is worse than Sam Darnold, he's probably right down there in Christian Hackenberg territory had he ever played. This kid has shown NOTHING. NOTHING, he is not worthy of starting another NFL game, he has no upside. I've never seen a pro QB so consistently MISS wide open players with NO pressure on him. He bounced  a screen pass today for God sake! Anyone who thinks that he should be given the starting job in 2022 is blind.

I hope you feel better now that you got that off your chest.

4 hours ago, Hael said:

That's unfortunately not going to happen unless we get insanely lucky and Rogers or WIlson falls to us.  A GM who's career is riding on a pick isn't going to fire himself after only a few games.

I don't even understand how either of those guys would want to play for the Jets.