Zack Wilson absolutely roasted on Jets Postgame show

3 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

If the call was really Zach's himself, which it seems he's admitting as much, then it was definitely a bad decision from him on that play.

With that said, it was still far and away his best game as a pro.  This is hardly the kind of situation that comes up with great frequency, and when it does, hopefully it's just a lesson learned once in a situation where outcome of a game means anything more than us hoping to enjoy Brady's misery.

In the end, I'll gladly take an overall good game from Zach, with a bad play or two to hope he learns from, then the opposite of an overall bad game with a good play or two instead, which we saw on too many occasions earlier this season.  Now let's hope it continues to trend further in an improved direction.

Maybe they should put that selfish little prick up in the booth. Worked for LaFleur. 

• Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, Jet25 said:

It just wasn't smart letting a young rookie QB have an option to QB sneak if he thought he could get it. Wilson didn't know that they would pinch on the snap so Todd Bowles baited Wilson on the QB sneak. Should have stuck with handing it to Berrios. Also Wilson should have let the OL know a signal if he was going to sneak for blocking adjustment but that we do not know

I ve watched the play a bunch of times now and there is no audible. It looks like a live option Wilson makes at the snap like an rpo.  

• Upvote 1

the poor decision was the idiotic playcall honestly. there never should have been a playcall that involved a possible qb sneak at all. it was ******* stupid

Dude stop it. It’s common ******* sense that the QB sneak was not the right call there. That’s on Zach, honestly that was a Geno-esque level of stupid on his part. I don’t care if the A gap is wide open (it wasn’t at all), it’s 4th and 2. I’ve said it all year the kid is not very football smart.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, ausman said:

Yeah… having some time to think about this, I think the postgame crew showed why it can be a little dangerous to have only ex-player vets on the show.  I think Ralph Vechiano has this right.  Zach made a rookie mistake.  He did perform the play as written up.  He saw an A gap and went with the option the playbook calls for — the QB sneak.  A more seasoned QB would have realized that the Buc D leaving the gap was a trap and would have been more likely to choose the hand off option.  Coach Saleh was right.  The OC and he should have helped Zach by explicitly taking the choice away from him.  A first year coaching staff and a rookie QB combined to make a mistake that will likely be corrected in the future.  That’s all.

And the real silver lining - it’s another lesson learned.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Watching the replay, it is interesting to see Berrio's reaction...he puts his hands to his helmet as in disbelief over what has just happened...that is more telling to me than whatever bull they say in the postgame presser which you can be assured they all have discussed what the company line will be when asked questions.  

I just watched the play 4-5 times. Berrios never did that. He just unhooked his chin strap and walked off.  

• Upvote 1

Bart, Willie and LD on the SNY after game show are 100% correct. The Play call was a hand off to Berrios (sweep) but if Zachapono got a certain look, plan B was the QB sneak. This is factual. All the people bitching on here about Zach being a super star are the same people who drive alone and wear a face mask. Also Zach blatantly lied after the game saying that there was an opening in the "A" gap and that's why he went with the sneak instead of the hand off. Reality is that you could not have fit a post card in between the A and B gap on that play. Bucs had their big DT's in selling out all to clog the middle. There was no room. "A" Gap? WTF? And Peter Pan added that "WE" (not I) need to execute that play better. Im sure the O line appreciates being pushed under the bus when that play is all on Zach trying to be Jordan and hit the last shot. UGH. Watch the reply. The facts are right there for Gods sake!!!!!!! Hand it off and the Jets win. Even Mr Meek, Saleh said so after the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 6
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lets be honest here.  These guys dont like zach cause hes an entitled, rich kid who has more talent is his pinky finger then any of them had.

What they are not realizing is having talent, being entitled and rich get you no where in the nfl.  To be as good as Zach is, you have to work tremendously hard at your craft.

If lamar jackson was our qb and did this, they would not be attacking his character.

He is still statistically one of the worst QBs in the league.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

He is still statistically one of the worst QBs in the league.

This is such a lazy take.  I really don't understand how after today you could still be posting this.

It's like a guy who was 200 lbs overweight who lost 100 lbs and is still working hard losing weight and you tell him he's still a fat slob.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Because its factually correct.

If you think the season stats accurately describe what we saw today, it's a fact you're either being deliberately obtuse, incredibly lazy, are blind, or just don't like the kid no matter what.  Whatever it is, you're clowning yourself.

• Upvote 3

Just now, rtnelson said:

If you think the season stats accurately describe what we saw today, it's a fact you're either being deliberately obtuse, incredibly lazy, are blind, or just don't like the kid no matter what.  Whatever it is, you're clowning yourself.

What I saw today was what we have seen more than once already from him this season. He had a really good half, and the other half the offense stalled and he didnt do much.

10 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

What agenda? I want to see the Jets win focking NFL football games, I don't have any other thoughts or feelings about anything else except I would sure like to see the Jets play in one more Super Bowl game before I die and with this ownership and these coaches and this cast of characters I don't see that happening. But hey, we can go back and re-live all the Chad Pennington is better than Tom Brady arguments because we can cite one stat and that will be good enough for this generation of Jets fans

Calm down.

• Sympathy 1

I’m stunned the game on the line and we are  running through them all day and Wilson inexplicably throws a pass on the 2 yard line and gets intercepted …

Oh sorry wrong Wilson

Brady drove 93 yards on the defense. They stop Brady the qb sneak fail  is a footnote. Jets didn’t lose because of that one play. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

This is on Saleh.  He's the HC.  He should have taken the points and let his D try and close out the game.  Worst case secenario, they tie it and go into OT. There was no need to go for it there. 

What about another option where the Bucs score a TD and a 2pt conversion? Which is what they actually did? You don't get OT in that scenario.

This is the same D that hardly managed to stop the Jags last week in the same scenario, and you're going to trust them to stop Mr GOAT who makes a living out of this stuff?

7 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Dude stop it. It’s common ******* sense that the QB sneak was not the right call there. That’s on Zach, honestly that was a Geno-esque level of stupid on his part. I don’t care if the A gap is wide open (it wasn’t at all), it’s 4th and 2. I’ve said it all year the kid is not very football smart.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He didnt call the play. He was given the play and it was to make a quick read to either keep it or hand to berrios. It was a stupid play call. I've been extremely critical of Wilson all season. 

4 hours ago, #90 said:

Bart, Willie and LD on the SNY after game show are 100% correct. The Play call was a hand off to Berrios (sweep) but if Zachapono got a certain look, plan B was the QB sneak. This is factual. All the people bitching on here about Zach being a super star are the same people who drive alone and wear a face mask. Also Zach blatantly lied after the game saying that there was an opening in the "A" gap and that's why he went with the sneak instead of the hand off. Reality is that you could not have fit a post card in between the A and B gap on that play. Bucs had their big DT's in selling out all to clog the middle. There was no room. "A" Gap? WTF? And Peter Pan added that "WE" (not I) need to execute that play better. Im sure the O line appreciates being pushed under the bus when that play is all on Zach trying to be Jordan and hit the last shot. UGH. Watch the reply. The facts are right there for Gods sake!!!!!!! Hand it off and the Jets win. Even Mr Meek, Saleh said so after the game.

He made a bad read no doubt. But it never should have been on the table. The play call was ******* stupid. 

6 hours ago, #90 said:

Zach's a rookie QB.  Why give him an RPO option?  

Lets say Zach screwed up.  Why let a banged up TB team march down the field with no timeouts, bad field position and needing a TD get a TD?  

Zach isn't a super star.  He's an super talent in a league full of super talented QB's.  The fog is lifting for him.  He still needs coaching and a supporting cast.  The coaching was awaful and the supporting cast is awful.  Depsite that our Defensivly brilliant CEO, leader of men HC watched as our D was completely obliterated with everything in their favor.  

The entire point of going for it was TB needed a TD and a field goal just gives them better field position to work with.   Saleh was clearly playing for the possability that we don't make it.  If the D doesn't crap in their pants nobody is crapping on Zach.  

I have no issue with Zach screwing up.  Zach was given a rookie coaching staff that threw him to the wolves from day 1.   Zach came from a small program.  He needs help.  While he's getting almost no help he's still developing and getting better.  There is absolutely no reason for Zach to have to think at all on that play.  You run the best play in the book and either make it or don't.  If you don't you force them to throw short and in bounds and eat the clock.   

• Upvote 1

i didn't watch the game but it sure seemed like wilson picked the wrong option for the play.  saleh pretty much said so during his presser.  wilson said he saw space in the a gap but i fail to see where there was one .  maybe the bart scott crew was a little over the top in their criticism but this game basically came down to executing this one play and it's pretty clear from the replay that berrios had a much better chance.  and we can't fault them for going for it.  going up by 6 in that situation doesn't really help much considering the opposing qb is brady.  and, as others have said, the defense had a chance to win the game too.

• Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

So. It actually was open.  
Comical the hate for this kid. He’s done absolutely nothing to deserve it. 

It is honestly one of the more strange and bizarre thing I’ve seen as a Jet fan. 

I think there are two things at play here. People have PTSD after Sanchez, Geno, and especially Darnold. So the coping mechanism is to loathe the new guy so they can’t be hurt again. I also think him looking like the popular kid from a teen movie is triggering, especially for these alpha male dicks. 

I’m not saying people who don’t believe in him as a QB are wrong. But the vitriol sent Wilson’s way is very bizarre. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I will not watch a thing on SNY moving forward until those clowns are fired.  Disgraceful to rip a kids character when he just made a rookie mistake.

I am speechless about this. I cannot believe that Scott and company ripped Wilson's character of all things. Former players who know how purposely  difficult and totally unfair this town's media can be most of the time most of the time? Congratulations, you are not one of us anymore you are them! Wilson has character issues with little mention of how Antonio Brown runs shirtless on the field? Ridiculous. Yeah, the 22 year old rookie who is progressing each week and had the forward thinking and selflessness on Christmas Day to gift his tickets to a waitress has character issues? And if you think that doesnt matter he also happened to outplayed Tom Brady and a top Todd Bowels defense much of the game. I was tuning in briefly to SNY less and less the last few weeks and now I will totally boycott. Like @Green Bean , @bla bla bla and others have stated, #boycottthebeat

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

14 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I think there are two things at play here. People have PTSD after Sanchez, Geno, and especially Darnold. So the coping mechanism is to loathe the new guy so they can’t be hurt again. I also think him looking like the popular kid from a teen movie is triggering, especially for these alpha male dicks. 

I’m not saying people who don’t believe in him as a QB are wrong. But the vitriol sent Wilson’s way is very bizarre. 

This is right. Absolutely the wrong read there and a mistake but those were personal attacks the SNY crew the at him. 

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

Bottom line. If the Jets are 11-4 they kick the field goal. 

they were a 4-11 team. Why not go for it? Wilson executes poorly. The defense has a chance to save the day - they don’t. Cost: they are a 4-12 team.

I don’t think anyone here is angry we went on 4th.

This issue is the play call/play result.

And let’s be honest, the game was over after that failure. The Jets Defense, historically bad all year, is not capable of stopping TB on a final 2-minute drive. We all know it and knew it at the time.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Great take. Spot on. Bizzare take by some fans. If they are even Jets fans