3 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

WR1 OUT

WR2 OUT

RB1 OUT

RB2 OUT

TE1 OUT

DROPPED BALLS ALL OVER THE PLACE 

BAD ROUTES

WILSON DINT HAVE A GOOD DAY BUT REALIZE THIS. ITS A TEAM GAME AND HE HAD NO HELP. NONE 

This movie sucked the last 3 times we watched it.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Geno Smith once took home Rookie of the Month honors.

Geno > Darnold > Wilson. And everyone knows I despise Geno as a human.

3 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

I honestly don't get it. He didn't have these accuracy issues in college. What happened?

Because he sucks 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, jgb said:

I ranked the QBs before the draft. My analysis for Zach had nothing to do with him coming to the Jets. Unlike your defense of him, which has everything to do with that (see: your criticism of Lawrence).

Even when you criticize, you strengthen my position.

Facts over feelings, Frank.

lol@ your analysis

lol, Zack was projected to the Jets by everyone, like forever

lol, I don't even defend Zack other than saying 6 games is a bit early to rule anyone out and he has utter garbage around him which we are as a franchise.

I have never, and continue to never criticze Lawrence, he is also a rookie in a horrible situation.

The facts are your "analysis" had Lawrence as your 1, and he has been every bit as bad as ZW. So, your analysis is worth the TP you wrote it on.  Yet you run around here posting like you want to be enshrined as some prophetic QB guru and we should all bow to you. You are a troll, I get it, lots of people enjoy trolling. Im probably going to end up hiding your posts, you don't add anything to this board IMO and blow it up with 1,000 posts per day of nonsense

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jgb said:

This movie sucked the last 3 times we watched it.

Geno > Darnold > Wilson. And everyone knows I despise Geno as a human.

Because he sucks 

I really want to disagree with your take on ZW but he is making it super hard too, the ONLY thing I got left is his arm and especially his release and at this point it’s against all odds that he amounts to much at all 

• Sympathy 2

15 hours ago, PepPep said:

if you are the 2nd overall pick on a bad team thats rebuilding you are expected to start. 

Great post, 100% agree with everything you said.

I think one factor is teams try and maximize the rookie QB contracts, just rarely seems to work out. 

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

lol@ your analysis

lol, Zack was projected to the Jets by everyone, like forever

lol, I don't even defend Zack other than saying 6 games is a bit early to rule anyone out and he has utter garbage around him which we are as a franchise.

I have never, and continue to never criticze Lawrence, he is also a rookie in a horrible situation.

The facts are your "analysis" had Lawrence as your 1, and he has been every bit as bad as ZW. So, your analysis is worth the TP you wrote it on.  Yet you run around here posting like you want to be enshrined as some prophetic QB guru and we should all bow to you. You are a troll, I get it, lots of people enjoy trolling. Im probably going to end up hiding your posts, you don't add anything to this board IMO and blow it up with 1,000 posts per day of nonsense

At least TP is useful for wiping up sh*t. Even you admit Wilson can't even do that by blaming everything around him for his suck.

13 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

100%.  Social media is the devil.  Kudos to Zach's mom for handling that with class.

I hope deep down she calls him every Monday morning and be like,” Dag Nabbit Zach play the game the way we all know you can or I’m grabbing one of your Uncles Jets, flying to NY and gonna bury one of my Prada heels in your keester!” 

• Haha 1

I think the only game that I really enjoyed watching this whole season was the one that Mike White started against the Bengals when the ball was coming out and going to where it was supposed to go. I am willing to bet anyone on this board that Mike White isn't a Jet next season and the team he ends up on will be really happy that Joe Douglas and his stellar 5-24 record as the gm here was stupid enough to release him without getting a thing for him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I guess you didn’t watch Trevor Lawrence throw 4 ints today. Give these rookies some time. Especially Zach who had a scrub set of offensive weapons today

Scrub set of receivers is one thing, not being able to hit the broad side of a barn is another and I've been on the side of ZW getting better. I don't know what to think now, because I can't understand how anyone can be that accurately bad. He's missing high, wide, short, long, etc... Like I said in another post, he makes some WOW throws, but he makes more BAD WOW throws, than good at this point in time..

If I'm going to continue to support what JD is doing, then I've got to say that if this continues to the end of the season, then there must be competition for Zach next year in the form of a VET. This is not acceptable for an NFL team.

• Sympathy 1

I’ll keep saying it. He looks terrible but i’ll reserve judgement until end of next season. Everyone wants to know yesterday what tomorrow’s answers are.

Personal theory, I just think he’s a scared, nervous child out there right now. When he relaxes he looks good. I think he went into yesterday terrified because he was missing guys. I believe his emotions are severely impacting his play, making simple tasks very difficult. Kid needs to slam 2 doubles of whiskey before he runs out onto the field.

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

There were a ton of red flags and level competition was one of them for sure.  Not just BYU players being better but as you mentioned, the teams they were playing would play the most mind-boggling defense schemes you've ever seen and some of the coverage he faced was just laughable.  Many of the highlight reel plays were that were being used as celebrated plays, would never translate in the NFL mainly because he'd never see such ridiculous coverage schemes or DB's so incapable of making a play on the ball.  When you couple that with the poor mechanics, terrible pocket presence and inaccuracy, we're just getting the entire snowball effect now.  Raw prospect, huge project, basically has to broke down entirely and built back up on traits (which are starting to diminish) and for some reason the Jets thought this was the right place for that type of player with a rookie coaching staff coming off a damn near identical situation w/ Darnold.  It was just a bizarre decision to hand the reigns over to this kid the day he stepped foot in the building.  There really was nothing to indicate this was going to be seamless.  

I'm not as confident as you are that he can turn this around.  His bad, is how is this guy on the field bad and if we're really being honest with ourselves, his good, isnt that good.  It's basic NFL level QB skills.  There is no wow factor here at all.

Could some of those things have been said against Pat Mahomes too though?  Easy competition, etc?

And Chris Simms said he thought Zach's skills were translatable so who knows.

The funny thing is that Zach is supposed to be good on "off-platform" throws and, from what I've seen, he looks just as inaccurate on those (so far, at least).

1 minute ago, Sammybighead said:

I’ll keep saying it. He looks terrible but i’ll reserve judgement until end of next season. Everyone wants to know yesterday what tomorrow’s answers are.

Personal theory, I just think he’s a scared, nervous child out there right now. When he relaxes he looks good. I think he went into yesterday terrified because he was missing guys. I believe his emotions are severely impacting his play, making simple tasks very difficult. Kid needs to slam 2 doubles of whiskey before he runs out onto the field.

I agree with this.  He gets another full season to see if the game can slow down for him.  The one thing we can say is that even a prospect as hyped as Trevor Lawrence had a similarly bad season.  So let's see if things will improve next year.

I will say that my expectations will probably be low going into next year but maybe reading off-season hype articles ("Zach looks much more comfortable this year") will change that.  And if Zach does stink next year and least the Bryce Young dream is out there.

17 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

He is worse than Geno Smith, He is worse than Sam Darnold, he's probably right down there in Christian Hackenberg territory had he ever played. This kid has shown NOTHING. NOTHING, he is not worthy of starting another NFL game, he has no upside. I've never seen a pro QB so consistently MISS wide open players with NO pressure on him. He bounced  a screen pass today for God sake! Anyone who thinks that he should be given the starting job in 2022 is blind.

WWE Raw: The Best and Worst of January 19, 1998

After watching that 6 minute video of all of his days work Finally figured it out. Zach Wilson is exactly like Brooks Bollinger. A guy who can actually move the ball up and down the field and can get yardage running for his life but just like Brooks he isn't able to get the ball in the end zone. a terrible red zone QB, just like Bollinger was with one exception, at least Brooks wasn't an INT machine who threw twice as many interceptions as TDs. But just go back and look at the stat line from the 2005 season  Oh yea, and they both were 2-7 after 9 games started.

Wilson

Comp %  1,741
 Yds 6  TDs  
 ints 65.3 QBR

Bollinger 

56.4 Comp%  1,558 YDs   6 TDs 7 Ints72.9 QBR    

37 minutes ago, jgb said:

At least TP is useful for wiping up sh*t. Even you admit Wilson can't even do that by blaming everything around him for his suck.

Im going to leave you on one last word of wisdom. People who are great, or even good, don't need to tell others how good they are. Greatness is recognized. Michael Jordan didnt need to tell anyone how great he was, everyone knew it. If you are truly the QB guru you believe yourself to be, everyone will recognize it, and you don't have to tell everyone, 10x per day how great of a QB guru you are. Enjoy your trolling.

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Could some of those things have been said against Pat Mahomes too though?  Easy competition, etc?

And Chris Simms said he thought Zach's skills were translatable so who knows.

The funny thing is that Zach is supposed to be good on "off-platform" throws and, from what I've seen, he looks just as inaccurate on those (so far, at least).

fwiw, of all the concerns I had with Zach, level of comp. was not the highest on the list.  I think it tends to be a little overblown in the analysis process but to answer your question, Pat Mahomes played 10x the level of competition.  He had defining moments that Wilson never had in college for example: 735 yards and 5 TD's vs. Oklahoma, 585 and 6 vs. Baylor twice, 370 and 4 vs. LSU.

But you bring up the whole problem with the Wilson analysis.  It was a huge stretch to think he was in the Mahomes caliber of athlete, arm strength, competitor, etc.  Mahomes is a freak.  They're not the same at all and people fell in love with a side arm throw or 2 here and there and some off script stuff and made huge leaps to be the first to make a hot take and Chris Simms is a blow hard.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

it's just too bad that Mike White wasn't given as much latitude as this scrub is being given. One big difference between the way that Kraft and Belichek run their team and Woody Johnson and his never-ending line of head coaches and GMs is that if a player sucks, he is history up there. Regardless if that player was a 1st round pick or a FA signing, if he sucks he's gone. Here with the Jets, there is always a period of trying to justify bad decisions and that is coming from Woody Johnson, because it's been the same story since he took over in 2000.

16 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

These predictable attempts to defend Zach are so pathetic.

HE ISN'T TERRIBLE BECAUSE LAWRENCE IS TERRIBLE

He isn't terrible because he is a rookie going through growing pains just like Lawrence and Fields. 

He was missing his top 3 offensive weapons yesterday and the ones that he was throwing too had more drops than I can count. 

Was he good? No. He was bad yesterday. But a young QB going through growing pains isn't going to have a good game passing to Ty Johnson and Keelan Cole and whoever the Jets put out there at tight end. 

At least Lawrence had James Robinson (who was elite last year) and Marvin Jones Jr yesterday and still had 4 INTs. 

• Upvote 1