Jets/Bills Weather Forecast

Playing for BYU I'm sure Zach is used to some insane weather conditions. If I am not mistaken, I believe this is the first NFL game of the season where the weather plays a factor. Anyone with more knowledege (BYU fans/live in Utah/other) have some insight of Zach's success level during inclement weather? Curious to see how it plays out for him.

The forecast for Sunday's game is low 40's with rain showers that could turn to snow showers, with 45 mph wind gusts, per WIVB.

The winds look to approach the winds we had in the Monday Night Football game against the New England Patriots in early December, only this time, with rain showers and maybe mixing into snow showers.

That kind of weather could impact the way the Bills and Jets play, and certainly alter potential game plans.

Read More: Horrible Weather Forecasted For The Bills Game This Sunday | https://wyrk.com/horrible-weather-bills-jets/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

30 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I think ZW does okay in the cold (been playing in cold and snow since H.S., and of course he has a strong arm, but so does J.A.), but 20 mph + wind can shut down any passing game. This game could be low scoring and interesting, meaning, one play on either side could be huge.

Yes, Zach's upbringing in cold weather will at least give him some examples of what to expect. I remember  Mark Sanchez having  little to no experience playing at USC and growing up in southern California. After the positive growth we've seen from Zach its a bit of a let down if the weather is such a factor that there are very few passes but will be a great experience for Zach and the young Jets. Very weird that it took until week 17 to have an extreme weather game. The positive is that he experiences this on the NFL level and will have a better understanding of how to prepare for it next season and beyond

11 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Yes, Zach's upbringing in cold weather will at least give him some examples of what to expect. I remember  Mark Sanchez having  little to no experience playing at USC and growing up in southern California. After the positive growth we've seen from Zach its a bit of a let down if the weather is such a factor that there are very few passes but will be a great experience for Zach and the young Jets. Very weird that it took until week 17 to have an extreme weather game. The positive is that he experiences this on the NFL level and will have a better understanding of how to prepare for it next season and beyond

For sure. Especially if we get into playoff ball in the next couple of years. We'll see what happens tomorrow. I assumed last week v. the Bucs would be a runaway game by the Bucs. It was very entertaining though. 

@Hal N of Provo

you really

4 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Playing for BYU I'm sure Zach is used to some insane weather conditions. If I am not mistaken, I believe this is the first NFL game of the season where the weather plays a factor. Anyone with more knowledege (BYU fans/live in Utah/other) have some insight of Zach's success level during inclement weather? Curious to see how it plays out for him.

The forecast for Sunday's game is low 40's with rain showers that could turn to snow showers, with 45 mph wind gusts, per WIVB.

The winds look to approach the winds we had in the Monday Night Football game against the New England Patriots in early December, only this time, with rain showers and maybe mixing into snow showers.

That kind of weather could impact the way the Bills and Jets play, and certainly alter potential game plans.

Read More: Horrible Weather Forecasted For The Bills Game This Sunday | https://wyrk.com/horrible-weather-bills-jets/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

from Provo? what do you think of Zach in cold bad weather? 

2 hours ago, doitny said:

@Hal N of Provo

you really

from Provo? what do you think of Zach in cold bad weather? 

In rain games at BYU where the other QB was having it slip out and go all over in the wind I remember how odd it was that Zach’s passes looked like it was sunny and 70.  He’s is used to the cold.

The pass coverage, 3rd string LT and lack of weaponz is what gives me low expectations.  

(I did live in Provo for a while but live in Texas now) 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

In rain games at BYU where the other QB was having it slip out and go all over in the wind I remember how odd it was that Zach’s passes looked like it was sunny and 70.  He’s is used to the cold.

The pass coverage, 3rd string LT and lack of weaponz is what gives me low expectations.  

thanks.

i figure he must be good considering that he played his home games in a cold snowy place.

• Upvote 1

Any one going? My daughter goes to a school 1:30 min away from Buffalo so I brought her back to school today... tomorrow we're driving to Buffalo, tailgating with a mix of fans/family from her school and I'm just looking for a respectable effort from both units...seems the D is somewhat heathy so IF the offense (wounded) can give enough of an effort to not keep the D on the field all the time, could be a fun day... and snow could make it a cool experience.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I don't recall any games being down near freezing and rain/sleet/snow during Zach's tenure.  I know the rain was a major factor in this years Boise game. :facepalm:

I wouldn't compare the weather in Buffalo to Provo.  The Salt Lake Valley is basically a high desert, Buffalo could bury your house in snow.

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

I don't recall any games being down near freezing and rain/sleet/snow during Zach's tenure.  I know the rain was a major factor in this years Boise game. :facepalm:

I wouldn't compare the weather in Buffalo to Provo.  The Salt Lake Valley is basically a high desert, Buffalo could bury your house in snow.

Not trying to say it’s the same, just I don’t think it matters as much as it will for some QBs. 

Weather was supposed to be a story in this game.  You can see snow that wasn’t cleared on the field.  Zach had >300 yards.  

From his freshman year another cold weather game from the top of my head Boise in December (weather was about 40 internet says max winds 20mph, but it was less windy than tomorrows game will be) 

I looked 5 min for the Rainey/Windy game from his freshman or sophomore year.  I think it was probably sophomore year IIRC.  I don’t think it’s more of an issue for him than others.  It will affect things, sure but they other team has the same weather too.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Not trying to say it’s the same, just I don’t think it matters as much as it will for some QBs. 

Weather was supposed to be a story in this game.  You can see snow that wasn’t cleared on the field.  Zach had >300 yards.  

From his freshman year another cold weather game from the top of my head Boise in December (weather was about 40 internet says max winds 20mph, but it was less windy than tomorrows game will be) 

I looked 5 min for the Rainey/Windy game from his freshman or sophomore year.  I think it was probably sophomore year IIRC.  I don’t think it’s more of an issue for him than others.  It will affect things, sure but they other team has the same weather too.  

Nice one.  I probably don't remember them as weather games because of how well he played in contrast to the absolute inability to cope in this years Boise game.  This bodes well, assuming it doesn't effect our practice squad receivers!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Nice one.  I probably don't remember them as weather games because of how well he played in contrast to the absolute inability to cope in this years Boise game.  This bodes well, assuming it doesn't effect our practice squad receivers!

There was wind and weather in a bunch of games and the other QB would have issues but Zach rolled like normal.   He put less air under the ball IIRC so if it’s windy as forecast we can expect even more drops lol.  

This is a big game for receivers who want to stay next season, so maybe we get some magic.  If not, it would be good development if Zach keeps throwing it away and doesn’t take a bunch of sacks, even though the haters won’t see it that way lol.  

16 hours ago, Copernicus said:

This is the type of experience that will build Wilson for competing in bad weather when it matters. It’s all good regardless of outcome.

• Upvote 1