Jets Must Lose To Jacksonville!

30 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

If you actively cheer for the Jets to lose to Jacksonville, you don't deserve to root for a winning team.

To be fair, even when I know it is best for the Jets to loose, I always cheer for them to win. knowing the loss is the best thing and rooting for a loss are two different things.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Who cares what we actively cheer for at this point they’ve won like 4 games the last 2 years… what are you cheering for as a “true” fan?

I didn't say anything about "true" fans.  I just think that actively rooting for your team to lose is pathetic.  Getting the silver lining of a higher draft choice and appreciating that is different than actively rooting for losses.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Negative this is the game where Zach needs to go for 300 and 3 TDs. Outshine Trevor 

That. Jets leading by 28-14, Jags return two blocked FGs for TD and Trev goes for 120 yards, no TDs, 2 picks. 2 point conversion, Trevor fumbles the snap, James Robinson recover is and takes inside the EZ. Jags win 29-28.

Bevell sucks and he's going to look like Bill Walsh against this D. 

I normally prefer to see wins but half the guys playing right now won't even be on the team next year.  The guys coming back from injury, the 6 or so draft picks that stick, and the guys picked up in FA will drastically alter the roster.  With that being the case I don't think any wins in the remaining games are nearly as beneficial to the team as grabbing one of the top EDGE guys would be.  Gotta try to get in that top 2 again..  sadly.

I’m done with rooting for losses.   As many have said it makes no difference where you draft if your organization sucks.   Having said that I am still sick from the year the cowboys had a meaningless last second victory over the giants in the last week.   Scored a TD and 2 point conversion for the win when they were already in the playoffs with nothing to play for.  Somehow the strength of schedule was impacted and SF got #2 and Nick Bosa.  We got another interior lineman.  That one hurt.  

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Next week is definitely the Toilet Bowl.

Sanitary home waste removal is a top-10 invention in number of lives it has saved.

It's up there with penicillin and DDT.

To compare anything about the Jets to a toilet is really insulting to The Throne.

Yeah like winning another game is going to matter in the grand scheme. Newsflash, It's not. Getting as high a draft slot does matter though and getting a chance to draft a legit edge rusher like Hutchinson is in the best interest of this team especially with this NFL worst defense on pace to give up 500 points this year. That 1 extra meaningless win could screw up any chance of that. This season has been a total and complete disaster and while watching these games I have wanted to stick forks in my eyes. I would like to at least get something out of it in return for my weekly misery. 

7 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yeah like winning another game is going to matter in the grand scheme. Newsflash, It's not. Getting as high a draft slot does matter though and getting a chance to draft a legit edge rusher like Hutchinson is in the best interest of this team especially with this NFL worst defense on pace to give up 500 points this year. That 1 extra meaningless win could screw up any chance of that. This season has been a total and complete disaster and while watching these games I have wanted to stick forks in my eyes. I would like to at least get something out of it in return for my weekly misery. 

Fukk that way of thinking, its been too many years of that ball sweat logic.

Just win the damn games youre supposed to and draft where we fukkin draft.

1 minute ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Fukk that way of thinking, its been too many years of that ball sweat logic.

Just win the damn games youre supposed to and draft where we fukkin draft.

No way bro. It matters. I rooted every week for wins and anything positive. Whats the difference if we go 4-13 or 3-14? I want an impact edge rusher that we haven't had in decades. 1 meaningless win in a lost season could ruin that chance. I don't want to watch this sh*t anymore. I want an impact player for once.