Zack Wilson absolutely roasted on Jets Postgame show

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

It's amazing it's the same quotations that started back with Mark Sanchez' downward slide and it's been happening now for 11 straight seasons of no playoff Jets football. But Hey Zach Wilson won THREE WBC championship belts this season for being the best rookie scrub of the week-he may even win another! Man, some of these Jets fans have no idea what a winning franchise looks like.

Yeah, "I want every single guy who wears that uniform to be great, without exception" seems odd.  

LOL

40 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

What about the defensive call at the end with the safety scrambling to pick up the receiver near the endzone when all you had to do was keep him in front of you????? 

Riley screwed that up. Did the same thing on the play before, not getting deep enough 

• Upvote 1

I prefer that the call was made by Wilson and not the coaching staff, if that is what happened. A 22 year old rookie QB making a mistake is better than the OC and HC thinking a QB sneak was the best play call to gain 2 yards. 

I don’t see how sneaking for a first down is hero ball by Wilson. The OL would have gotten the credit. I’m not sure a QB sneak leads to personal glory. 

I have not watched the Jets post game show in years. It has become a joke. Instead of analyzing the game, it appears the goal is controversy and  sound bites. I won’t watch it. After reading about the criticism Wilson took on the show for his response to Dick Cimini’s question 2 weeks ago and now this week’s criticism, you have to be a fool to watch these clowns. 

• Upvote 1

It just wasn't smart letting a young rookie QB have an option to QB sneak if he thought he could get it. Wilson didn't know that they would pinch on the snap so Todd Bowles baited Wilson on the QB sneak. Should have stuck with handing it to Berrios. Also Wilson should have let the OL know a signal if he was going to sneak for blocking adjustment but that we do not know

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Bart Scott went all in on his Zach hate pre-draft. Like many on this site he’s incredibly dig in on Zach failing. 
It sucks because he’s ruined that post game show I used to love.  I just go to the ration now.

Zach just had his best game of his career - is showing an incredible amount of progress.  And they’re attacking him for running the play that was called.  Very sad.  

No one actually wants Zach to fail.  I've been extremely critical of him, and was largely unimpressed last week.  However, this week, I loved what I saw from him.  It was a very impressive performance.

I don't get the hate on the 4th and 2.  To me at least, it's so clear that some signals got crossed.  The season is lost, the play helped our draft stock, and it's not a meaningful harbinger of anything in the future.  Every concern I've had about Wilson is about stuff I worry isn't fixable or won't be fixed.  This was a screw up that may be on coaching or may be on him or may be some combination of both.  I don't see it happening again.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Well that’s clearly not what happened, per the head coach.  

You think the head coach is going to throw Wilson under the bus? Saleh put it on himself by saying he has to do a better job ensuring what’s communicated is understood.

The call was to hand off to Berrios. Wilson did his own thing. Saleh covered for him
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DLJ said:

You think the head coach is going to throw Wilson under the bus? Saleh put it on himself by saying he has to do a better job ensuring what’s communicated is understood.

The call was to hand off to Berrios. Wilson did his own thing. Saleh covered for him

Agree...that's just naive thinking by that guy.

5 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

No one actually wants Zach to fail.  I've been extremely critical of him, and was largely unimpressed last week.  However, this week, I loved what I saw from him.  It was a very impressive performance.

I don't get the hate on the 4th and 2.  To me at least, it's so clear that some signals got crossed.  The season is lost, the play helped our draft stock, and it's not a meaningful harbinger of anything in the future.  Every concern I've had about Wilson is about stuff I worry isn't fixable or won't be fixed.  This was a screw up that may be on coaching or may be on him or may be some combination of both.  I don't see it happening again.

I think it was a bad call from the start. Gotta have him roll out and try to find someone in the EZ or run it in himself. 

Diving into THAT line with a good 2 yards to go was set up to fail from the beginning. Zach’s done about 10 QB sneaks this year and he’s never gained more than a yard. Usually stuffed. He’s a little guy and that line is massive. 

Got to give him a better play call. 

And Berrios was already limping. 

But like you said, doesn’t hurt our draft position and maybe he and the OC learn something from this. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, DLJ said:

The way it was explained was that it's a normal play they call with two options depending on the presnap reads. One option is the QB sneak, the other is an end around to Berrios. Allegedly, the communication was supposed to tell Zach to forget the QB sneak and only do the end around. They're saying Zach missed that communication.

Sounds reasonable but for some it will be impossible to not go with the Zach called his own number narrative.

Either could be true. Tearing the guy apart for something you don't know to be true is pretty lame.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

SNY post game has been unwatchable all year. There “hot takes” are terrible and very unprofessional 

All of those guys pre draft were ALL IN on the Jets drafting Fields or Lance. 

They've been sh*tty to the kid all year. They need to clean house on the post game. 

Just now, Peace Frog said:

I think it was a bad call from the start. Gotta have him roll out and try to find someone in the EZ or run it in himself. 

Diving into THAT line with a good 2 yards to go was set up to fail from the beginning. Zach’s done about 10 QB sneaks this year and he’s never gained more than a yard. Usually stuffed. He’s a little guy and that line is massive. 

Got to give him a better play call. 

And Berrios was already limping. 

But like you said, doesn’t hurt our draft position and maybe he and the OC learn something from this. 

Again, the literal moment the play ended, my thought was something got screwed up.  Good point re: Berrios limping.

I don't get it at all, but I don't care either.  It's not predictive of further problems.

We looked good today, we keep the higher pick, and the DBs involved in the last drive won't be on the field when this team is ready to compete for anything.

• Upvote 4

Just now, ZachEY said:

We looked good today, we keep the higher pick, and the DBs involved in the last drive won't be on the field when this team is ready to compete for anything.

I don’t know about that. All of our DBs are first and second year players, some of them actually look pretty good. 

If we can once in a generation find a pass rush I think our secondary could be really good for a bunch of years. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The way it was explained was that it's a normal play they call with two options depending on the presnap reads. One option is the QB sneak, the other is an end around to Berrios. Allegedly, the communication was supposed to tell Zach to forget the QB sneak and only do the end around. They're saying Zach missed that communication.

Sounds reasonable but for some it will be impossible to not go with the Zach called his own number narrative.

Either could be true. Tearing the guy apart for something you don't know to be true is pretty lame.

Watching the replay, it is interesting to see Berrio's reaction...he puts his hands to his helmet as in disbelief over what has just happened...that is more telling to me than whatever bull they say in the postgame presser which you can be assured they all have discussed what the company line will be when asked questions.  

• Sympathy 1

What's funny about Scott calling Zach an egomaniac is that Zach has scaled back his earlier tendencies quite a bit. The kid is for all intents and purposes, playing within the system the coaching staff has called for. Attacking the decision is appropriate, but attacking the kid's characters is unprofessional. Is Bart Scott an uber Mike White fan or something?

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I don’t know about that. All of our DBs are first and second year players, some of them actually look pretty good. 

If we can once in a generation find a pass rush I think our secondary could be really good for a bunch of years. 

Honestly, I was talking more about the safeties.  We were at the bottom of the scrap heap there.

4 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Watching the replay, it is interesting to see Berrio's reaction...he puts his hands to his helmet as in disbelief over what has just happened...that is more telling to me than whatever bull they say in the postgame presser which you can be assured they all have discussed what the company line will be when asked questions.  

I too am surprised that a football player put his hands on his helmet in reaction to a crucial failed 4th down attempt.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Berrios got hurt immediately before that play. He was limping out of the huddle, was barely putting weight on his right leg.  We know Zach didn’t score but there was no way Berrios was either. 

11 minutes ago, yvj said:

What's funny about Scott calling Zach an egomaniac is that Zach has scaled back his earlier tendencies quite a bit. The kid is for all intents and purposes, playing within the system the coaching staff has called for. Attacking the decision is appropriate, but attacking the kid's characters is unprofessional. Is Bart Scott an uber Mike White fan or something?

No, I don't think he's a fan of White at all. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Berrios got hurt immediately before that play. He was limping out of the huddle, was barely putting weight on his right leg.  We know Zach didn’t score but there was no way Berrios was either. 

You don't know that..Berrios ran perfectly fine while in motion on that play and was clearly expecting to be handed or lateraled the ball. 

Just now, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

You don't know that..Berrios ran perfectly fine while in motion on that play and was clearly expecting to be handed or lateraled the ball. 

I don’t know what.

I didn’t see him get up gingerly, not put any weight on his leg and limp to the formation? 

You realize I was watching the game and not listening on radio, right?