***OFFICIAL JETS VS JAGUARS/TWO TERRIFIC ROOKIE QBs GOING MANO Y MANO MAÑANA THREAD****

T0mShane

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I agree we are very far apart. We will see how he has progressed when he plays real teams the next 2 weeks. My guess is not much. 

I think you'll see a lot of what you saw today.  Nothing really open, check downs - with the talent the Jets have right now, that's about what we should expect from him.  

Play smart, don't try and be a hero (This is something Sam never got over - he got frustrated and started just chucking the ball up) and take what's there.   Zach has seemingly already grown out of his short hero ball phase.  He also seems to have fixed his short ball yips...

Now just has to find that medium between the attacking aggressive style he had early  with the safer, smarter decisions and short game he looks to be getting better at...I would love to see him with Davis and Moore - with Carter and a healthy OL.  I honestly believe you would see that big breakout performance we've all been waiting for...

Look, I know he still has a very long way to go.  I am not now, nor have ever stated, he's been good.  

He's had some good moments - and is showing real progress...And that's what I came into the year looking for - I was happy with what I saw today....

Post injury Zach I believe is 7 TD's and 2 INt's....

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Ken Schroy said:

Go ahead and find them. If they happened at all it was early on. You can also post where you posted Sam as a bust after 10 games. As for the bet; I wouldn't trust you for sh*t.

Put up or shut up.  I don’t work for free.

I’ll send Max the money to hold on your agreement.

Come on, tough guy.  1K to charity.

Just now, NamathToCaster said:

Can't wait until he is off the team.  In my mind he was a back  pick for the amount of money we  dished out.  

Hate to say I loved the signing at the time (though it was definitely a red flag that he didn't want to be here but we just overwhelmed him with $$$).  I still wonder what would've happened had he not gotten hurt in his 1st season here.  He did seem like a game-changer for that 1 half against Buffalo.  

After he opted out last year, I knew we were in deep trouble.  

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I mean come on man. Half the starters and the head coach weren’t on the field today. He literally had practice squad rejects blocking for him and the team was so depleted that he was throwing touchdowns to benched offensive linemen. I’m all for hyperbolic trolling but good lord some of that sh*t has to count for something. 

It’s fine. Everything you say here is correct. It’s just a hollow thing because we won’t really find out if Zach Wilson can pass a football until midseason of next year, which is not as cool as knowing.

5 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Put up or shut up.  I don’t work for free.

I’ll send Max the money to hold on your agreement.

Come on, tough guy.  1K to charity.

I would trust the dolphins first jerko. Maybe you should change your name, since you hate Zach so much. Change it to Dippy. Then we would call you dip for short, and we would already know your last name too. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Lawrence has like 1 TD in the last 8 weeks and the Jags have lost 7 in a row.

dog, what are you even arguing right now 

Right, but he’s out there running an adult-oriented offense and taking his lumps. Wilson is running an offense you’d run if Luke Falk was your QB.

• Post of the Week 3

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes the guy that did the fundraiser for Max’s wife and made sure every dollar got directed the right way clearly can’t be trusted with paying up.

Low-key funniest thing in that thread was when Schroy himself said he made a donation and then "shared the link on Gab" which is code for, "there's no one left in my family who talks to me."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Wilson has not looked great but he is at least doing two good things.  He is not turning it over and he is running when he gets the chance.  Like it or not this is growth.  Whether he develops anymore time will tell but these are godo baby steps.  He is no throwing games away.

He has looked more comfortable in the pocket, going through his progressions and now he is hitting almost All the layups, as he should.  That problem came out of nowhere and looks well on its way to being corrected.  There were more drops today from his Canadian receivers with the ball placed accurately, his American ones hadn’t been much better, neither get separation.  Get him some more real NFL talent on the outside, Moore comes back and Michael Carter looks like a real NFL back, two excellent picks by Joe Douglas, the layups will branch out to explosive plays, I’m getting confident you’ll see that.

Pre injury, you could see it in his eyes, he was swimming mentally, it all was too much (forgivable for a Rookie)....Now?  Not so much.  And you’re seeing that on a weekly basis.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Advanced metrics had him ahead, last I saw them.

And I’m not holding out hope for one of the most impressive leaps we’ve ever seen.

I gotcha.  At this point, it’s all we can hope for though so time to throw your hands up and take the good as it comes  ??‍♂️.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s fine. Everything you say here is correct. It’s just a hollow thing because we won’t really find out if Zach Wilson can pass a football until midseason of next year, which is not as cool as knowing.

The guy came to play and played good enough to win. He was a Katy Perry lyric today.

Also I’m allowed to write sentences like that second one because I have a daughter.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

I would trust the dolphins first jerko. Maybe you should change your name, since you hate Zach so much. Change it to Dippy. Then we would call you dip for short, and we would already know your last name too. 

You don't need to trust me, as I said I would send the money to Max via venmo the moment you agreed.  He could confirm.

But hey, if you're this big a pussy, that's fine to.  Personally, I'm not surprised.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Right, but he’s out there running an adult-oriented offense and taking his lumps. Wilson is running an offense you’d run if Luke Falk was your QB.

Lol, what has Mac Jones been running all year? This is weak sauce. 

I usually like your takes but whatever bias you have against the QB is blinding you.

Berrios, Wilson, and Carter made the plays that won this game today. Meanwhile, sunshine threw the ball into the ground on 3rd and goal from the 1. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

I’d trade ZW for TL tomorrow 

That being said TL looked more disappointing today, had all day to throw , under threw some TDs if he leads the receiver right, late on reads, and his deep ball looked weak, not to mention the running backwards and being afraid to step up in the pocket.

Not that ZW was much better but he never had half the time TL did and didn’t have anyone open like TL did all day

And again I take TL over ZW all day every day 

1 minute ago, Anthony Jet said:

I’d trade ZW for TL tomorrow 

That being said TL looked more disappointing today, had all day to throw , under threw some TDs if he leads the receiver right, late on reads, and his deep ball looked weak, not to mention the running backwards and being afraid to step up in the pocket.

Not that ZW was much better but he never had half the time TL did and didn’t have anyone open like TL did all day

And again I take TL over ZW all day every day 

Any points taken away for the 2 strip fumbles he gave up?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It would if he hadn’t also sucked all year with a reasonable supporting cast.

Today was the norm for Wilson, not a blip.  Fans trying to justify a day where their # 2 overall pick barely made it to triple digit yards and less than 5.0 YPA against the stupid Jaguars need to raise the f**king bar for once, not continue to lower it.

You were expecting 300+ yards passing today with the other 10 guys around Wilson going to be working at Jiffy Lube next week?  He took what they gave him, and notched a Win, with that garbage squad.  Cant ask for more today.

I know he has looked terrible at times this year, but not really anymore since coming back from the injury.

He has won Rookie of the Week Twice this year, he has made some throws Mac Jones couldn’t hit if you gave him 100 years.

I’m not saying Wilson won’t bust, so many do, but you’re way way early if you’re closing his book right now.

• Upvote 2