***2021 NFL PLAYOFFS - WILD CARD ROUND***

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Dosnt matter, the ref was no where in sight he was so far behind the play he was a speck, only after dallas set the ball did the guy run in bull his way through and then NOT touch the ball but pick it up and move it twice before setting it down.

Seriously he placed the ball a foot forward like he knew where it was supposed to be. lol

Definitely not the refs fault. That’s the rules. These guys know the deal, have to game plan with all variables accounted for. Dak didn’t get down fast enough. The extra 5-7 yards he ran wasn’t worth the 3 seconds in total. Don’t like the call but IF your gonna call that you have to run air perfect and make sure you get down with enough time to set and spike 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Anthony Jet said:

Definitely not the refs fault. That’s the rules. These guys know the deal, have to game plan with all variables accounted for. Dak didn’t get down fast enough. The extra 5-7 yards he ran wasn’t worth the 3 seconds in total. Don’t like the call but IF your gonna call that you have to run air perfect and make sure you get down with enough time to set and spike 

Yeah Dallas got way too cute.

Everything had to work to perfection to give you a chance. Meanwhile you could’ve had two plays to Hail Mary and at least give yourself a chance.

Way too cute- F Dallas.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

And Garappolo.  Both QBs seeking glory for themselves with the QB sneaks.

You’ve been trying to make some stupid point about Wilson all day in this thread. Equating Garrappolo’s QB sneak with the play Scott was critical about is beyond stupid though. Give it a rest.

• WTF? 1

Forget the last play for a minute. Can anyone explain what happened with the clock on the 49ers last possession. 1:20 left. Deebo runs the reverse and is tackled with 1:10 left. 40 second play clock should get down to 30 seconds. But after the review, they put time on the game clock and took time off the play clock so SF could only run the clock down to 40 seconds. Cowboys got an extra 10 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Buddy what the **** are you talking about? He was hustling like hell to help them out and they were literally blocking him from the ball. It’s 100% on the Cowboys for nonsensical playcalling and Dak being completely oblivious to the rules. Romo in that situation knew exactly what was happening and what he should do. Dak bottled it and cost his team all night.

Watch the sequence again, was it important for him to pick up the ball twice before putting down?  I mean running in from 30 yards way it is very important not to just touch the ball as the rules state but to pick it up and move it twice.

I could care less how stupid the play call was, and it was idiotic.  does not make the end game situation any different as far as getting the ball ready to snap.

He was already in range to throw the Hail Mary. It just made absolutely no sense. Just bizarre sh*t

Yup. They had time to possibly take two shots at the end zone. Running the ball made no sense. Putting your fate in the hands of how quickly a ref can spot the ball was a huge mistake.
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You’ve been trying to make some stupid point about Wilson all day in this thread. Equating Garrappolo’s QB sneak with the play Scott was critical about is beyond stupid though. Give it a rest.

What the hell are you talking about?  I mentioned Wilson twice in this thread and one post was to NOT make it about him.  What's your problem?

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I was watching an old replay of the Cowboys at 49ers "The Catch" game. I saw the Cowboys quarterback Danny White was also the punter. I think Joe Theismann was a punter at one time too. I just found that cool. We'll probably never see that again were a qb doubles as the punter. 

Unless you’re Mac Jones.

Ooooooh got emmmm.

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I was watching an old replay of the Cowboys at 49ers "The Catch" game. I saw the Cowboys quarterback Danny White was also the punter. I think Joe Theismann was a punter at one time too. I just found that cool. We'll probably never see that again were a qb doubles as the punter. 

Tom Tupa did it for the Jets as well 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I’ve never understood why we don’t ever see punter/kicker hybrid. 

• Upvote 2