Zack Wilson absolutely roasted on Jets Postgame show

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don’t think anyone here is angry we went on 4th.

This issue is the play call/play result.

And let’s be honest, the game was over after that failure. The Jets Defense, historically bad all year, is not capable of stopping TB on a final 2-minute drive. We all know it and knew it at the time.

I’m just trying to put it in perspective. That’s all. 

11 hours ago, ZachEY said:

I mean, it just seems too stupid to be true.

If Wilson converted on the sneak, no one would be talking about the amazing QB sneak.  He'd get the same exact "glory" had he handed the ball off to Berrios who converted, as if he converted himself.  When was the last time anyone ever celebrated a QB for a sneak?

I think Bart’s experience playing with Sanchez has made him dislike young QBs, and Wilson has been terrible for the majority of the year, so he hasn’t done much to change Bart’s mind. If you’re a defensive player and you just spent three hours holding down Tom Brady and the Buccaneers offense, you’d probably be pretty chapped at that QB sneak play. Saleh should have unambiguously taken responsibility for the call instead of equivocating, because it left an opening for people who are Wilson skeptics to slam Wilson, whether he deserves it or not. I also think Saleh was super happy to talk about the sneak instead of talking about why he had one backup safety defending the goal line with 20 seconds left and the Bucs having no time outs. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

And when do QBs get glorified for a QB sneak?  

Exactly.  This wasn't even for the TD...

It was for a first down - a first down QB sneak doesn't even make the news.  If it was for the TD - they still wouldn't remotely justify what I've been told happened...but at least it would be based on some realistic premise.

But it's clearly personal and very sad.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Agreed.  And are you telling me that Bart Scott loved every QB he played with in his career?  He's not being a professional here.  The post game show, which was very good in the early 2010s, is now designed purely to create controversy and is a joke.  Want to watch a good post game show, watch the Islanders broadcast.   Balanced, informative, professional.  The Jets - biased, intentionally provocative, unprofessional.  There is a reason why I don't read most of the Jets beat writers, don't listen to local sports talk, and don't watch this show and yesterday's crap fest justifies this decision. Total garbage.  

And when do QBs get glorified for a QB sneak?  Even Jerry Kramer got much more credit for the block than Bart Starr for the TD on the most famous QB sneak in NFL history. 

100% spot on . It was must see with Klecko, Lucas and Schein….I went there to get real insight and takeaways …it’s the definition of a clown show now . I never watch it , I honestly only knew this happened because of the thread about it on here ..but Its been clear from day 1 Scott hated this kid and can’t control himself enough to be a professional, he’s a joke , the worst type of media clown we have right now in a sea of clowns. 

• Upvote 1

The next time Bart Scott brings up charachter someone should throw a tape on of the 2011 AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh.  First series the Steelers run a 15 play 9:06 minute TD drive to open the game by running the ball right down Bart Scotts throat.  

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed Zach Wilson's game yesterday and I also enjoyed Bart, Willie and Leger's take on SNY.  It's an opinion based on their real world professional football player experience , you don't have to agree with it.

Some Fans hate to hear any criticism;  Cimini, Bart, Willie, Leger, Ray Lucas, Mark Cannizzarro, Conor Hughes all get roasted when they express an honest opinion.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

I enjoyed Zach Wilson's game yesterday and I also enjoyed Bart, Willie and Leger's take on SNY.  It's an opinion based on their real world professional football player experience , you don't have to agree with it.

Some Fans hate to hear any criticism;  Cimini, Bart, Willie, Leger, Ray Lucas, Mark Cannizzarro, Conor Hughes all get roasted when they express an honest opinion.

This is different and anyone paying attention knows it.

For whatever reason Bart Scott has a strong dislike for Wilson.  It's far beyond what happens on the football field.

• Upvote 2

I thought it was a bit much. Character flaw? Selfish?

Aaron Rodgers is a walking character flaw and people worship him because dude can ball. Can we focus on if Zach can play the game of football first before we start nitpicking his mental makeup?

That said, my god what a dumb decision. ALOL that he though he could make those 2 yards….

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

I get it, Zach is a rookie....  he is also a starter in the NFL.   The call he made today was atrocious,  cost us a game, and he deserves criticism....

It didnt cost us the game.

The defense was tasked with holding a lead with little time left and the Bucs out of TO's.  Thats where the game was lost.  

People seem to forget that theres two main parts to the game, offense and defense.  The D got torched for over 400 passing yards again on Sunday, seems like most of it on the Bucs last two drives.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

This is different and anyone paying attention knows it.

For whatever reason Bart Scott has a strong dislike for Wilson.  It's far beyond what happens on the football field.

Their criticism doesn't take away from my genuine enjoyment of Zach Wilson's ongoing development as a quarterback or his great play yesterday.

I don't need to turn unleash a vendetta against anyone who criticizes Zac. People will people. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The same comment is regularly aimed at any JN poster critical or doubting of Zach.

Simply untrue.

There are certainly a handful of people here like that - no question.  That have made it personal - like Bart -  it's rather Bizarre.

But I think most are trying to be honest.  Some, IMO, are overlly critical and stick to their position because of their pre-draft positions - but that is also different.

I've found you to be reasonable in your assessments of Zach of late.  Even if I disagree...

• Upvote 2

Should be mentioned that this isn’t the first time we’ve heard of Zach Wilson having poor leadership skills. You’ll remember that one of the big stories throughout the draft process was that Wilson wasn’t considered a great leader at BYU (which both Zach and his HC acknowledged), and that he didn’t get the ‘C’ until the coaches retrofit it for him (only after an injury to another player) after his team failed to vote for him to be a Captain. Add in the orgiastic manner in which the team responded to Mike White, and maybe there’s something to the claim that Zach is having some difficulties meshing with his teammates in that leadership role. He seems like a nice dude and a hard worker, but that doesn’t always translate when you’re trying to lead. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

59 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

There's something strange about the SNY crew when it comes to Zach Wilson.

It's been pretty crazy all year -- they clearly dislike him personally. And this is not me saying he's undeserving of criticism. He's been awful.

But the way they go after him feels motivated by something else.

It does seem strange that they all think a D Jones needs more time going into his 3rd season and then they go after Wilson, always add "who has struggle this year" whenever bringing up his name and Wilsons numbers are better than Jones across the board.  

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It didnt cost us the game.

The defense was tasked with holding a lead with little time left and the Bucs out of TO's.  Thats where the game was lost.  

People seem to forget that theres two main parts to the game, offense and defense.  The D got torched for over 400 passing yards again on Sunday, seems like most of it on the Bucs last two drives.

Sure it did.  We get the first there and the game is over.   Don't even need to score.

But I agree 100% that our D laid a massive egg at the end, too.  Brady went down the field like we've seen him do a million times.   Also made no sense to have single coverage on the winning TD.  But that's what we've come to expect from the supposed defensive guru Saleh and his minion/inept idiot Ulbrich.

• Upvote 1

Esiason's take on this (for whatever that is worth), is that the play caller needs to communicate to Zach that the "option" for this play CANNOT be used. DO NOT SWITCH THE PLAYAT THE LINE.

He said that young players have to be told that, and that Wyche had a system with him in conveying that message.

Also said that Saleh seemed very earnest in the critique of the staff, and that is where the blame lies.

Again, for whatever that is worth.

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

There's something strange about the SNY crew when it comes to Zach Wilson.

It's been pretty crazy all year -- they clearly dislike him personally. And this is not me saying he's undeserving of criticism. He's been awful.

But the way they go after him feels motivated by something else.

You have to wonder if he’s getting feedback from the locker room because he clearly continues to question his leadership and almost his character.  Zach seems like a nice kid but also seems socially awkward.  I could see if he’s not loved by all and Scott is getting that feedback and taking it to the bank.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

You have to wonder if he’s getting feedback from the locker room because he clearly continues to question his leadership and almost his character.  Zach seems like a nice kid but also seems socially awkward.  I could see if he’s not loved by all and Scott is getting that feedback and taking it to the bank.  

Oh, no.   The dreaded "nice kid" comment.  Exactly what some said to defend Darnold and the other busts.

• Haha 1

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Esiason's take on this (for whatever that is worth), is that the play caller needs to communicate to Zach that the "option" for this play CANNOT be used. DO NOT SWITCH THE PLAYAT THE LINE.

He said that young players have to be told that, and that Wyche had a system with him in conveying that message.

Also said that Saleh seemed very earnest in the critique of the staff, and that is where the blame lies.

Again, for whatever that is worth.

It was an horrendous play call.  

Zach barely gets a yard on his QB sneaks, often stuffed at the line. 

He was NEVER getting 2 yards plus against that massive front. 

Never should have been an option. Roll out, short pass into the EZ or he runs it in himself. 

That was 100% a coaching failure. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Hypothetically speaking, Scott and CJ Mosley have that Ravens/Jets connection and Mosley is currently living in hell here. Does anyone think Mosley, if asked behind closed doors, would say that he’s loving life with Zach as his QB? 

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It was an horrendous play call.  

Zach barely gets a yard on his QB sneaks, often stuffed at the line. 

He was NEVER getting 2 yards plus against that massive front. 

Never should have been an option. Roll out, short pass into the EZ or he runs it in himself. 

That was 100% a coaching failure. 

Yeah, let's put the game on a 122 pound QB sneak into the teeth of their line.  lol  This team's coaches and players never cease to amuse.

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

@T0mShane tried to start this gossip yesterday based on pure nothing. 

Bart wanted Justin Fields. 

That’s the headline, not that teammates don’t like him or view him as a leader. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hypothetically speaking, Scott and CJ Mosley have that Ravens/Jets connection and Mosley is currently living in hell here. Does anyone think Mosley, if asked behind closed doors, would say that he’s loving life with Zach as his QB? 

Probably tells Bart anything to take the heat off of his and his defensive units play. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Meh, you’re speculating yourself and I think there could be something to the locker room speculation.  This is clearly motivated by more than just he wanted a different QB and he had questionable leadership skills in college.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

More conjecture based on pure made up speculation. 

Nice work, can’t question his play, let’s question his leadership. 

Well done Tom, you’ve developed your new schtick. 

Can’t wait for the hundreds of posts reiterating this with conviction until next April. 

16 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Bart Scott went all in on his Zach hate pre-draft. Like many on this site he’s incredibly dig in on Zach failing. 
It sucks because he’s ruined that post game show I used to love.  I just go to the ration now.

Zach just had his best game of his career - is showing an incredible amount of progress.  And they’re attacking him for running the play that was called.  Very sad.  

While I dont think players throw games for draft slots I do think coaches do.  From the cover zero Greg Williams call to this 4th and 2 call. Give TB the chance for the comeback and take the L on what was otherwise a great day from this team.

Just now, JiFapono said:

Meh, you’re speculating yourself and I think is something to the locker room speculation.  This is clearly motivated by more than just he wanted a different QB and he had questionable leadership skills in college.  

I listen to Bart almost every day on Bart and Hahn. He’s kind of a moron.

Entertaining. 

But a moron. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

What if Bart wanted Justin Fields because Justin Fields was the acknowledged leader of a top-2 FBS program that churns out NFL players while Zach Wilson was out in Utah fighting for his starting job?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Now I understand the concept of a vet not enjoying a disappointing season. But I don't know if Mosley of all people has any high ground to grumble about anything here.